Clubplanet Nightlife Community

performance tires

somebitch

i know nothing... i have a 2001 acura integra. i have stock tires, they are michelins i think. if i get a different size do i need to get new rims too? if so, i dont think i can afford that. i dont know anything, i dont know how i will get tires and not get ripped off if i just walk into a place knowing nothing lol. i want performance because i love to drive and i am a pretty crazy driver.

Originally posted by somebitch

i know nothing... i have a 2001 acura integra. i have stock tires, they are michelins i think. if i get a different size do i need to get new rims too? if so, i dont think i can afford that. i dont know anything, i dont know how i will get tires and not get ripped off if i just walk into a place knowing nothing lol. i want performance because i love to drive and i am a pretty crazy driver.

You should really think about upgrading to 17" wheels and tires. Sounds like you would benfit most from that, or 16" wheels. I think the Tegs got 15" wheels stock, so if you dont want to spend the loot on a new wheel and tire package, just get some nice tires. I recommend Toyos. Not the FZ4 tho, the T1-S. Dont let some shop guy talk you into Nittos or Yok's....they burn too quick.

Check this link...should help you out. http://www.tirerack.com

Originally posted by bmw4jay

You should really think about upgrading to 17" wheels and tires. Sounds like you would benfit most from that, or 16" wheels. I think the Tegs got 15" wheels stock, so if you dont want to spend the loot on a new wheel and tire package, just get some nice tires. I recommend Toyos. Not the FZ4 tho, the T1-S. Dont let some shop guy talk you into Nittos or Yok's....they burn too quick.

Check this link...should help you out. http://www.tirerack.com

good info. thanx a lot. :D

yup. I concur - stay away from nittos. They tend to have a weak structure that's susceptible to blowouts with potholes.

tirerack has the tire selector that takes into account the conditions you'll drive through. use it :) remember, if you get high performance tires, you may sacrifice winter traction in bad weather. also DEFINITELY check out the ratings/reviews of the tires.

;) if you can afford it, go grab a nice set of wheels and sticky summer tires. Keep your stock wheels around for the winter, in case you want to throw snow tires on em.

first off FUCK toyos... dont get toyos or nittos.

if you want a good all season tire then get yoks... want good performance tiers, get yoks... mich is very good too....

dont get 17... waste of money.

why do you want something so bling and spend extra money on tires cuz you will have get thinner tires. and on top of that. most girls dont know how to dodge potholes. if i was you, and need some kinda tires to get from point A to point B, invest in some good yoks on stock rims.

if you want to get new rims. get cheapo replicas and they wont cost too much. i would recommend.

rota slipstreams replicas of spoon sw... 12 pounds

i-1.JPG

rota circuit 8 replicas of mugen... 18 pounds

i-1.JPG

yeah, i highly recommend rota's... i have the subzeros ( 17x7.5 @ 16lbs) got em for $500 shipped off ebay for all 4... (replicas of the RacingHart CP-035's)

and i wrapped em in yokohama avs-sport 225/45/Z17... no complaints whatsoever... ($130/each from tirerack.com)

ugggggh... now im upset because i cant get what i want.. im gonna have to have the doodie stock 'wheels' and just get nice tires. i cant spend 500 on wheels and another 5 on tires. my cars a lease, that would be pointless.. lol. i never knew u needed both till now.

:frust::kill9:

Originally posted by somebitch

ugggggh... now im upset because i cant get what i want.. im gonna have to have the doodie stock 'wheels' and just get nice tires. i cant spend 500 on wheels and another 5 on tires. my cars a lease, that would be pointless.. lol. i never knew u needed both till now.

:frust::kill9:

somebitch... get rid of that car you have... what you got? rs? ls? gsr? type-r?

You need some nice white wall tires, oh and some gold wire rims w/ spinners too. Nothing says "bling, bling" like a nice set of ghetto fab wheels & tires like those. Might I suggested getting some hydraulics installed as well so you can hit the 3-wheeled motion up and down the block.

You will be the envy of everyone you drive past in no time.

attachment.php?postid=1333665

i dont know what i will get next... my friend works at acura so ill probably get another acura but a faster one. i only got this car because i was just out of college and my parents wouldnt help me out at all, my friend got this one for me with zero down and pretty low monthly payments.

what kinda sport tires do i get??? :D

screw those. they're too long-wearing.

seeing as you're only going to have the car a year and you'll probably be transferring to something else (if you get an RSX-Type S i will kiss you), i'd recommend buying the cheapest performance tires that are decent.

Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's. cheap, sticky and very durable over NYC roads. then when the lease is up you can REALLY look at mods for the next car ;)