Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best times for Ibiza??

I definitely want to do Ibizia this summer. I'm looking at some dates in early July because some friends and I are gonna do the running of the bulls somewhere around the 7th of July. I know some of you have been there and that it depends on what parties are scheduled... but can anyone recommend certain dates, number of days to stay, and what days of the week are good to be there on. Anything else I should know would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm also thinking about going early june to mid july... somewhere in there, whenever i finish finals, and before i move back from italy.

anyone know anything about prices there and whatnot? and like... can i be really cheap and sleep on the beach? LoL I have no idea how broke i'll be by july...

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I'm also thinking about going early june to mid july... somewhere in there, whenever i finish finals, and before i move back from italy.

anyone know anything about prices there and whatnot? and like... can i be really cheap and sleep on the beach? LoL I have no idea how broke i'll be by july...

lets go together, we can perform for the crowds :D

middle to late august is the best time to go....of if you can make it to the closing parties......

i went from aug15th-24th....

had a ridiculous time and only one sunday night at space and morillo at pacha were filled where you couldnt move....

everywhere else was in full swing and packed just enough where you can still dance and move around and the clubs stay at that capacity til closing....truly amazing...

check out www.ibiza-spotlight.com for all dj dates,party info and message forums.....

i went last year the last week of july into the first week of august...i tell ya what theres way too many details to write about so unfortunately i cant give anyone the real vibe thats down there but that differs from person to person anyway....as far as the best time to go, i thought the time i went was perfect because it was just as peak season started so it was at full capacity yet it was crowded...i was down there for the start of the Radio 1 weekend which is always off the hook...let me say this though...ive been to alot of party cities...south beach, vegas, cancun, and other major cities like montreal (which is very underrated), boston...there in nothing that is remotely close to the vibe of ibiza...one word of advice to americans...dont try and compete with partying with europeans...they will out drink u, out eat u, out smoke u, do more drugs than u and stay up longer than u...also since eurpoeans dont tip bartenders, if u give tips u will get hooked up with drinking as i learned the first few minutes i was at bora bora....there just so much to say and not enough time for me to say it....one more word of advice...best day of the week- Sundays...u have We Love Sundays at Space and Judgment Sundays later that night...most overrated night of the week is Thursdays at Amnesia with PVD and Tiesto...i personally dont like Tiesto but PVD is godly...the club though couldnt have been more packed...it was the worst ive ever seen a club in my life and unfortunately the music was unreal and there was no where to move....anywaysss ill be back this year for sure.

Originally posted by joecrack13

i went last year the last week of july into the first week of august...i tell ya what theres way too many details to write about so unfortunately i cant give anyone the real vibe thats down there but that differs from person to person anyway....as far as the best time to go, i thought the time i went was perfect because it was just as peak season started so it was at full capacity yet it was crowded...i was down there for the start of the Radio 1 weekend which is always off the hook...let me say this though...ive been to alot of party cities...south beach, vegas, cancun, and other major cities like montreal (which is very underrated), boston...there in nothing that is remotely close to the vibe of ibiza...one word of advice to americans...dont try and compete with partying with europeans...they will out drink u, out eat u, out smoke u, do more drugs than u and stay up longer than u...also since eurpoeans dont tip bartenders, if u give tips u will get hooked up with drinking as i learned the first few minutes i was at bora bora....there just so much to say and not enough time for me to say it....one more word of advice...best day of the week- Sundays...u have We Love Sundays at Space and Judgment Sundays later that night...most overrated night of the week is Thursdays at Amnesia with PVD and Tiesto...i personally dont like Tiesto but PVD is godly...the club though couldnt have been more packed...it was the worst ive ever seen a club in my life and unfortunately the music was unreal and there was no where to move....anywaysss ill be back this year for sure.

Where did you stay? I'm going the 29of Aug-9Sep and I want to stay on the beach in a nice hotel. I was looking at the Los Molinos(sp?) Any suggestions would be great.

Originally posted by faith11878

Where did you stay? I'm going the 29of Aug-9Sep and I want to stay on the beach in a nice hotel. I was looking at the Los Molinos(sp?) Any suggestions would be great.

i stood at the los molinos.....def a quality hotel but not a party hotel.....its quiet and you can get away from the crazyness for a while and just chill by the pool.....its also a 10-15 min walk to ibiza town and a taxi stand is just around the corner.....

i've gone to ibiza twice, both times in peak season (last week in july, 1st week in august). i didn't find it too crowded, though you must book early as hotel rooms fill up fast. we paid about $100/night (e.g. $50/pppn) both years. one thing you will learn about ibiza is that it is not cheap... if you can drive stickshift, invest in renting a car because the buses add at least an hour to your journey - the island is small, but that distance is huge when you have to get from salinas to san an in time for the sunset.

i've also travelled to a lot of party destinations and i can concur: the vibe in ibiza is like noplace you've ever been. the island just makes you exceed your capabilities in terms of endurance for pleasure.

some words of advice:

1) spend time to hear djs you've never heard of and don't just go to the big nights at amnesia. DC-10 was one of the greatest parties ever.

