Clubplanet Nightlife Community

too much baggage...

dgmodel

FIVE SIGNS YOUR DATE HAS TO MUCH BAGGAGE:

Ever get the feeling after a breakup that your partner was putting out signals you chose to ignore early in the relationship? When Cupid strikes, it's difficult to spot telltale signs that your date has too much baggage — emotional issues and problems that often prevent a healthy relationship. If you think you've found a new match, watch for these five red flags in the first few dates:

Total disclosure. People who divulge all the sordid details of their past loves on the first or second date may lack healthy boundaries (plus have a knack for unhealthy relationships). If a guy tells you on the first date that he's estranged from his ex-wife and two children, run. Same with the date who talks obsessively about her last boyfriend and why they broke up. Way too much information too soon.

No friends. The person may have burned too many bridges or lost enough relationships to be scoreless in the friends department. Someone who has very few friends or even acquaintances is an emotional island, a loner who may not have the necessary skills to maintain a relationship. Query your dates about what they do on evenings and weekends, and listen for clues about their relationships.

Relationship central. The flip side of no friends can sometimes be a revolving door of too many relationships and lovers. Again, this can be a sign of unhealthy boundaries and sometimes is the indicator of an inability to maintain long-term relationships.

Conflicting stories. Little white lies have the capability to turn into bigger things later. This can be anything from dismissal of a question to a blatant lie about simple stuff. If you're interested in the date, casually ask a question and then ask it again weeks later to confirm you are dealing with a straight shooter. If events, issues and timelines don't add up, especially about important things such as relationships and jobs, you know there's information being concealed.

Lifestyle. This is a big one. Emotional dysfunction manifests itself in many ways, such as a chaotic lifestyle. Heavy-duty partying indicates your date may have trouble with alcohol or drugs. By considering lifestyle, you can get hints of other addictions like sex and work. Multiple marriages, frequently changing residences or financial instability are other red flags that warn "tread lightly."

the smurfette that you all have heard about is still around, but last saturday was just unpleasant :(

It's crazy, b/c she has told me in the last few weeks how she dated this guy in December when we were apart, but she told me she realized how much more she likes me after doing that.

Also, she's been using the "L" word, and really convincing me that her feelings are true.

But last saturday when we met up in the city, it was just cold. I don't know why, it seemed like she was a different person, even though THAT DAY we were talking on the phone regularly and nicely. She didn't want to hold hands, kiss or anything...

When we left, she didn't even kiss me goodbye, she just left :(

And this is the girl who i've been with on and off for 3 yrs now. It's not easy to call it quits after all that time.

Whenever things get good, they eventually get sour, not due to something i did or said, but due to her craziness.

:spin2: :worry2: :confused:

Originally posted by gmccookny

the smurfette that you all have heard about is still around, but last saturday was just unpleasant :(

It's crazy, b/c she has told me in the last few weeks how she dated this guy in December when we were apart, but she told me she realized how much more she likes me after doing that.

Also, she's been using the "L" word, and really convincing me that her feelings are true.

But last saturday when we met up in the city, it was just cold. I don't know why, it seemed like she was a different person, even though THAT DAY we were talking on the phone regularly and nicely. She didn't want to hold hands, kiss or anything...

When we left, she didn't even kiss me goodbye, she just left :(

And this is the girl who i've been with on and off for 3 yrs now. It's not easy to call it quits after all that time.

Whenever things get good, they eventually get sour, not due to something i did or said, but due to her craziness.

:spin2: :worry2: :confused:

:isok:

Originally posted by reenichole

:isok:

Thankx, Ree :)

It's just that when i saw DG write "baggage", i instantly thought of her :blank:

And that same night where she treated me like just another person, i met a girl, and we had fun. But i still think of smurfette in this special way for all that we've been thru.

She's told me the same recently, i just don't get how or why she acted this way on saturday :confused:

• 1 year later...
Thankx, Ree :)

It's just that when i saw DG write "baggage", i instantly thought of her :blank:

And that same night where she treated me like just another person, i met a girl, and we had fun. But i still think of smurfette in this special way for all that we've been thru.

She's told me the same recently, i just don't get how or why she acted this way on saturday :confused:

Papa smurf,

Gotta realize, sometimes girls (and even us dudes, but not as much so) act strange a certain night not because of the other person but because of other factors ... job, family, money .. even a boring. setting of the meetup can change the mood.

Dont think it was you. It might have be other things.

And always, always, never over think things.