Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The *~*OFFICIAL*~* What did you Eat for Lunch? Thread!

cookiegirl

Hmmm...went to Good Thyme on M st (19th and M)...one of those places that has a buffet of all different sorts of food (like Soho's). Got myself some rotisserie (sp??) chicken, general tso chicken, salad, sauteed beans, and char-broiled chicken (that tasted suspiciously like "bourbon chicken"). Paid $7 - too much (actually have been spending too much $$ on lunch lately).

Originally posted by raver_mania

Hmmm...went to Good Thyme on M st (19th and M)...one of those places that has a buffet of all different sorts of food (like Soho's). Got myself some rotisserie (sp??) chicken, general tso chicken, salad, sauteed beans, and char-broiled chicken (that tasted suspiciously like "bourbon chicken"). Paid $7 - too much (actually have been spending too much $$ on lunch lately).

why all the chicken?

Trying to go on a diet...low carb, high protein.

THough, the amount of oil in all that chicken probably added up to 100000 calories!

atkins? trying to go into ketosis? i mean, you are working out, or doing some type of excersice?

Originally posted by vicman

atkins? trying to go into ketosis? i mean, you are working out, or doing some type of excersice?

Not sure if I want to (or have the will-power to) go into a full blown Atkins diet. I'm just trying to cut down carbs to 100-150g per day. Maybe enter a borderline ketosis state.

Yup, definitely have started exercising again (last Thursday the first day in nearly two months)...moderate lifting along with aerobic exercise.

Not sure if I want to (or have the will-power to) go into a full blown Atkins diet. I'm just trying to cut down carbs to 100-150g per day. Maybe enter a borderline ketosis state.

Yup, definitely have started exercising again (last Thursday the first day in nearly two months)...moderate lifting along with aerobic exercise.

if you can't cut carbs completely out of your diet, try reducing your carb intake after 4 pm. I lost 15 lbs doing this one summer (as well as exercising). Trying it again :aright:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

if you can't cut carbs completely out of your diet, try reducing your carb intake after 4 pm. I lost 15 lbs doing this one summer (as well as exercising). Trying it again :aright:

try eating lots of fibrous carbs. they fill you up, help with your plumbing and your body cant absorb them. also cutting simple carbs out helps a lot. no juices (eat the fruit instead) no coke (unless its larry) or soft drinks, candy, cookies, etc. but definitley once in a while give yourself room to indulge a bit.