Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Busy Broward Weekend. PARTY ON!

guyman1966

(as posted on VIP)

The weekend started off Thursday night at the Diplomat. It was great seeing Redblur (VIP dude), DWI, Da Jew and HOG. As usual the crowd is interesting, but we had fun. We also had the chance to talk with the guys who are doing Loft 120 in Lauderdale. But, I already posted what we learned.

FRIDAY night was not supposed to be a big night out for us. We had a dinner and did not set up the LATE babysitter. After our dinner (The Grill Room @ Riverside Hotel, VERY NICE), we went to see what was up downtown. IT WAS PACKED! First, we hit Side Bar to help establish our buz. Then, Voodoo was hopping and MATRIX was insane. Matrix now has DJ Garfield once a month for his "high energy" parties on Friday nights. And guess what, it was the old, cool Garfield. He really had the place moving. It was nice to see Garfield back on top of his game. If he keeps this up, he might win back the people who left him. Anyway, like I said, we could not stay out late. When we left Matrix at 1:30, there was a huge line to get in. Matrix added some more modifications with curtains and a laser screen. It looks and sounds the best it ever has! And, it was a great party. NOT just a "great party for a Friday"... it was a great party for any night of the week.

SATURDAY night was nutz. We were heading back from the NHL events and my group (15 guys) decided that they wanted more. So, at 1:30A we walked into Voodoo. It was packed. NHL players (I even spotted a few Florida Marlins), upscale and fun. Voodoo really has a good thing going. I don't understand why or how, but they keep that place filled with shitty DJ's and it all works. I took a walk next door to check out Matrix's second Saturday HIP HOP night and was pleasantly surprised. The old Stereo had Hip Hop Saturday's and it was very... well... what you would expect at a hip hop club. But, Matrix was better. It was a Kool crowd, friendly and upbeat. It was a real good vibe. Shortly there after, Da Jew called me and I we went back to Voodoo and closed the place down. ((HEY JEW - it was great seeing you 2x in one weekend. How's that girls ass?))

This was a huge weekend in Lauderdale. BIG things are happening there and don't be surprised to learn about all the Miami big name DJ's that are interested in making some Broward roots. You Dade people need to check it out one night. ONE NIGHT VERY SOON.

Originally posted by laliux

last I heard she spins there on Thursdays; she is the blonde DJ.

why is the crowd weird?

She is not there on Thursdays. It is some Latin dude.

Weird because of the mix... music and people. Old men w/ hookers/ 45 year old housewifes trying to feel 25 again/ Reguarl folks... just weird.

Originally posted by guyman1966

She is not there on Thursdays. It is some Latin dude.

Weird because of the mix... music and people. Old men w/ hookers/ 45 year old housewifes trying to feel 25 again/ Reguarl folks... just weird.

that's the same crowd that hangs out at Mynt, Prive and Pearl. Maybe they go to Lauderdale on Thursdays, and then hang out at that Pompano place for afterhours. :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by laliux

that's the same crowd that hangs out at Mynt, Prive and Pearl. Maybe they go to Lauderdale on Thursdays, and then hang out at that Pompano place for afterhours. :laugh: :laugh:

You are right on target with everything except Pompano. That crowd looks like they just got out of Jail (Not the place that Jimmy T spins).

Originally posted by stogiey2k2

:laugh: :laugh: that's a scary description guyman.

It is no exaggeration. All that place is missing are orange jump suits.

The funny thing is... GA worked it last November (or December). I laughed my balls off when I heard about it....

Originally posted by dabannedjew

and about Lynn's ass it is feeling much better she wasn't as pissed as I thought she would be..............:D

Please let her know my offer stands... I'll kiss it to make it better!

Also, what is up with the Greek beauty? We might need to slap her ass a bit.