Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats wrong with Club Owners and Promoters?

guyman1966

(dedicated to O2lounge)

One of the many reasons I love America is Freedom of Speech!

What’s wrong with Club Owners and Promoters? They want us, week after week; to go to every party they throw. They must think money grows on trees. Not to mention the time it takes to attend and recover from each event. Weeknights, weekends, our entire lives should be spent at their events. Then, they stick us with high cover charges, high drink prices, and make us stand in line to get in and stand in line to pee. When are they gonna appreciate our investment in their establishments? When will we get to Pay what we feel a beer or bottled water is worth? When are they gonna realize it is all about the music and provide comfortable seating without having to purchase TWO bottles? When are DJ’s gonna only play songs we all love (and they should know this via ESP, we should not have to ask for a track)?

I agree with you but i think that is still in this big clubbing sea there are still a couple of places, promoters and marketing directors that don't think that money is everything. I can guarantee that if you have a job you probably need somebody spending money in order of you been able to make a living as well right? unless if you do non profit work, but still. All I was asking for was some support, as I don't put my self on the money oriented plate. I am sorry if I offended anybody, maybe it was stupid to write what I wrote but I just wanted to express my opinion

thanks

Mega

I am sorry if I offended anybody, maybe it was stupid to write what I wrote but I just wanted to express my opinion

You did not offend anyone I think. And I think you should continue to express yoour opinion here. This is what a message board is for. We have assholes here as well as cool people so don't mind what EVERYONE has to say.

peace,

Sean

Originally posted by meng

You did not offend anyone I think. And I think you should continue to express yoour opinion here. This is what a message board is for. We have assholes here as well as cool people so don't mind what EVERYONE has to say.

I guess my expression to make a point using humor is less valid in your mind????

Originally posted by djfrosty

It's basic economics (supply/demand). That's why we pay so much for beer, stand in line pay high covers, and wait to pee.

Go to podunk tavern on 95 and you probably won't have that problem.

Ummm.... Shhhhh..... I was not being serious.

Originally posted by djfrosty

Go to podunk tavern on 95 and you probably won't have that problem.

Or, I can go to where you are spinning.....

:D

Originally posted by guyman1966

I guess my expression to make a point using humor is less valid in your mind????

Actually I wasn't even referring to you. Your point using humor is excellent. This girl is just having a hard time getting to know the different characters of the CP board. So no...I was not talking about you....happy posting!

here's the real problem with clubs, it has to do with owners more than anything, a small minority of club owners realize that it's a huge effort, that requires a lot of thought, planning and creativity, and of that small minority not all of them are lucky enough to be backing a good idea, so what we see are just a very few places that look like the really know what they're doing

the majority of club owner's are guys who think it's going to be a fun hobby that pays for itself.... this is never the case, and when they eventually realize it they make all kinds of desperate attempts to salvage the business and those never work

and then I think there are some places that just aren't meant to make money, part of some money laundering scheme, so they couldn't care less if anyone shows up, and nobody does because the vibe and the music suck

Promoters on the other hand work their asses off for very little reward, but there are also a lot of them who just think it's a cool hobby too, and they never really get anywhere either, I think as a general rule of thumb you're going to have work 10X as much as you normally think you would to really make a party happen, which really makes it more trouble than it's worth, finanically anyway, while the reward of seeing how you've made other people genuinely happy can be truly immense