Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ionic flatirons

nifer

i recently went to my hairsalon and my stylist sugessted i get an ionic flatiron (i currently use a ceramic one). i tried looking on the net for info, but couldnt really find any. has anyone even heard of this? i know what ionic hairdryers are, since i have one, but never heard of this before...

Originally posted by Mystify22

I am not sure about the ionic straighteners, but how is the hair dryer??? Do you see any difference from using one?

Oh and how is the ceramic straightener?

Sorry to answer your question with questions :hat:

:)

i like my ionic hairdryer. i cant see a huge difference, but it does look a little healthier and shinier as compared to when i used a regular hairdryer. my stylist said that it doesnt just dry out your hair like normal dryers do, but they actually put back moisture into your hair. how that works, i have no clue...

i also like my ceramic flatiron. thats the only one ive ever used, so i cant really say if its better than conventional ones. i just use mine so often im thinking it cant be too healthy for my hair to do this. ionic irons seem like a less damaging alternative

Originally posted by nifer

:)

i also like my ceramic flatiron. thats the only one ive ever used, so i cant really say if its better than conventional ones. i just use mine so often im thinking it cant be too healthy for my hair to do this. ionic irons seem like a less damaging alternative

The ceramic flatirons are the best. I have used a regular one before, and the ceramic one is 100x better. It doesnt burn my hair and it has looked much more healthier since I started using it. It was kind of expensive though. How much are the ionic ones?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the ionic flatirons, since i personally have never used one...but I DO know that the Bio-Ionic flat iron ain't cheap! (I work in a salon)

As for ceramic irons, I really don't care for them. My hair never lasts as long w/ a ceramic iron as it does w/ a regular metal iron. (my fav is the Kenta iron, but its sold to salon professionals and maybe thru their website)

BUT!!!! If you get an iron, no matter what kind...the BEVELED IRONS are best to get.

As for burning your hair while using a flat iron, no matter what iron you use on your hair you have the possibility of damaging it. Just make sure you use a serum/lotion/creme (before you blow dry) AND/OR spray on some hair spray or shine spray, etc (before you iron) to help protect your hair.

Whatever you do, don't iron your hair with nothing on it. You want some kind of protection..

Mishka