Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Psuedo - Sat the 22nd

This guy I recently met wants to start managing my DJ shit, and he booked me to play this party that's being done at Pseudo. I think it's called the Pseudo Lounge or something? I dunno, I've never been there. But for the first half of the party, there are gonna be two scene DJs from the goth/industrial clubs having a DJ battle which I really don't understand because they hardly even mix their shit. And then the rest of the night is up to me, and they said I could play whatever I want to keep the crowd going.

So with that in mind, this party is on a Saturday at this Pseudo place, and since they're leaving the music-stlye choices up to me, I was wondering what you guys would like to hear if you even decided on showing up for a party like this. It's only a one-time event, but I've played now under 8 different aliases and different styles, so I was wondering what kinda music you think people would appreciate dancing to more, since this is NYC, and people tend to be fairly picky about what kinda stuff they prefer to listen to from what I've noticed.

Ok, so here are most of the styles of beatz I could provide. Lemme know what genres would interest you the most...

Techno

Schranz-stlye techno

UK Hard House

NU-NRG/nrg-trance

Techno-Industrial

EBM

Latin House

Tribal House

Baltimore Breaks/Ghetto House

Hardstyle

Rotterdam/Hardcore

Full Blown Gabba/Hardcore

Chemical/Acid Breaks

Would any style listed keep a crowd going at this particular joint, or would a blend of some of these styles be better? Since I've never been to this place, I'm just trying to get some feedback before I go there to drop some beatz, and everyone is expecting to dance to some Jersey vocals or some other bullshit that I don't play.

So give me some input people. Thanks. ;)

Some of the people who work there would probably get really excited if you played hardcore/gabbacore....

Other than that, play to the crowd. Last time I played there at something like that (Boo after-party), I brought a mix of everything and just kept changing styles all night. Not saying that's necessarily the best thing to do, but it's something....