Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Debo

kaydup

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I didn't do shit Sat. either. I was running around doing a ton of shit I had to get done Sat. Then I got home and figured I would crash at about 2 and set the alarm for 5:30 to hit Tantra for Taner but the god damn AM, PM thing got me:mad:

Yeah, Debo got a big 'eh' from me on Friday too. Good in some parts, not so good in others. Liked the breaks at the end of the night, really disliked the Trance classics in the middle. Overall, pretty much what I had expected.

Still had a good time though. Got drunk, danced, ended the night with a nacho cook-off.

Went to Gloucester on Saturday, but didn't bump into ikkinay :(

Originally posted by kaydup

How was Glouster? I swear I must have fucking asked you 40 times on Friday what you were doing on Sat:laugh:

:laugh: I'd love to hear some of the conversations we had on Friday. :drunk:

Gloucester was Gloucester. Ate a huge meal which was awesome, drank a bunch of G&T's, then headed out to the 'Old Timers Taver' -- the name says it all. 24 oz. Budwisers, USA vs. USSR hockey, ping pong, and a DJ playing all of the top 40 hits you can muster.

Trainspots:

Jenny from da Block (I can't get enough of this song)

that 'and we gonna get it on toniiiiight' song

Ric Flair's entrance music (request)

hey guess who was there for debo........ME, it was dead i was in front the the bar most of the time getting frustrated by these shit head guys that thought they were god, i think my friend put them in their place. i was not in g-town on sat. for some reason i can't believe the old timers being fun on a saturday night, once again i was at avalon. it was fun but we left a little early, maybe this week though:idea:

Me and Flavanugz spent a good portion of the night glued to that front bar, downing drinks like they were going out of style. Chances are we saw you at some point in the night, chances are just as good that we had a half hour conversation that neither I, nor flavanugz remember it.

The Old Timers has to be the least fun bar on earth. Man I love that place.

And on an unrelated note, I had a ton of luck this weekend. First I scammed a free ride into town from my roomate, then I found a hundred bucks just laying on the floor at Avalon. What are the odds?!?

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Me and Flavanugz spent a good portion of the night glued to that front bar, downing drinks like they were going out of style. Chances are we saw you at some point in the night, chances are just as good that we had a half hour conversation that neither I, nor flavanugz remember it.

The Old Timers has to be the least fun bar on earth. Man I love that place.

And on an unrelated note, I had a ton of luck this weekend. First I scammed a free ride into town from my roomate, then I found a hundred bucks just laying on the floor at Avalon. What are the odds?!?

:laugh:

Originally posted by teamj5

I knew you were going to say you hated the trance part. That was straight up Sasha classics :mad:

I am going to bash your face in with a rusty lead pipe when i see you next :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey, don't blame me for having good taste in music and knowing enough to bury a fad when it's dead.

Dropping a 45 minute throwback to Northern Exposure in the middle of a set is not cool. Completely throws off the entire flow of the set and it makes if feel 'pre-programmed'.... like Debo knew he was going to do it before he even got to Avalon on Friday (which he obviously did). Eh, to each their own.

I'm still yet to hear a Debo set that I really, REALLY enjoy. Heard the first half of his Kiss100 and it sounds good though. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest.

Originally posted by teamj5

Toolbag, you always hated howells sets @ vinyl for the breaks now you liked the debo set with the breaks?

talk about a fad follower :laugh:

its been a long time coming fool :box: :box: :box: :box:

I knew you were going to say that. I still don't like when Howells drops breaks. I've never been able to get into his mini-breaks sets at Arc. I like when some DJs play breaks, others not so much. I'd rather here Howells play other stuff. Since Debo's set had all that garbage in it, the breaks must have sounded much better :tongue:

Speaking of Howells, you going to ARC at the end of the month? That's where I'll properly hand your ass to you.... and it's looking like Vic's due for a smackin' or two as well.