Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question to you cpers

absolutv

Hell yes I admit it I wear plugs. I do not go to an audiologist and buy 80$ plugs but I have three pairs of hearos(sp?) one at 15 dB and two at 27dB. Have a good frequency response keeps all the highs in and muffles the lows too as well, much better then the 1k ring in the morning.

DBH

:hat2:

I don't wear ear-plugs...maybe I should, but I feel I loose my balance when I use them...I rather go natural and pay later in live...I'll just go def...I'm sure I'm already going to be blind...I'm losing sensitivity on my right hand and my sense of smell isn't all that great either.

Originally posted by funketeer

I don't wear ear-plugs...maybe I should, but I feel I loose my balance when I use them...I rather go natural and pay later in live...I'll just go def...I'm sure I'm already going to be blind...I'm losing sensitivity on my right hand and my sense of smell isn't all that great either.

sounds like ya got some issues there funk :D

btw, to answer the question .. sometimes I do, but sometimes I dont.. and lately, I havent .. which makes me think I should, instead of not doing so..

Originally posted by digital7

sounds like ya got some issues there funk :D

btw, to answer the question .. sometimes I do, but sometimes I dont.. and lately, I havent .. which makes me think I should, instead of not doing so..

I know man! :D

I just realized my hair is falling off and my skin is dry...I don't know what to do...Nivea cream?

Originally posted by detbasshead

Hell yes I admit it I wear plugs. I do not go to an audiologist and buy 80$ plugs but I have three pairs of hearos(sp?) one at 15 dB and two at 27dB. Have a good frequency response keeps all the highs in and muffles the lows too as well, much better then the 1k ring in the morning.

DBH

there actually 150 dollars w/ ER 25

& probably going to get them this week..

musearplugstyles2.jpg

ive gone thru the diff. hearos - foam , ER 20plugs &

also ER 6.0 ( better than nothing at all)

2yrs ago i had to go see an audiologist after WMC ,

i seriously thought my hearing was permanently damaged ( i have lost a little though)'

150 really isnt much considering hearing aids cost in the thousands...anyhow was curious how many were really conscious of this

i wear them every weekend especially @ space....

ear plugs are good in the sense it obviously lowers the sound a whole lot.... & also allows you to withstand the pounding bass some songs or beats throw at you...

my opinion its worth it & the good thing about them.... u can still have a conversation with someone inside the club....

also i like to hear the music none the less to feel it as well...

next time cover your ears in front of the speaker & feel the bass..... & imagine how much abuse your eardrums are suffering from the pounding music... & then try them next time & see that you will not leave any club with your ears ringing for the next day or 2...

anyways my 2 cents worth..

L8R...

Getting serious! :D

I find ear-plugs kinda uncomfortable...I kmnow they help a lot if you are constantly exposed to noise...man, people go deaf...like roadies and people who work at clubs every night...sure you'll go deaf...I don't think I need them...I mean I still hear, I just never listen.

Dude WTF losing you hearing is not fun and that ringing can get annoying. Yes shitty ear plugs do make it sound worse hence buying the decent ones which act like pads or attenuators. I'd rather wear them so I can still hear well into my forties. Additionally I was involved with an chemisrty lab explosion and had the ringing in my ears for a month was not fun. Additionaly everyone's threshold of hearing is different, yours may be higher and could be less effected by loud sounds were others maybe lower and ae thus more sensitive to loud music in clubs.

DBH

Originally posted by beatfriek

This might sound kinda silly, but dont earplugs take away almost all the fun???:confused::rolleyes:

Good question... I've been listening to loud music and attending rock concerts since I was a 'lil runt! And I've been listening to dance music in clubs since I was a 13 year old kid(my dad owned a bar/club). Now I've been dj'ing :dj: for a few years but still haven't had problems with ringing or anything of the sort... I'm just worried it happens without warning and I am actually losing my hearing as we speak...

What??? :confused: Can you repeat the question?

Now that I think about it my girlfriend says I never hear a word she says... :direct:

Originally posted by detbasshead

Dude WTF losing you hearing is not fun and that ringing can get annoying. Yes shitty ear plugs do make it sound worse hence buying the decent ones which act like pads or attenuators. I'd rather wear them so I can still hear well into my forties. Additionally I was involved with an chemisrty lab explosion and had the ringing in my ears for a month was not fun. Additionaly everyone's threshold of hearing is different, yours may be higher and could be less effected by loud sounds were others maybe lower and ae thus more sensitive to loud music in clubs.

DBH

true, true...whatever you have to do to protect your health is never a joke...do you have a special brand you'd like to suggest...the ones I've tried are kind of uncomfortable, really...but who knows? Maybe, if I find ear-plugs that are farely comfortable...I'd wear them all day to avoid hearing the stupid shit that I sometimes have to deal with day in and day out...food for thought.

peace

Funk:cool:

I usually don't wear earplugs even though I should. If you get home after a night of loud music and your ears ring, that means they've been damaged.

I actually should start using them considering all the damage I've done to them. Since 1989 I've either been in marching drumlines or rock bands.....and most recently either attending clubs or concerts and spinning records.......never used earplugs.....