Clubplanet Nightlife Community

strange vibes in Ft. lauderdale....

meng

Originally posted by CHRles

Saleen and ogmiami both brought up good points with the whole big dj wages issue, and admission prices at the door.

Still, why is it a lot of clubs in cities like Washington, Boston, and even some in San Francisco can charge $10-15 at the door for a good DJ and Ft. Lauderdale can't? Is it b/c of the proximity to South Beach?

Aside from Miami, $25-30 cover charges are usually only seen in NY, L.A., and Chicago, or am I wrong here?

Aside from Karma, pretty much all of Ft. Lauderdale is a Cheese Crowd. They only like what they hear on the radio, Party93.1 for the cheesy trance or Power 96 for the Hip Hop. I really dont think most of the crowd in Ft. Lauderdale is educated enough on Dance Music Culture, so there for they wont be able to justify spending $20, $30 bucks on a "DJ"

Lauderdale will never be SoBe/Miami when it comes to good music on a CONSISTENT basis, however, if occassionally a party is thrown (ala S&G party w/ Oscar G), then I'm happy....

I think it's fun to bar hop and drink in the streets.. it's fun to people watch and bullshit w/ your friends.. yep, the music blows in most places, but if just once a month, a quality dj spins a venue in downtown Laudy, it'll save all the Broward/Palm Beach people that drive to SoBe/Miami for quality music (and low low cover too!)....

my $.02:D

Lola;)

Originally posted by funketeer

It's silly to get all picky and snub about partying...if you have a good time, then it works...some have fun in Ft Lauderdale and some don't...no big deal...the crazy idea is to think that Laudy will ever be a "scene" is just "obscene"

:D

We all have different tastes in music, and we all go out for different reasons.....So to each their own.... party it up and have fun, that's what matters.......

Lauderale will probably never be a town known for the music, but at least it's lots of fun for some of us to hang out and enjoy cheap drinks;)

:tongue:

Originally posted by lolahotass

We all have different tastes in music, and we all go out for different reasons.....So to each their own.... party it up and have fun, that's what matters.......

Lauderale will probably never be a town known for the music, but at least it's lots of fun for some of us to hang out and enjoy cheap drinks;)

:tongue:

I think we are in the same wave here...that's my point...if you are having fun, there's not a whole lot more to it...true, true...

peace

Funk:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest saleen351
Originally posted by karmalounge

KARMA lounge resident DJ spins House every night . . .

The 'typical' Ft. Lauderdale crowd is not at KARMA . . .

Save yourself a trip to Miami and have a look/listen . . .

http://www.karmafl.com

I didn't know you guys own Il Mulino.... my roomate the hog loves that place... I gotta check it out one day.....

1ST. NOT EVERYONE LIKES DANCE MUSIC. I LIKE ALL KINDS OF MUSIC (SINCE I WASNT BORN IN THIS COUNTRY) AND I DONT THINK THERE IS A DJ WORTH SPENDING A $20 COVER ON.

EVEN DJ CLUE, DIGWEED, OAKENFOLD, AND FUNK-FLEX WOUDN'T NEVER GET MORE THAN $10 OUT OF ME.

I PREFER FT. LAUDERDALE BECAUSE THE FOLKS OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO ACT AND THEY ARE MORE EDUCATED. YOU CAN ACTUALLY HAVE AN INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION WITH FOLKS AND THEY DONT PRETEND LIKE THEY HAVE MONEY BY BUYING BOTTLES TO SHOW IT.

THE REASON WHY THE COVER AT SOBE IS SO MUCH IS BECAUSE IT IS A TOURIST DESTINATION. MOST PEOPLE THINK THAT THE COVER IS HIGH BECAUSE ITS AN ELITE SPOT (NOT!!!!!)

WITH THIS BAD ECONOMY, WHO IS GOING TO PAY A $20 COVER (JUST BECAUSE A DJ IS THERE), SPEND $10 FOR A VODKA TONIC AND PAY $10 FOR PARKING? WHILE FT LIQUORDALE HAS BARS THAT OFFER 3-4-1 DRINKS ALL NITE LONG (MAX'S GRILLE RIVERFRONT) AND CHEAP COVER LIKE 5-10 BUCKS.

DANCE AND TRANCE MUSIC IS ON THE DECLINE AT THIS POINT AND IT SEEMS THAT HIP-HOP IS BECOMING MAINSTREAM.

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS: THE # 1 REASON PEOPLE GO OUT IS TO MINGLE NOT TO SPEND REDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY ON STUPID THINGS LIKE DJS

SOMEONE SAID IT RIGHT:

It's silly to get all picky and snub about partying...if you have a good time, then it works...some have fun in Ft Lauderdale and some don't...no big deal...the crazy idea is to think that Laudy will ever be a "scene" is just "obscene"

hey mrman....the only thing your post affirms is your disinterest in the club scene..

A club is not for mingling, is for dancing your ass off....if you want to mingle dont go to clubs, go to a tea party with my grandmother...

Peace out

Originally posted by karmalounge

KARMA lounge resident DJ spins House every night . . .

The 'typical' Ft. Lauderdale crowd is not at KARMA . . .

Save yourself a trip to Miami and have a look/listen . . .

http://www.karmafl.com

FYI - I'm the Guy(man) who started pushing your spot here on CP and another board. It is a fantastic alternative in Lauderdale and I love it. But, it is not an ultimate destination. It is a place to meet before you hit the clubs or a nice spot to hear tunes after dinner. It is just 2 small to B anything else.

Originally posted by corinto

hey mrman....the only thing your post affirms is your disinterest in the club scene..

A club is not for mingling, is for dancing your ass off....if you want to mingle dont go to clubs, go to a tea party with my grandmother...

:rolleyes: corintio,i agree with you about mrman22,the dude needs to get aclue.

peace!

Im not the type of person who feels he must prove himself in this message board. I have been partying for 7 years straight and have conquered New Orleans, NY, Las vegas, LA, Orlando, Tampa, and of course SOFLA where I reside. Im right up here with the best of them in my opinion.

People go out to socialize and if they didnt then they would dance and drink at home (think about that JEFFY).

I used to work in clubs from Blue on SOBE, Allstar Cafe, and a brief stint a Burmuda Bar before i woke up and went back to college.

I always used to wonder why people would spend a total of 2 - 300 bucks total a nite in order to have a good time. The point I am trying to make is that you dont have to spend lots of $$ to have a good time. Save your money cause the economy is gonna get worse and those SOBE chicks are all about the $$$!!!!

Originally posted by mrman22

Im not the type of person who feels he must prove himself in this message board. I have been partying for 7 years straight and have conquered New Orleans, NY, Las vegas, LA, Orlando, Tampa, and of course SOFLA where I reside. Im right up here with the best of them in my opinion.

People go out to socialize and if they didnt then they would dance and drink at home (think about that JEFFY).

I used to work in clubs from Blue on SOBE, Allstar Cafe, and a brief stint a Burmuda Bar before i woke up and went back to college.

I always used to wonder why people would spend a total of 2 - 300 bucks total a nite in order to have a good time. The point I am trying to make is that you dont have to spend lots of $$ to have a good time. Save your money cause the economy is gonna get worse and those SOBE chicks are all about the $$$!!!!

I believe this thread was about Lauderdale and its strange vibe not about the idiots who spend $300 on a bottle. :rolleyes:

your point is blank; that's what it is.