Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubs IN Chicago (Narcisse, Rive Gauche)

pvdxtc

And White Star Lounge.....

Anyone been to these clubs?

I'm from new york and are used to Pangaea, sPA, Eugenes. Lot 61... and was wondering if Narcisse has the same vibe.

Thanks.

Ps: I have visited their respective websites, but was wondering if anyone of u have been there RECENTLY.

I would probably hit Narcisse. Very nice venue and good music. Riva and Whitestar suck. Unless you like kiddy people and kiddy music then those are your places, otherwise Narcisse is your best bet. Also, I would check out Vision. Nice system, great lighting and definately great music. When are you coming to town I will let you know whos playing?

Originally posted by lilliz77

I would probably hit Narcisse. Very nice venue and good music. Riva and Whitestar suck. Unless you like kiddy people and kiddy music then those are your places, otherwise Narcisse is your best bet. Also, I would check out Vision. Nice system, great lighting and definately great music. When are you coming to town I will let you know whos playing?

Thank you so much for the info.

And.. yes I heard that White Star Lounge sucks...But, have heard really nice reviews about RIVE Gauche, especially on their website, so I will def hit that venue for 2-4 hours....

http://www.rivechicago.com/gallery/

I have seen and heard from some Chicago PPL ready good reviews/comments about Rive....

Narcisse... Yes... A BIG thumbs Up also... Thanks for the Positive Feedback on this one. Their website doesn't really show any of the Layout and/or format of the club BUT again, I WILL DEF CHECK IT OUT along with Rive... !

I'm going there for a Health Conference Starting end of February... not sure of the date yet.... but thanks for the offer of letting me know who's playing...

To be honest with you, since TIESTO and PVD are spinning here in NYC in the next 3 weeks, I don't really care of who's playing @CHICAGO, as long as I hit some of the Hip Pop, House, tribal, Trance in Chicago EXCLUDING CROBAR....

I will be arriving on Friday night, which will be helpful for u to tell me where to go? Either Narcisse or Rive?

then I want to do another Club on Saturday and another on Sunday.

My conference runs from Monday thru Friday 11am....

Thanks!

Any other nice Lounges/Clubs... !

Narcisse is a good posh restaurant/caviar bar kinda thing. Music is ok.. but it's a small place..

Thursday - big wig early, transit late

Fri - Lava lounge - house music

Sat - Vision for big names/ Big Wig for house

Do not go to whitestar or rive.. it's cheese. You'll be regretting it.

listen to liz as well.. she's all over the city..

later, mike - localsound.com

Originally posted by jedimike

Narcisse is a good posh restaurant/caviar bar kinda thing. Music is ok.. but it's a small place..

hahahaha, yea I the original club chic ;) Anyway, I will say that I used to go to Rive Thursday through Saturday for a year straight. It was like Cheers for me, I loved it and loved the staff and the people. It still can be a good time, but my tastes have changed and unfortunately so has Rive's. If you still want to go to Rive, I would suggest going on a Friday and if you really like it go back on Saturday. It is very very packed on Saturday and can at times get annoying especially with all the fights that go on there. I agree with Mike on the Thursday and Saturday, but I have not checked out Lava Lounge so I can't give an opinion on that. If you want to check out Narcisse check it out on Friday. Also, for more places that might suit you I woudl check out www.metromix.com and go to Bar/Club section. Crobar is closed right now for renovations, and Soundbar is set to open up soon, not sure when. Let me know what you decide and I can possibly give you info on djs as well as guestlist. Take Care!

Originally posted by lilliz77

hahahaha, yea I the original club chic ;) Anyway, I will say that I used to go to Rive Thursday through Saturday for a year straight. It was like Cheers for me, I loved it and loved the staff and the people. It still can be a good time, but my tastes have changed and unfortunately so has Rive's. If you still want to go to Rive, I would suggest going on a Friday and if you really like it go back on Saturday. It is very very packed on Saturday and can at times get annoying especially with all the fights that go on there. I agree with Mike on the Thursday and Saturday, but I have not checked out Lava Lounge so I can't give an opinion on that. If you want to check out Narcisse check it out on Friday. Also, for more places that might suit you I woudl check out www.metromix.com and go to Bar/Club section. Crobar is closed right now for renovations, and Soundbar is set to open up soon, not sure when. Let me know what you decide and I can possibly give you info on djs as well as guestlist. Take Care!

Thanks.

I am not really going for the musik(LOL) just for the vibe/layout/walls HEHEHE....

So, I will do Narcisse on Fridays then head over to an after hours club.

I will do Rive on Saturdays and also an afterhours club then...

I'm used to do either a pre-game before hitting the afterhorus Scene.... So Narcisse will be nice or LAVA LOUNGE then Please refer me to an after hours club on Fridays.... and RiVe on Sat then something else afterhours...!

Arc is nice here in new york on Friday until 10am on Saturdays with Danny Tenaglia.

SF is awesome here as well from 4am on sunday until 3pm on sundays...

So, I will def checkout this lounge LAVA LOUNGE on Saturday.

Thank you so much ppl.

GL are very much appreciated! (guest list) for all the names listed here... Lol.

Thank you.!

ps1: obviously u can do (anyth*ng) on chicaGo Lounges right?

Originally posted by jedimike

Thank you.!

But after looking @the pics on their website, I will at least have to check 'em out... LOL..

They look like suite 16 and Pangaea here in nyc... ! which we don't go for the musik, just for "industry networking" if u know what I mean.!

but THANK YOU SO MUCH!

i agree that you should definately stay away from white star...the best scenes in chicago right now to dance are at rednofive( the remodeling makes it 10X better), zentra, transit, and visions (only if a good dj comes..gets a little shady late in the night if not). Another place that has good music, a nice vibe, but little room to dance would be Sugar...which is a dessert-lounge downtown. Narcisse is only ok if you are in the VIP lounge from my experience...but i haven't been there for a few years now.

I'm also excited for Sound-bar to open, but i'm losing hope since it was supposed to open 3 months ago and haven't heard anything since. does anyone know what's going on with that?

Originally posted by mjpeter4

I'm also excited for Sound-bar to open, but i'm losing hope since it was supposed to open 3 months ago and haven't heard anything since. does anyone know what's going on with that?

Yep. I know for a fact they are set to open next month. I know some people working there, and djing there as well so that is what I am told.