Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Everyone Read...

In the new URB mag, theres an advertisement about Judge Jules spinning at the Hollywood Palladium (never heard of it). This place is open from 9-2...I hope he spins longer than 2 hours at Giant...It's such BS, why doesn't Giant get them to spin the whole night?!?!?!?!? It makes me so aggravated... Twilo gets them to do it and it's open till 8am, and Giant can't get DJ's to spin 5 hours????? I need to meet Dave Dean cause it's BS... Damn I'm soooooo pissed.

------------------

"We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams...

We are the movers and shakers

Of the world forever, it seems"

Let's close our eyes and walk across the sky...

Music is My Life, It's the Jooooooooooooy I have insiiiiide!!!

Originally posted by BrooklynMaverick:

In the new URB mag, theres an advertisement about Judge Jules spinning at the Hollywood Palladium (never heard of it). This place is open from 9-2...I hope he spins longer than 2 hours at Giant...It's such BS, why doesn't Giant get them to spin the whole night?!?!?!?!? It makes me so aggravated... Twilo gets them to do it and it's open till 8am, and Giant can't get DJ's to spin 5 hours????? I need to meet Dave Dean cause it's BS... Damn I'm soooooo pissed.

It is not entirely up to Dave. Many DJ's prefer 2-3 hour sets. Also it is a matter of economics (as most things really are) The longer they play the more they get paid, so . . .

X

Plus, 5 hours of Judge Jules? cwm36.gif

I dunno about that... You think Twilo pays a lot more for them? I doubt it... I would hope to think that most DJ's would rather have a longer set... I know if I was famous, I'd rather spin at one place for 6 hours than 2-3 for 2 hours each... There is no way I would ever spin for less than 4 hours. I really don't see the point. If they don't love being a DJ, they are in the wrong profession...

------------------

Your not famous. So wait until you can get paid a lot to do it. The point Suspctx was making was that it costs Giant more to pay for all those hours rather then book two quality DJs for the same night. Also Judge Jules gets more money playing 2, 2hr sets then playing 1, 4 hour set. They do love being DJs and when you travel like some of them do you want to play the most places possible too.

As for Suspctx- we'll see about that. His set in San Fran last night got a some good reviews from a few friends of mine, and they don't even love hime that much.

cwm7.gif

------------------

Next.

i dunno how much djs get paid...but i love hearing longer sets. i loved digweed's set back in feb at the mayan - about 5 hours. digweed last week at twilo probably spun for 7 or 8 hours...absolutely amazing. but did those extra two hours or so make a difference. for me it did. i felt like it made my night complete. back in feb at the mayan...all i could think was...can we please get some more?

it all depends though. a super dj can bust out their skills in a short set or can take you through a journey with a long set. so...if a dj can spin a real good set in 2 hours or in 8 hours then they've done their job.

Originally posted by BrooklynMaverick:

I dunno about that... You think Twilo pays a lot more for them? I doubt it... I would hope to think that most DJ's would rather have a longer set... I know if I was famous, I'd rather spin at one place for 6 hours than 2-3 for 2 hours each... There is no way I would ever spin for less than 4 hours.

------------------

bmeye.gif

Hardcore said: They do love being DJs and when you travel like some of them do you want to play the most places possible too.

Why would you think that? Just curious... Why would that want to have to drag their vinyl around... I understand playing in different cities, but I really don't think they would rather go to a few places in one night... Just my opinion...

------------------

Romeo1733@aol.com (don't ask lol)

Archived