Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking for work: computer programmer

candeo

What's up y'all? I'm in a rough situation and I figured I'd give the boards a holler.

My position on the contract I was on got made redundant, and now I'm looking for a new job. It's getting down to the wire because I'm only on the payroll till next Tuesday.

If you work in IT and you know of a position I might be qualified for, why doncha let me know about it.

I have 6 years of experience doing computer programming for the Department of Defense. Most of my experience has been working with COBOL and SQL on Unisys mainframes, but in the past year I have also worked with PowerBuilder, MS SQL, ASP, XML and Oracle.

Hey, I'm really puttin' my feelers out, so anything helps. How is this related to the boards? Well, I can't start going out again till I have another good job, right? Heh heh.

Thanks.

Yeah, I know it is. I've only been looking for a week and a half, but I've been bustin' it pretty hard and I don't have any interviews yet. I might have to temp for a while until something comes up.

I gotta get a real job, though, soon. I'm getting married in November and don't want my homeymoon to be at Mc Donalds.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by candeo

Thanks.

Yeah, I know it is. I've only been looking for a week and a half, but I've been bustin' it pretty hard and I don't have any interviews yet. I might have to temp for a while until something comes up.

I gotta get a real job, though, soon. I'm getting married in November and don't want my homeymoon to be at Mc Donalds.

are you on monster? just take your resume, get all dressed up, and go to these companies and demand a damn job. start at the top, go to SAIC, booze-allen-hamilton, and others just start searching and make contact with them.

Awww. :D

I don't know if it's the same thing, but my b/f works as a Systems Admin here at the Senate. He has lots of connections, so if you happen to find something you like let me know. . .

i want to switch jobs myself. a couple of years ago when i was looking for work within a month i had sent out at least 15 resumes to different places looking to hire people with my level of experience & education. now in a month i've only found 2.

Oh yeah, my resume's all over. I'm on Monster, WashingtonJobs.com, Computerjobs.com, USA Jobs, and HotJobs. Right now I'm going through the webpages of every single IT company in the metro area and checking their webpages for openings.

I tried physically going to SAIC, but they won't just let you walk on in. That place is pretty high security and Hiring managers aren't just sitting around waiting for people to walk in. You can't talk to somebody at most companies unless you've gone through the review process and they contact you to come in.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

i want to switch jobs myself. a couple of years ago when i was looking for work within a month i had sent out at least 15 resumes to different places looking to hire people with my level of experience & education. now in a month i've only found 2.

you got to stay on them, follow up, the same way you would after grinding a 16 year old, you get the number and keep calling.

I work for an IT consulting firm and i've placed many people to work, but as of right now i dont know of any openings for programmers. However, send me your resume and i'll be on the lookout. Also, if you are interested in getting some free IT training let me know - no catch, no bull. i'll explain later if you are interested.

nautilus60@hotmail.com

012801 SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – Democratic Senator is seeking a Systems Administrator/Webmaster to oversee computer systems in the D.C. and state offices and maintain/ update the Senator’s website. Major responsibilities will include: maintenance and upkeep of servers and computers, troubleshooting, maintaining correspondence database, and

regularly updating website in coordination with other staff. Candidates should possess knowledge of relevant computer hardware and software. Knowledge of Windows 9X/2000,

Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft Office, WordPerfect, Adobe Photoshop, web-design software, and Internet Quorum (IQ), a plus, but not required.

To apply for a position in this Bulletin, send your resume to the SENATE EMPLOYMENT BULLETIN, Senate Placement Office, Room SH-142 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C. 20510. Indicate the Job Referral Number on your resume as well as on the lower left corner of the mailing envelope. Send a separate resume for each position for which you wish to apply.

To hear a recording of the SENATE EMPLOYMENT BULLETIN, call (202) 228-JOBS. The U.S. Senate is an equal opportunity employer.

Hey, I'm really puttin' my feelers out, so anything helps. How is this related to the boards? Well, I can't start going out again till I have another good job, right? Heh heh.

I'm looking for a tauntaun to ride if you are interested. We can work out salary :D

Hehe... seriously though, good luck! I have a few friends that have lost their jobs recently and its horrible out there :(