Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone have any club lighitng background? HELP!!

so here's the deal....

im running into problems with lighting design,

im kind of a Really big BITCH,

i mean when i want my way, the fucking EARTH SHAKES, lol

now, im working with this guy from Denver, who is doing the lighting design n shit, for the space im working on, and the Main reason i went with him, and not someone in La, or NY was because he is the same guy who did the original light9ng for Traz in Denver, and Galore in Tokyo, anyway....this guy DOES GREAT SHIT!

and we discussed different things. and im not really digging what he wants to do with the dance floor ........

Question......

i have noticed this at ARC, n other places.....

When Hanging an inteligent scanner, WHY must they hang them upside down....and not up right, i like how they Scan when there hanging right side up, n not upside down, it looks to me, to have that older, More Funkier look to it, when they Swoosh threw the smoke, and go nuts, i like them that way....i dont like them pointing up more, i like the colors to hit the crowd n the floor, not the ceiling...

anyway, Why do alot of desgner's n lighting people prefor to hang them upside down...

this is prob a dumb ass question, but im not a lighting kinda person, and im arguing with him, and its kinda annoying me...

can anyone give me some pros n cons to scanner's n how they should be set up?

for my personal knowledge so i can either Bash his dumb head in, or back off, n shut the fuck up, :laugh:

anyway Thanks.

oly>

The Eqp was purchesed THREW a Dealer at american Dj, the lighting eqp is Martin, and XLZ.........

Without having to call anyone, or do anything, is there anyone on the board who knows what the fuck im talking about, with out further annoying me some more,? LOL:laugh:

Olympia