Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Relationships on the "DL"

hunnie818

Why would bf/gf keep their relationship on the "dl" ?

i mean besides the obvious reasons like they are kicken it to other people and dont want anyone to know they have a signifigant other...

which is actually the case here... i mean neither of them realize it... but they are BOTH "talking" to other people.... and that is a FACT :D

but why would 2 people mutually agree to keep it on the "dl" not knowing any of that???

hmmmm.... makes ya wonder... :shaky:

just my thought of the day

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tastyt

No good... you don't gotta go flaunting your relationship in people's faces, but if you're with someone you shouldn't want to hide it...

thats my point... why wouldnt you want ANYONE to know your in a relationship.... seems twisted to me...

If i had a boyfriend i wouldnt announce it over a loud speaker but i sure wouldnt intentionally make sure no one found out... and for both parties to do that...seems very odd to me

it's cause thay are both scumbags...i know the truth on both sides and im just waiting for them to go public with their little "secret" to watch their spots blow up hardcore...

this is fun :D

Originally posted by tastyt

No good... you don't gotta go flaunting your relationship in people's faces, but if you're with someone you shouldn't want to hide it...

From my expiriences, some times people can be jealous and they will do everything in their power so that your miserable. :( I learned its better to keep things to yourself, cause people got evil eyes!

Originally posted by hunnie818

thats my point... why wouldnt you want ANYONE to know your in a relationship.... seems twisted to me...

If i had a boyfriend i wouldnt announce it over a loud speaker but i sure wouldnt intentionally make sure no one found out... and for both parties to do that...seems very odd to me

it's cause thay are both scumbags...i know the truth on both sides and im just waiting for them to go public with their little "secret" to watch their spots blow up hardcore...

this is fun :D

hmmm seems like you know something!!!!! :cool:

I dont understand why everybody has to be up in everybody elses business. "To each their own"... Just b/c the whole world doesnt know 2 people are together, doesnt mean they are keeping it on the DL. I dont see the need to shout your in a relationship from the rooftops. I'm sure the people that need to know about the relationship do, and the people that dont, dont. People like to keep things quiet in the beginning b/c there are always people out there who want to see other people miserable, and in the beginning they will do anything to make sure that happens...after some time passes, usually the jealous people calm down...so its better to wait than to make a public announcement, IMO.

Why would bf/gf keep their relationship on the "dl" ?

i mean besides the obvious reasons like they are kicken it to other people and dont want anyone to know they have a signifigant other...

which is actually the case here... i mean neither of them realize it... but they are BOTH "talking" to other people.... and that is a FACT :D

but why would 2 people mutually agree to keep it on the "dl" not knowing any of that???

hmmmm.... makes ya wonder... :shaky:

just my thought of the day

This is a interesting topic because I am in a similar situation and the reason I kept things secret was because I did not want to purposely hurt other people that I was recently involved with.

But it seems when u try to do the rite thing there will always be people that perceive you as doing the wrong thing. Another reason people like myself try to keep a relationship a secret is because they legitamatly care about the person they are presently with and do not want any drama from messageboards. I personally just want to be left alone nothing more. As far as the people you speak of hooking up with other people. I sure as hell no that I am not and if the person I am seeing is then I guess I got screwed again, ill just have to wait and see. Please compare my situation to the one you are speaking of and consider to possibly re-evaluate your assumptions.

Originally posted by psychosweetie

People like to keep things quiet in the beginning b/c there are always people out there who want to see other people miserable, and in the beginning they will do anything to make sure that happens...

Who are they??? I'll make them pay for trying to hide this from me :punch: They're gonna wish they were never born!

i was seeing someone for nearly six months...and we never went like public with anything. We would go out and what not...and those who figured it out, just figured it out. Of course close friends of our knew, and that was enuf.

We weren't seeing other people, and we weren't ashamed of our relationship. Sometimes when you're in a specific scene, people tend to get around, and people tend to talk. Both of us had had relations with people the other knew about, and we just didn't want to be consumed with so much drama and bullshit.

Originally posted by notallthere

This is a interesting topic because I am in a similar situation and the reason I kept things secret was because I did not want to purposely hurt other people that I was recently involved with.

