Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's going to Nick Warren tonite?

pod

If anyone stops by Crobar for Nick Warren, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the ever elusive Vaughan & Sheldon in the VIP room.. they are slippery blokes, but they will have their drink on!

LOLAHOTASS might actually show herself!!! this I look forward to~! ;)

Guest saleen351

they are putting up a nick warren live set up on the net. Not sure where it was recorded but check out www.djmixes2k.com for the live set, should be up next week...

ps crobar sucks.. and biz crobar isn't competition.... IHOP is more of a competition than crobar..

Originally posted by saleen351

ps crobar sucks.. and biz crobar isn't competition.... IHOP is more of a competition than crobar..

Crobar, by all means, does not suck Saleen. That place was off da hook last night. Fuckin' packed and the music was fucking amazing. Look for my official review. I'm sure anyone that was there last night will agree that Crobar was da bomb last night....... Just like the good ol' days:D

Lola:eek:

Originally posted by lolahotass

Crobar, by all means, does not suck Saleen. That place was off da hook last night. Fuckin' packed and the music was fucking amazing. Look for my official review. I'm sure anyone that was there last night will agree that Crobar was da bomb last night....... Just like the good ol' days:D

Lola:eek:

indeed! Crobar is da bomb!!!!!!!!!!

Saleen: you should try going to club Deep or something so you can score some hoes cuz you never score any at Space.

Originally posted by laliux

indeed! Crobar is da bomb!!!!!!!!!!

FO SHEEZY! Let's hope they bring back the quality talent that place so rightfully deserves... I mean seriously, the club is great, it could use a make-over (since it has been a few years) however when they have a quality dj droppin' a phat set (ala NW last night), that place is nuts.

So some of us are clueless clubbers cuz we can't id every track...the main thing is, the people on the dancefloor and standing upstairs were ALL SHAKIN' BOOTY:D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lolahotass

FO SHEEZY! Let's hope they bring back the quality talent that place so rightfully deserves... I mean seriously, the club is great, it could use a make-over (since it has been a few years) however when they have a quality dj droppin' a phat set (ala NW last night), that place is nuts.

So some of us are clueless clubbers cuz we can't id every track...the main thing is, the people on the dancefloor and standing upstairs were ALL SHAKIN' BOOTY:D

there is no djs left to play crobar...... with maze finally making moves and space owning the rest of them, whos left?

Originally posted by saleen351

there is no djs left to play crobar...... with maze finally making moves and space owning the rest of them, whos left?

Well, I tell ya flat out, if Nick Warren is there again, then I'm there.

He was fantastic last night in my opinion:).

Hopefully COX will be down to Cro soon:eek: Or even Timo Maas was good at conference (at Crobar) last year....

Who knows - just the fact that they brought in a good quality dj last night, got my motor runnin'....

You are right though, the DJ list for Cro is getting smaller due to Space/Maze......

If I were to grade Nick Warren's performance last night it would look like this:

track selection : A

mixing : B

that's not bad at all.....there were just many occassions while he mixed that it was a bit too obvious of a mix and the beatmatching was not as tight as let's say Sasha, Digweed or Seaman....

but it was a great time nonetheless...there was tremendous energy during his set and it was cool to hang out with some of the gang: pod, nick and sarah junkie, my friend marcos, djfx and his girlfriend, cheryl, mimi, rachel, chaz, shroomy and his beautiful wife, marick, james, micheal louis, craig demo, jon cowan.....if I missed anyone, sorry.. :)

I had a blast.

Can anyone explain to me why Nick Warren mixed it's best music in such a gentle way (you couldn't even notice the transitions) and one hour later he fucked it up? He lowered the pitch of one of the songs way too noticeble, started playing a bunch of tracks which really had nothing to do with the dynamic he had since he started, FUCKED IT UP!!!!!! Terrible.... the first hour was amazing..... the rest I could have thought it was my mother spinning blindfolded with her feet.

what a waste.....seriously. I'm still grateful for the first hour of the set though.