Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"By the year 2000"

incredulous

Do you remember when we used to watch movies and it would say year 2000 or so, and there was flying cars, robots, and other unreal stuff. we always thought that by now we would fold up our car and make it into a briefcase before work. We would come into our houses and say channel 6 and it would turn on, etc.

its 2003 and we aren't even close to anything like that :confused:

now even in futuristic movies they go to year 3025 or so.

do you think we will ever get to that level of technology???

Originally posted by ladyshady

i know!!

as 2000 was rapidly approaching i always hoped there would be this huge revolution in technology. and everything would be like the jetsons.

but no, i dont think it will ever happen. no shot. and if it does, we wont be around to see it :(

I was so excited for things to be like the Jetsons when i was a kid...what a dissappointment:(

Originally posted by incredulous

Do you remember when we used to watch movies and it would say year 2000 or so, and there was flying cars, robots, and other unreal stuff. we always thought that by now we would fold up our car and make it into a briefcase before work. We would come into our houses and say channel 6 and it would turn on, etc.

i dont think there will ever be flying cars or anything like that... that wed use for everyday commuting... just think about who would be in charge of air traffic? and how would you know where to land or where would theyput the signs and lanes??? and just think about fuel efficiency and costs!!! you think you eat gas now!? imagine how much youd waste on getting your 2.5 ton auto-plane off the ground... it just doesnt seem like a realistic vision... as for the robot ish... honda developed a robot a few years back, not sure if its on the market yet however if not it will be... i was wondered about this ish as well... however promises are only as good as the ppl who make them... and since the ppl who were telling us that there would be this kind of ish now are the same ppl who are telling us that they have a cure for cancer in 6months or found the cure for aids just waiting fda approval... blah etc...

That's so odd.. because when 2000 came around my dad was like: hey Cody, I was supposed to be having a reunion with a lot of my old friends on the moon.. cause when they were in highschool they figured that by 2000 we would be able to come and go to the moon as we please.. aww.. :)

Originally posted by incredulous

i hope so cause i would love to experience all that, maybe we will if we stop wasting time on useless things and really try to make the world a better place instead of trying to destroy it