Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NeWbie WmC- questions?

;) hey everyone im new to this board but also its my first time going to the WMC- i need some help...okie here we go....

u think its betta i get sum tickets before i go to florida online or just get them there?

what shud i bring more or less with me? cloths wise n anything?

how much $$ shud i bring?

whats the best hotels to chill at during day n stay out ...party wise -all n all?

:D thanx everyone for helping me out with these newbiew here...i want the WMC to blow away all my old spring break spots ..

( cancun, acapulco, puerto rico) i wanna come prepared...thanx people

<3 Jen

Bro0KlYN Ny

a.- bring as much cash as you can afford. (and a credit card)

b.- during the day you most likely be in a bikini/casual outfit. for night- bring 'going out clothes'. bring comfie shoes. something to sleep in, unless your roommates like seeing ya naked. a messenger bag (or other form of bigger bag to carry all your crap- suntan lotion, water, bottle of water, cell, etc. don;t forget your phone- its the only way to find your friends (and some awesome last minute parties.

c- so glad i brought a cd player/boom box thingie for the room. beach towel. all your shower crap. carton of smokes. master party list. camera. more money. YOUR ID.

d- get the party list. talk to your friends. make a list of parties you want to hit. but always keep your ears open for something cool. last year we ended up at a penthouse/roof party. that was sweet.:D

hey girl...sorry, i thought i sent it. anyhow, just giving you MY helpful hints from one girlie to another, based on MY experience. i lived in SoBE last season for modeling, but this year i'm away but it will be my third time attending ,girl! I decided to move to SoBe after attending the conference as a newbie in 2001 and believe it or not, none of my pals wanted to come, but luckily i had some girlfriend who lived there...but i digress...

first off, in my opinion and from my experience. i didn't spend any money. women rule in south beach, we can get away with alot. don't get a badge for the conference unless you're in the industry, and you really don't need to get advanced tickets for events because i have seen people from out of town with their pre paid tickets trying to get fabrizio 's attention at crobar night and that still didn't guarantee them shit.

have a partner in crime, i have the coolest friend on earth, my girlfriend from college, she down for going everywhere and staying up all day(we timed our sleep,if we did , from 7-10-when nothign was going on!) and stuff she didn't pass judgement on other people habits that she didn't partake in. so, it was cool. i didn't have a big group of people dragging around and having to keep in touch with and making sure got into the club. tell your friends that aren't staying with you to meet you at the venue t(if they get in). plus, with the two or three eof us gals, we got invited to more parties-events, going to space for free with peopel who had tables...we wren't too many people...anyhow...

r.s.v.p. for many of the events, so that you are guestlisted and that takes away cover, and then you also have a avriety of events to pick and choose from (www.masterpartylist.com) also print it out, for reference.

i always like to carry on any vacation at least $100, that's for cab/meals/drinks/cover/shopping/party favours....you may easily not even spend this!

essentials that i like to pack:

*pair of brasilian("hip huggers/lowriders") this is like the female uniform. and it's versatile, you can wear them with a biki at beahc party or at night with nice slides and a cute top.

*comfy but cute shoes(for the beach or nikki beach or space)

*a pair of killer slides

*bikini(s)

*tanks

*shorts

*mini skirt( all the rage this spring,always wear with heels if not tall)

*club tops

*the ever essential pair of black clubbing pants

* a cute/small clutch(purse) that youc an easily stick on your shoulder and under your arm

Be cordial. You never know how you may be next too.

You may meet people everywhere you turn, 2001 i shared a cab with some big deejays from NYC. last year, we ended up having lunch with some big wigs at bmg.

HAVE FUN!!! if you have any questions-pm me. k?! i hope i was of help!

damn gurl thanx alot!!! yea me n my partners in crime r heading 2gether alll our first time...4 hot brooklyn chicks ready to pArRRRTttY florida south beach style...if we do NYC every nite i think we'll be able to handle the shore...heheh where u staying maybe 8 gurls is betta then 4 ;) n maybe that 100$ a day will go down to hMM i dunno ...hehe <3

you've got mail, girlie.

we're staying at The South Beach Hotel on 22/Collins(by Mynt Ultralounge) a block from the ocean.

I remember it to be a pretty chic boutique hotel. Art Deco. It has no pool but has a restaurant and bar+. The rooms that are left are for triples or quads and are going for $165.00 plus 13% tax per night. Through Famitours!

I honestly think that is the best deal left,especially for location,quality and price. All the great fares in the heart of SoBe are already snatched up, and all that is left is mostly over priced or off SoBe. So, i'd contact sales@famitours.com and see what the availabilities for ANY of there properties be...

lemme know if you have any other questions...glad to help..

ciao

Originally posted by mannequin

you've got mail, girlie.

we're staying at The South Beach Hotel on 22/Collins(by Mynt Ultralounge) a block from the ocean.

I remember it to be a pretty chic boutique hotel. Art Deco. It has no pool but has a restaurant and bar+. The rooms that are left are for triples or quads and are going for $165.00 plus 13% tax per night. Through Famitours!

I honestly think that is the best deal left,especially for location,quality and price. All the great fares in the heart of SoBe are already snatched up, and all that is left is mostly over priced or off SoBe. So, i'd contact sales@famitours.com and see what the availabilities for ANY of there properties be...

lemme know if you have any other questions...glad to help..

ciao

Tooold u guys Famitours was good!;):D :D :D

P.S: Mannequin..good looking out on your tips/info;) :tongue:

Originally posted by mannequin

thanks sonny! and you were right about famitours!

we are you staying?

Damn Mannequin..U weren't kidding ab needing to put ur contacts on!;):tongue:

Yeah, I've gone through Famitours for all my travel stuff B4 and I am never dissapointed:) We're going to be staying at The Mercury (My fav!) this year & some friends of mine r going to the Royal Crowne Palm Plaza I believe. :grin2:

Hahaha-Sunny...man, i cannot wait to take my crazy ass back to SoBE. it's going to be really crazy that week because of Fashion week, the conference and catching up with my friends from when i lived there, my friends who come in town for fashion week and the conference... man , oh man, will i need to go to an all week spa in the desert or some shit like that after that week...

no prob detroit dancer...pm if you have any more questions...

ciao locas!