Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question About Crobar's Future

milano

Last night Crobar celebrated their 3rd year with us in South Beach.

For the most part of those three years, Crobar was the club in South Beach. From excellent guest DJs in a constant basis, to the neatest productions and great sound system, Crobar used to be more than just a destination for "clueless tourists" like some on this board have labeled them.

In terms of location, Crobar has the prime spot on the beach. In terms of sound, probably still one of the best two (Maze's is incredible, but you need a DJ to work it).

Last night Crobar reminded me why clubbing in Sobe had most of the world coming down here for many years. Neatest production, incredible laser show, characters in customs, staff smiling and energetic, and Dave Ralph just inspired by such an atmosphere. BTW, great beautiful crowd, in the main room. Like it used to be.

What should Crobar do to bring us back to those days of true house music? Is it the musical formatt, is it the need to reinvent a bit their set up, is it to get rid of one or two of their resident DJs, or put $$$ back into locking their Balance talent.

IMHO Crobar has it in their hands to turn their fate back into track. Last night, and Nick Warren's nite are only an example. Perhaps WMC will remind them that it is music what brings people into a club.

Add your thoughts. Crobar can still do it.:tongue:

At one point, I have to admit having been one of Crobar's biggest detractors...I guess I got disappointed after a couple of bad nights, it happens...with that said, I started hitting the underground parties and got a taste for those right away...PMS, Aquabooty and more along that line...I was basicly convinced to go to Crobar a couple of months ago and I have to say I fell in love with the place all over again...Crobar still has it...great location and when a good dj is at the decks...a great party overall...I would say Crobar still has "it" and I'm sure we'll see more anniversaries come and go...my dos centavos.

peace

Funk :cool:

I personally dig Crobar, always have.... I guess it's cuz I don't go there all the time, I can appreciate it when a quality DJ tears the place up. I have taken all my friends that visit to Cro and they all absolutely loved it.... I will be the first to admit though, that I think Crobar knows it can rely on it's "name" and bring in the "tourist" no matter who is spinning.. But I think they also know that if they want to remain a "world-known" force in the nightclub industry in SoBe, then they need to bring in the high-class talent that put them on the map.

Crobar still has one of the nicest bar staffs (in my oipinion - with exception to Frabrizo - he can be a dick at times), but overall, there's usually hot chicks and guys there, good music, and a decent atmosphere. I have seen the dancefloor when it's just packed with people going banana's (myself included) - Victor Calderone, Dave Ralph, Nick Warren, Timo Maas...

So I just hope they bring in some more talent to keep it new..

Lola:D

I would hate to see Crobar go.

It is probably the best nightclub around when you factor in all the elements.

It is nice decor, still has a better crowd than other clubs (like level space) thier Dj bookings have slid a little but thats not thier main focal point as much as it is to Space.

they added long time great promoter Tony Guerra (from bash, the forge and Opium) he knows the good Miami crowd and i hope they stick around for a while. Miami needs them.

its till pretty funky and more edgy than others

CROBAR dont go! give us more and the NYC venue might help the overall "Crobar corporation"

I used to go to Crobar in Chicago & the caged dancers there were incredible. Crobar in Miami is great--I think their future is BRIGHT--and I can't wait for Crobar NYC. It definitely attracts tourists esp. around spring break, but I don't think that's necessarily a problem. People from all over dancing together is great, as long as everyone knows that just because YOU are on vacation & want to get wrecked & f*ck doesn't mean EVERYONE is there to act just as stupid...But I digress...Crobar is the best.

xo,

Gracie

What to say about crobar? Well croba is just a classy place, that makes u feel wanted...u know... Thet treat u like u belong....also

its just the right size its not to big but then again its not to small.

Crobar usually has great decor in the club, and when it comes to v.i.p theres none better. We will see the future looks pretty good for crobar...theyve got robbie this week...there going to switch it on a bit this week with local d.j. extrodinaire Edgar V...so things look great...i hope to see all of u this friday as we continue to havr GOOD TIMES at crobar!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

But who packs the main dancefloor til 5 am like they used to? A club without a good dancefloor if worth nothing IMO.

To fill that dancefloor with people, not stages, you need class DJs, both residents and guests. Exclusivity is a must for this.

That's why I respect Space so much. Their resident DJs are Space's, period. Get Cedric into the VIP on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Leave the VIP Cedricfree on weekends and hire a good DJ for the mainfloor on Fridays and Saturdays.

And after Crobar NYC opens, get guest DJs in a regular basis once again. :idea::cool:

Originally posted by milano

But who packs the main dancefloor til 5 am like they used to? A club without a good dancefloor if worth nothing IMO.

To fill that dancefloor with people, not stages, you need class DJs, both residents and guests. Exclusivity is a must for this.

That's why I respect Space so much. Their resident DJs are Space's, period. Get Cedric into the VIP on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Leave the VIP Cedricfree on weekends and hire a good DJ for the mainfloor on Fridays and Saturdays.

And after Crobar NYC opens, get guest DJs in a regular basis once again. :idea::cool:

I think March will get them back in the right track. Just see Back Door Bambi tonite and next week.

But it's true. Without investing in talent for the main floor they will have a tough time filling it like they used to do.;)

I went to Crobar last night for Bambi. Lil Louie Vega was spinning. The place was full of energy. Sure it was just upstairs, but when you can maintain that vibe on a monday...you got something good going on. The place is a real club with real operaters and a real sound system. Not too bad.

Originally posted by ogmiami

I went to Crobar last night for Bambi. Lil Louie Vega was spinning. The place was full of energy. Sure it was just upstairs, but when you can maintain that vibe on a monday...you got something good going on. The place is a real club with real operaters and a real sound system. Not too bad.

Carmel knows what he's doing. Next Monday he will treat us with Eric Morillo and Josh Wink. What a party, at a real club, with a great vibe, dancers, and obviously many of the eye candy grrrrsl that swing down once Tantra closes.:eek: