Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Adam F

sammyd1

ugh, Downtime? I can't imagine Dieselboy playing a small space like that, plus I heard that their projection screen on the back of the stage hasn't been working lately. Dieselboy rocked at Roxy for I Have A Dream. Why are they gonna try to stick him in a small joint like Downtime?

Originally posted by heretic909

ugh, Downtime? I can't imagine Dieselboy playing a small space like that, plus I heard that their projection screen on the back of the stage hasn't been working lately. Dieselboy rocked at Roxy for I Have A Dream. Why are they gonna try to stick him in a small joint like Downtime?

Downtine has apparently reinvented itself (thursdays nights atleast) as a rave-worthy venue. Three separate rooms = cheap yet viable club to host massives that often require as many rooms. Good thinking on the part of Downtime's owners, really.

I haven't been there in a few months, but I'm just having a hard time of picturing that kind of scenario. The sound system in all three rooms isn't all that great, especially in the back room on the top floor. And the dancefloors really aren't all that big. I'd be surprised if they could fit 800 people in all three rooms combined. I dunno, I'm kinda fuct up right now so I'm just kinda rambling, but maybe they can pull it off. Congrats to them if they can, even though I'm having a hard time of picturing the 2000 people that were dancing to Dieselboy at Roxy fitting into the biggest room at Downtime. I guess we'll see.

Originally posted by heretic909

I haven't been there in a few months, but I'm just having a hard time of picturing that kind of scenario. The sound system in all three rooms isn't all that great, especially in the back room on the top floor. And the dancefloors really aren't all that big. I'd be surprised if they could fit 800 people in all three rooms combined. I dunno, I'm kinda fuct up right now so I'm just kinda rambling, but maybe they can pull it off. Congrats to them if they can, even though I'm having a hard time of picturing the 2000 people that were dancing to Dieselboy at Roxy fitting into the biggest room at Downtime. I guess we'll see.

Considering that they couldn't pull that big of a crowd for a similar lineup at only the top floor at Shelter (which isn't THAT huge), it seriously might be that going smaller is better with the NYC DnB scene.

While there were a ton of people for Deiselboy at Roxy, there were mostly other genres there. I remember a lot of gigs up here when Dieselboy played for free and barely anyone showed up. Clubgoers here are fickle...they'll enjoy something different if it shows up, but they just go back to their old haunts even if they did enjoy it.