But it seems when u try to do the rite thing there will always be people that perceive you as doing the wrong thing. Another reason people like myself try to keep a relationship a secret is because they legitamatly care about the person they are presently with and do not want any drama from messageboards. I personally just want to be left alone nothing more. As far as the people you speak of hooking up with other people. I sure as hell no that I am not and if the person I am seeing is then I guess I got screwed again, ill just have to wait and see. Please compare my situation to the one you are speaking of and consider to possibly re-evaluate your assumptions.

how completely egotistical to think i would even think of you-- period... let alone make a post dancing around such a specific issue...

just for the record.. this is not pertaining to you... and dont try to "spare" my feelings cause in order for you to hurt me i would have to actually care and i dont....

are you forgetting it was me who called things off?? i knew your little "secret" since early last week... i wish the 2 of you the best of luck...

believe me when i say from the bottom of my heart.. the 2 of you TRULY deserve each other.....your perfect for each other :D

now dont either of you ever feel strange acting all lovey-dovey in front of me or anything....cause like i said in another post... i dont get jealous... i simply get "better"

now any issues i have w/ you anthony are entirely seperate from any of this... basically.. your completely typical and fake...but those are your issues to deal with, not mine..

i will say your actions will have reprecrussions w/ other board members that have nothing to do w/ me.... but i agree with them... nuff said

so both of you have a nice day! :)

Hopefully you'll both be @ euro tonight ......should be a fun-filled interesting evening dont ya think?

Originally posted by marcid21

Both of us had had relations with people the other knew about, and we just didn't want to be consumed with so much drama and bullshit.

Very well said...I agree completely. Sometimes you just want to step away from drama and live your life. But people love to cause trouble because of jealousy and insecurities in their own lives. As they say misery loves company and people thrive on others unhappiness when they have not found happiness themselves. I firmly believe in karma and whatever you put out comes back, and if you wish others misery, all it will do is come to you. Unfortuantely, people are often selfish and can not just accept that two people may have found something good, and just didn't want to shove it in everyone's faces for a multitude of reasons. What's meant to be is meant to be, and if peoples feelings are strong and true such obstacles will be overcomed and over time will be just a mere memory....

how completely egotistical to think i would even think of you-- period... let alone make a post dancing around such a specific issue...

just for the record.. this is not pertaining to you... and dont try to "spare" my feelings cause in order for you to hurt me i would have to actually care and i dont....

are you forgetting it was me who called things off?? i knew your little "secret" since early last week... i wish the 2 of you the best of luck...

believe me when i say from the bottom of my heart.. the 2 of you TRULY deserve each other.....your perfect for each other :D

now dont either of you ever feel strange acting all lovey-dovey in front of me or anything....cause like i said in another post... i dont get jealous... i simply get "better"

now any issues i have w/ you anthony are entirely seperate from any of this... basically.. your completely typical and fake...but those are your issues to deal with, not mine..

i will say your actions will have reprecrussions w/ other board members that have nothing to do w/ me.... but i agree with them... nuff said

so both of you have a nice day! :)

Hopefully you'll both be @ euro tonight ......should be a fun-filled interesting evening dont ya think?

Repercussions? This is the only thing I am confused about?

Why would they? She is single so am I. We like each other why can’t we see each other?

I don’t really know what to say...I’m glad to know that I never hurt your feelings in anyway because it never was my intentions to do so. Furthermore I am quite embarrassed to have assumed that you ever did care for me enough to be hurt by me.

My bad.

I am honestly glad to know that you don’t have a problem with things being as they are. This actually turned out better then I thought. Like I said I just want to be left alone that’s all.

But anyway enough of this drama bullshit..

Yeah I think euro will be good tonight I hope Carl promoted the shit out of it :) Only thing that sucks is that there’s a dress code but ill deal with it.. Well see though maybe this will be the new hot spot for Thursdays!

Originally posted by notallthere

Repercussions? This is the only thing I am confused about?

Why would they? She is single so am I. We like each other why can’t we see each other?

I don’t really know what to say...I’m glad to know that I never hurt your feelings in anyway because it never was my intentions to do so. Furthermore I am quite embarrassed to have assumed that you ever did care for me enough to be hurt by me.

My bad.

I am honestly glad to know that you don’t have a problem with things being as they are. This actually turned out better then I thought. Like I said I just want to be left alone that’s all.

But anyway enough of this drama bullshit..

Yeah I think euro will be good tonight I hope Carl promoted the shit out of it :) Only thing that sucks is that there’s a dress code but ill deal with it.. Well see though maybe this will be the new hot spot for Thursdays!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: