Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Marty's Liquors

teamj5

God bless this place :laugh:

They have got to have the WORST customer service out of any buisness I have ever spent my money in.

The register people always looked so pissed off at you for bothering them. Everytime they talk to you...if they even do talk....its more like they yell at you :laugh:

What was really bad was when I first moved here and only had a NY id....they would give me the dirtiest looks cause I wasnt from Boston :laugh:

I usually go to Blanchards but Marty's has that bottle redemption place in the back I needed to participate in.

This place SUCKS !!!!

one thing about marty's tho...best goddamn deli sandwiches around (and for a liquor store that's impressive).

i used to have a friend work there and hook me up with the massive sandwich...now it takes the guy about 15 minutes to make one, but some of that quality luncheon meat prepares the stomach beautifully...

blanchard's has better service imo

I always wondered if that shit was any good...I will have to give it a try.

Deli's are severly hurting in Boston. There is a good one by the state house but that is so far out of the way...and they are only open when the government is open.

You guys are nuts, I will still drive from Somerville to Allston just go to to Marty's. They have THE BEST prices anywhere in or around the city, bar none! Just look for the yellow price tag and you're all set. Handle of Bombay Saphire $30... handle of 3 Olives Vodka $20. I challange you to find a better deal.

Plus there's always one cute girl working the register... usually coupled with one very not-cute girl. And just the interaction with the bums is worth the trip!

Oh, and little Miss you-know-who worked there back in the day :rolleyes:

Originally posted by teamj5

Deli's are severly hurting in Boston. There is a good one by the state house but that is so far out of the way...and they are only open when the government is open.

are you talking about sam lagrassas(sp?)?

they make the best goddamn sandwiches in the world (i'm a big fan of sandwiches)

Originally posted by teamj5

I know the one you are talking about, it's right near my work. They have a great turkey hogie(sp). Good stuff!:D