2) make sure you do sundays@space at least once in your life... you won't regret it.

3) learn italian... you'll thank me in the morning.

4) it doesn't really matter where you stay - i've stayed in talamanca (near ibiza town) and san antonio, and you really don't spend much time at your hotel anyway. i preferred the ibiza side to the san an side because the british can get a little fucking nuts... which brings me to my next point:

5) if you want to live, avoid happy hour @ the west end at all costs. i have never known anarchy like that which exists when drunk brits are away from their home country for more then an hour.

6) don't listen to anyone that says sunsets are mainstream - its an experience you'll never forget.

7) when you've been awake for 3 days straight, you're leaving DC-10 at noon and a group of italians you've never met before says "hey, lets go to space"... you listen.

8) go to bora bora. its fucking cool.

9) tip the travellers making sandcastles along san antonio bay.

10) manumission is a waste of time, as is privilege in general... unless you want to consume massive amounts of drugs in very short amounts of time. if so, then you're golden.

11) if you're walking between amnesia and privilege, at least wait until sunrise - apparently the concepts of speed limit and blood-alcohol percentage doesn't apply in europe.

12) judgement sundays had a surprisingly good vibe, even though it was cheese trance and bosh bosh music. spend some time in the funky room at eden - you'll never know who you'll talk to.

13) prepare to eat well in ibiza... unless you eat at your hotel.

14) respect the island for she will tell you all her secrets.

15) fuck the tan (e.g. going clubbing 24/7 your entire vacation) is fun for a little while, but the girls on the beaches are much more beautiful then americans.... and they don't wear tops. just think about what you're missing!

16) if you're lookin for a bargain, go to sundays@space really early - its only $5 and you get free breakfast with Satoshi Tommiie.

17) they will confiscate your camera at space... unless you keep it in your pocket as you go through the door. i learned that the hard way.

18) i mention this again for emphasis - sundays @ space really is the best party in the world.

19) if you fall asleep on the becah, remember to put on sunscreen first (another lesson i learned the hard way).

20) when you come home, you will be forever changed. something inside you will snap - because now you know that life really can be this good.

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by dialectics

i've gone to ibiza twice, both times in peak season (last week in july, 1st week in august). i didn't find it too crowded, though you must book early as hotel rooms fill up fast. we paid about $100/night (e.g. $50/pppn) both years. one thing you will learn about ibiza is that it is not cheap... if you can drive stickshift, invest in renting a car because the buses add at least an hour to your journey - the island is small, but that distance is huge when you have to get from salinas to san an in time for the sunset.

i've also travelled to a lot of party destinations and i can concur: the vibe in ibiza is like noplace you've ever been. the island just makes you exceed your capabilities in terms of endurance for pleasure.

some words of advice:

1) spend time to hear djs you've never heard of and don't just go to the big nights at amnesia. DC-10 was one of the greatest parties ever.

2) make sure you do sundays@space at least once in your life... you won't regret it.

3) learn italian... you'll thank me in the morning.

4) it doesn't really matter where you stay - i've stayed in talamanca (near ibiza town) and san antonio, and you really don't spend much time at your hotel anyway. i preferred the ibiza side to the san an side because the british can get a little fucking nuts... which brings me to my next point:

5) if you want to live, avoid happy hour @ the west end at all costs. i have never known anarchy like that which exists when drunk brits are away from their home country for more then an hour.

6) don't listen to anyone that says sunsets are mainstream - its an experience you'll never forget.

7) when you've been awake for 3 days straight, you're leaving DC-10 at noon and a group of italians you've never met before says "hey, lets go to space"... you listen.

8) go to bora bora. its fucking cool.

9) tip the travellers making sandcastles along san antonio bay.

10) manumission is a waste of time, as is privilege in general... unless you want to consume massive amounts of drugs in very short amounts of time. if so, then you're golden.

11) if you're walking between amnesia and privilege, at least wait until sunrise - apparently the concepts of speed limit and blood-alcohol percentage doesn't apply in europe.

12) judgement sundays had a surprisingly good vibe, even though it was cheese trance and bosh bosh music. spend some time in the funky room at eden - you'll never know who you'll talk to.

13) prepare to eat well in ibiza... unless you eat at your hotel.

14) respect the island for she will tell you all her secrets.

15) fuck the tan (e.g. going clubbing 24/7 your entire vacation) is fun for a little while, but the girls on the beaches are much more beautiful then americans.... and they don't wear tops. just think about what you're missing!

16) if you're lookin for a bargain, go to sundays@space really early - its only $5 and you get free breakfast with Satoshi Tommiie.

17) they will confiscate your camera at space... unless you keep it in your pocket as you go through the door. i learned that the hard way.

18) i mention this again for emphasis - sundays @ space really is the best party in the world.

19) if you fall asleep on the becah, remember to put on sunscreen first (another lesson i learned the hard way).

20) when you come home, you will be forever changed. something inside you will snap - because now you know that life really can be this good.

peaz,

rob

That settles it...

I'M GOING!

party018.gifparty018.gifparty018.gif