Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My greatest Shadow Lounge memory.....

Guest saleen351

When I first moved down form Chicago, about 2 1/2 years ago...I really couldn't find music the way it was done back home....Shadow was one of the first and only clubs I went to out here where I felt at home...unlike Crobar that would bring the same big name, but good DJ, in every month (Wink, Morillo, Etc)....Shadow brought a variety of musical tastes....

My Best Times:

#1 Donald Gluade

#2 Green Velvet

#3 John Aquaviva

And many more...that you would never see at Crobar, Level or Space normally other than maybe during the WMC.

Dade, you really knew how to get great diverse talent...hope to see this much more in times to come!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many memories Taucher was just out of control in that place, hearing GA drop silent Harmony-save the whales I used to drop that vinyl hard, The summer when 'AIRWAVE " was released, to the Shadow sessions with Oakie on the decks, Talla,Bossi, etc. could go on forever..............................

Originally posted by darktribalhata

So many memories Taucher was just out of control in that place, hearing GA drop silent Harmony-save the whales I used to drop that vinyl hard, The summer when 'AIRWAVE " was released, to the Shadow sessions with Oakie on the decks, Talla,Bossi, etc. could go on forever..............................

omg !! i was there when GA threw down that silent harmony -save the whales track !! actually , i have that track somewhere !!! fuck !! shadow was the best !! & taucher was GOD !! DAMN I MISS THAT PLACE !!:'(

Oh boy!

The more I think about my time at Shadow Lounge...the more awesome it seems...and it was!

I first started going because a friend that moved out of town early in 1998 gave me his VIP card, so I started going twice a week there for free. And the doormen respected that damn card, too! After it ran out, I bought another for $200, what a fukcing deal! 200 bucks saved me 40 bucks almost every weekend (ok I spent that and more on booze...)

Fav momemt...standing in line duing WMC 1999...DJ Rap was there with some friends and he didn't know her so she couldn't get in...I pull him over to go "erm..that's DJ Rap"...he's like 'oh, ok...and let's them in.

The aquarium in the men's room looking into the girls bathroom...classic

George Acosta dropping Binary Finary "1998"

Seb Fountain dropping Kernkraft 400 during WMC 2000.

I had a major crush on the cigarrette girl...she was gorgeous!

Based on all the stories in this thread SL was the Studio 54 of trance clubs!

To me, the best thing about Shadow Lounge was the DJs and the crowd.

When I'd really get into the music the night would fly by so quickly, and before you realize what hit you - it was 5 A.M.

It was awesome to see that at the end of the night, when the lights came on, that the crowd would cheer and start to give a warm round of applause for the DJ in the booth.

Originally posted by CHRles

and before you realize what hit you - it was 5 A.M.

It was awesome to see that at the end of the night, when the lights came on, that the crowd would cheer and start to give a warm round of applause for the DJ in the booth.

ONE MORE TRACK!!! ONE MORE TRACK!!! ONE MORE TRACK!!!

and everyone would hum that song by Franchino- 999....they did that the last night of GA at Shadow and the fawker didnt bring that track!!!!

another great shadow memory was the first time I meet the notorious MimiD the last night GA spun before it closed.

No airconditioning, hot as hell, and everyone was still just going off.

and I swear Mimi was entertaining more people than GA was.... :)

BTW mimi... what ever happened to that thong :)