Clubplanet Nightlife Community

boxing

Originally posted by mbenzml

is anyone into boxing here?

are there any leagues or rings anywhere around nyc?

I'm obsessed with it. I'm talking about watching fights though. I don't box other than fucking around with my friends at home. I know of a few decent gyms in Jersey, Newark area.

Originally posted by zeeker

I'm obsessed with it. I'm talking about watching fights though. I don't box other than fucking around with my friends at home. I know of a few decent gyms in Jersey, Newark area.

yea i was thinkin of findin some decent gyms around nyc...since im here for school now..

IM A WALKING BOXING ENCYCLOPEDIA at least ive been told that. I love the sport to death and i also boxed when i was 13 till 16. If your looking for a gym might i suggest a very good gym famous around the wordl but not exagerately expensive. GLEASONS GYM its n brooklyn 75 FRONT STREET. A,C train to high street. F train to york street. I still think vernon is agood fighter he jut fought the wrong game plan. The only fight im excited for right now is if in sept OSCAR DELAHOYA fights FERNANDO VARGAS again, being that SHANE MOSLEY isnt agreeig to the fight right now. Also i hope Roy jones destroys JOHN RUIZ hes not a worthy champion or should not be considered a champion im from the old school: TO BEAT THE MAN, YA HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN. (im also a big wrestling fan, whoooooooo). Or do you want a gym in mannhathan.

Originally posted by silverbull

IM A WALKING BOXING ENCYCLOPEDIA at least ive been told that. I love the sport to death and i also boxed when i was 13 till 16. If your looking for a gym might i suggest a very good gym famous around the wordl but not exagerately expensive. GLEASONS GYM its n brooklyn 75 FRONT STREET. A,C train to high street. F train to york street. I still think vernon is agood fighter he jut fought the wrong game plan. The only fight im excited for right now is if in sept OSCAR DELAHOYA fights FERNANDO VARGAS again, being that SHANE MOSLEY isnt agreeig to the fight right now. Also i hope Roy jones destroys JOHN RUIZ hes not a worthy champion or should not be considered a champion im from the old school: TO BEAT THE MAN, YA HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN. (im also a big wrestling fan, whoooooooo). Or do you want a gym in mannhathan.

manhattan is preferable...but if that gym is really good im willing to go to brooklyn....btw how expensive are we talkin here...cause i don't know how much most lessons cost

eh, I have no doubt DLH-Vargas II will be another good fight. But, i don't see it ending any different than did the first one. Plus, From what I've read, the mention of that fight is just a ploy to get Mosley to come down from what he wants to do a rematch with Oscar. I'm more interested in seeing that rematch than a Vargas repeat. Vargas is a straight-up punk, and doesn't deserve a rematch.

The fight that I really really want to see is Barrera - Morales 3. I was in Vegas for the second one, and was among those who thought Morales won. A third fight is called for, and i think would be a scorcher.

I also wanna see morales vs barerra 3 that whould be just as exciting as the first 2. Yeah i thught barerra won the first one and morales the 2 one so why not do it again. But the fghti wold really wish wuld happen is DELAHOYA VS TRINADAD 2. Cause their is no way felix shouldve one that fight in my opinion. And a great true champion should always redeem himself. TRINADAD gets knocked out and then beats a bum and quits cmon.

i agree about the Tito-Oscar fight. i would love to see it. But I don't see that one being too different from the first. I think DLH would outbox him like he did in the first fight, but stick it out the whole fight and not run like he did towards the end of their 1st fihgt. Oscar, UD.

1. oscar de la hoya (im not mexican im ecuadorian)

2. roy jones (but he hasnt fought toug people in yrs)

3. marco antonio barerra (he does have the official win over morales)

4. Lennox lewis (when hes mentally there forget about it

5.bernard hopkins (the old man can still bang)

6.vernon forrest/ricardo mayorga (wanna se the rematch first)

7.Manny pacquiano (hope youve heard of him)

8.erik morales (he killed paulie ayala)

9.fernando vargas (hes still young but could beat alot of other people, i think if he wouldve fought trinadad 2yrs after he fought him he wouldve beaten him)

10. Floyd mayweather (hope he hasnt lost it)

11.Tim austin (lil big man)

12. Wladimir klitshco (im still alil iffy on him though)

whast yours and also, who d you really think the greatest fighter of all time is, ALL TIME. I think sugar ray robinson,then ali.

Mine in order.

1. Marco Antonio Barrera

2. Roy Jones jr. ( I just don't like him)

3. Bernard Hopkins (Ditto, and is killign his own career)

4. Kostya Tszyu (fights all the top guys in the best division in boxing)

5. Floyd Mayweather (dominated Castillo and left no dount as to who is the best lightweight out there)

6. Oscar De La Hoya (my ni66a)

7. Erik Morales(pure warrior)

8. Ricardo Mayorga(gotta put him up there)

9. Tim Austin (underrated little guy)

10. Vernon Forrest (eh, overrated)

11. Shane Mosley(won't beat forrest, but still a top fighter)

12. Lennox Lewis(baddest man on the planet)

of course I'm heard of the 'Pac-man'

he is one of my favorites. I'm waiting for him and Timmy Austin to go at it. Imagine that one.

looks like i got a new boxing buddy,cool. Hey ive been trying to get a good full copy of MUHAMMAd ALI vs JOE FRAZIER 1. i have the second and third fight entirely. But for some reason i cant find the firstone. IT aint on dvd, or tape, almost ordered it once but it was for a european vcr. It sukcs i really want that fight, i mean i have mostly all of the speiclas of that fight but i want the whole full thing. Do you wanna see another tyson lewis match.I dont. Man every body in my hood was goin for tyson just cause hes from brooklyn, they didnt stop to think how good LEWIS IS. Tyson was a good fighter in my opinon not a great one. But now cmon. If you really look at his fights the onlygood people hes ever fought were. LEWIS(L).HOLYFIEDL 2X'S(L) MIKE SPINKS(W) an old larry holmes(w) and maybe even razor ruddock at that time. SO i dont know why people consider him a great fighter. Ca he stand a chace against anybody hll yeah cause f his punch. BUt also he can be hit. ASK buster,lennox,evander, even frankbrun hurt him n the 1st round of their first fight but he ranout of gas and was scared. Frans botha was on his way to beat tyson if not for his punch.

Originally posted by crosspatrick

When Roy Jones comes back down from heavyweight do any of ye think that we will see him fight Michalczewski or is that fight just never going to happen.

I doubt it. I read a round by round of Michalczewski's last fight, and it looked like he just squeeked by. I don't think he even presents Jones with a challenge at this point. I think, when/if Jones comes back down, the only fights worth mentioning at this point are Antonio Tarver (still wouldn't be close), Hopkins, and I would like to see him go at it with James Toney again. Ha, Oscar is babbling about wanting to fight Jones now, provided he comes down in weight of course. but, that will never happen. Best case scenario for me, would be for RJJ to get KTFO by Ruiz, and retire. I am a full fledged Roy hater.

Originally posted by silverbull

looks like i got a new boxing buddy,cool. Hey ive been trying to get a good full copy of MUHAMMAd ALI vs JOE FRAZIER 1. i have the second and third fight entirely. But for some reason i cant find the firstone. IT aint on dvd, or tape, almost ordered it once but it was for a european vcr. It sukcs i really want that fight, i mean i have mostly all of the speiclas of that fight but i want the whole full thing. Do you wanna see another tyson lewis match.I dont. Man every body in my hood was goin for tyson just cause hes from brooklyn, they didnt stop to think how good LEWIS IS. Tyson was a good fighter in my opinon not a great one. But now cmon. If you really look at his fights the onlygood people hes ever fought were. LEWIS(L).HOLYFIEDL 2X'S(L) MIKE SPINKS(W) an old larry holmes(w) and maybe even razor ruddock at that time. SO i dont know why people consider him a great fighter. Ca he stand a chace against anybody hll yeah cause f his punch. BUt also he can be hit. ASK buster,lennox,evander, even frankbrun hurt him n the 1st round of their first fight but he ranout of gas and was scared. Frans botha was on his way to beat tyson if not for his punch.

In regards to a lot of those fights, a lot of guys sell tapes online. I'd check Ebay maybe. I know there are a few sites out that sell only fights. i'm sure you'd be able to find it.

On teh topic of Lennox Lewis, I have long since disliked him, especially after he under trained and got laid out by Rahman. But since, i have been very impressed. I mean, given his size, skill, and speed for a guy that big, he would be heavily favored to beat any heavyweight in boxing History, given they were at their primes. I'm not holding my breath for Wladimir to be given a shot at the title, even though I think he has the best shot as of now.

For fucks sake, do NOT put Tyson in there again. it'll only be worse than last time. Tyson was just a monster when he was younger. Since, well, we all know his story. I have a weird feeling he's gonna lose to Etienne this February, and thus negating teh whole idea of a Lewis rematch.

ive never seen dariusz fight im also curious to see what what happens. I wanna see royfight, BERNARD,ANTONIO,JAMES TONEY,VASSILY JIROV,EVANDER HOLYFIELD. Couldnt find crap on ebay. Im not a jones fan i dislike himas well but i respect and acknowlede he ahs great skills. BUt you have ot prove yourself when you have skills.