Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cell phone

rockyblue

DUNNO about actual phones. i would just say go and get the cheapest one that would cover your needs. runner has one with a camera and shit, but if u dont need it, then why get it?

as for service i have sprint. some people bitch about sprint but i hev never had a prblem with them. used to have MCI and had lots of problems with them.

I use to have Sprint and I hated them (I know Ruth hates them too). My calls would get dropped all the time. Philadelphia, which I would consider a big city was NOT covered. WTF? No service there. I'd go downstairs in the Borders on 18th & L... NO SERVICE! I finally gave up on Sprint and went looking in to all the other services.

I narrowed it down to Verizon & AT&T... both had good plans that covered my needs. I could have gone with either service but I choose AT&T because the phone I wanted worked with their service (nokias don't work w/ verizon). Anyhow, I haven't had any problems with them :aright:

thanks for the info. i'm not really sure if i'm going to get one yet or not. i think i'm just freaking out because i sat through a secutiry meeting this morning and all we talked about was terrorist atttacks and evacuations. i guess it dawned on me that it's silly of me not to have one considering where i live and work and the current political situation. not that a cell will save me if dc gets nuked...

Amazon.com has amazing rebate offers on cell phones. You should check them out! They have deals with AT&T Wireless, Nextel, Sprint, TracFone, and T-Mobile -- you can get some of the best phones for free or very very cheap.

Examples:

Camera-ready, color-screen Sony Ericsson T68i from T-Mobile:

Free

Color-screen Motorola T720i with included camera attachment from T-Mobile: Free

Color-screen Samsung S105 flip phone from T-Mobile: $29.99

Compact flip design Motorola i90c with two-way radio from Nextel: $19.99

I also read a Consumer Reports story on cell service and they say that Verizon is the best followed by AT&T and T-Mobile. They put Sprint as last.

clickey for the Amazon deals.

:D

Originally posted by cookiegirl

Do you have a link for that raver? I have been thinking of switching to T_Mobile but have been getting different opinions on how good they are. . . :confused:

Unfortunately, I don't. It was a newspaper clipping they had when I went to the Verizon store downtown to get my new phone.

I did read that SPrint and T-mobile were the worst providers in the nation. I can try look around at home to see if I still have that clipping.

Just switch to Verizon...$39.99/month - 400 (or 500, not sure) minutes peak-time and free weekends and nights.

Get the smallest one you can afford. If you get one that doesn't fit in your pocket nicely, you'll be tempted to take it out everytime you sit down. And then you're just asking to leave it behind one day.

The freebies generally are poorer quality than the premium phones. You'll get better reception with a better phone, no matter what service you use.

Motorola makes the sturdiest phones, hands down.

I've had Sprint for 6 years and never had too much frustration. I get dropped calls here and there, but I've travelled with it all over the US and never had a problem.

I dont give a shit if Sprint "ranks" behind Djibouti in telecommunications service, I'm just saying I (and Vic) have never had a problem....and I've used my phone all over the country. I still have a 512 area code and they dont give me any shit for it. Plus they even downgraded my bill one time for me when I could take advantage of another plan. no complaints, s'all i'm sayin.icon_anal.gif

might wanna look where your rankings are coming from and who the company is tied to. I know Verizon has its hands in a lot a shit out here in the east cost.....extorting bastards...icon_winksmile.gificon_winksmile.gificon_winksmile.gif

Damn who knew the merits of cell phone plans would ignite such passionate responses. . :rolleyes:

I read the story in Consumer Reports, an independent, nonprofit testing and information mag. It wasn't an attack on Sprint. :tongue:

I used to have Sprint and I don't remember it being awful either.

:cool:

Breathe Reval... breathe ;)

I know tons of people who love Sprint. I personally had problems with it. I wouldn't care if it ranked #1. The 2 years I had it, I had more problems with it than I do with this freakin' slow ass messageboard :rolleyes:

Rocky - I think you are just gonna have to pick one that fits your needs and hope you are one of the lucky people that doesn't have problems with their service.

Every single service has problems - just the facts m'am :D

Originally posted by revaluation

I dont give a shit if Sprint "ranks" behind Djibouti in telecommunications service, I'm just saying I (and Vic) have never had a problem....and I've used my phone all over the country. I still have a 512 area code and they dont give me any shit for it. Plus they even downgraded my bill one time for me when I could take advantage of another plan. no complaints, s'all i'm sayin.icon_anal.gif

might wanna look where your rankings are coming from and who the company is tied to. I know Verizon has its hands in a lot a shit out here in the east cost.....extorting bastards...icon_winksmile.gificon_winksmile.gificon_winksmile.gif

It was an article in the Wall Street Journal...pretty legit. And I have friends who've used Sprint and hated it, but also know ppl who can deal with Sprint. Amy had Sprint, and she couldn't get reception in many places I could (Verizon). For example, you don't have reception in the subway tunnels, in many buildings, etc, etc. She switched to Verizon. But in general, this area is not too bad when it comes to Sprint. However, I can't vouch for that in remote areas. For example, if your car breaks down in some remote corner of Virginia, can't say which carrier will give you better (or any) reception.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Breathe Reval... breathe ;)

I know tons of people who love Sprint. I personally had problems with it. I wouldn't care if it ranked #1. The 2 years I had it, I had more problems with it than I do with this freakin' slow ass messageboard :rolleyes:

Rocky - I think you are just gonna have to pick one that fits your needs and hope you are one of the lucky people that doesn't have problems with their service.

Well, to break it down for you, Sprint's towers have a mile area of coverage each. I'm pretty sure at your height, the signal won't reach. That may have been the source of your problems, Tini. ;)

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

i think you're right, tini. i've heard conflicting reports about all of the service providers. i've come to the conclusion that it's really just hit or miss. at least i'll be able to get a phone with a camera so i can take pictures of strippers at the nudy bar:rolleyes: