Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does Promotion Mean Anything????? Yes or No??

ok guys imma some it up for all u idiots out there...i want to know ur opinion on promotion? Do u think it means anything , or is it just money being thrown down the toilets......my personal opinion is that promotion is everything in a club no matter where the place is...i kno some of u promoters can back me up on this and also clubbers....CUZ U KNOW IM RIGHT!!:D

Originally posted by clubplamatt

are you saying everyone else other than promoters are idiots?

not a nice way to start a post...

i kno u can read becuz i didint just say promoters..!!!! i said clubbers too ....

Yo, i have been promoting for about 7 years now. i started back at stingrays with teen nights and sticky frindays. then off to bunka with joey and bon. then after two years everyone decided to do there own thing. i still work with joey. i also have my thing in the city and plenty of shit comming soon.

Of course promotions mean shit. if a club didn't promote there night then how would people find out about it. i think now, promotions are all shit. most clubs these past few years like exit, roxy, factory, limelight and so on, have way to many promoters. i mean come on. exit gave out a comp if you brought 3 people. thats not promoting. i started the function wednesdays back a few years ago at bunka. joey and bon had about 6 promoters. and we made that party hot. not only because of flyers and radio. but for word of mouth. that is the best way to promote a club is by talking to the people and telling them about the club. flyers only remind people. but when promoters get into club goers heads then they will acutally think about the party and then go check it out. so a club doesn't need a shit load of promoters, they just need the right set of promoters that acutally love the party for the music and the people and not just for the money. alot of people might see this and think it is bullshit. but this is the way i look at it. i can care less about the money because i have a full time job that pays good. as long as i gett taken care of at the clubs then i will promote the night.

Z

since you cant let this go, and you want to make it into drama......i'll continue it.

The point we were making is that some places, on some nights can be sucessful without promoters. not that the nights dont need any promoting, they just dont need promoter taking the door. metro is a great example.

there is much more to promoting than throwing flyers around, its about networking, and being personable.

based on my 15 years of experience, i think the Shark Bar can do very well on thursday nights in the summer WITH NO PROMOTER. If you want a sucessful party now, you need them.

At Jimmy's, we dont use promoters, and we pack the house, as you know, because you flyer our lot.

peace, and as I keep saying. GOOD LUCK! I will be by to support your nights, feel free to come into Jimmy's when your done with the flyers and introduce yourself to me.

OSb i dunno whhy ur hating on me ....i didint put flyers in ur lot at jimmy's...so dont keep bringing that up....i cant control all my promoters....if they gotta do wut they gotta do then thats them.... !

Originally posted by binoys

Also Bombing someones Parkin Lot Without Permission = DISRESPECTFULL and NO CLASS.

Sorry If I Offended anyone, Just My Opinion.

thank you! Especially when your a mile away from each other.

That shit is disrespectful but it happens all the time. If you want something dont to prevent it than have someone monitor your parking loot (i.e. valet people or door security).

What two places a mile from each other are we talking about anyway???

welcome to the wonderful world of promoting. any club you go to, you will find other promoters promoting there club. they will put the flyers on cars and hand out passes inside the club. cause other clubs are the best place to promote at cause everyone there is a club goer. and it is also the best place to acutally talk to people about your night. so no matter how much we all hate the people putting flyers on cars at another club, it is going to happen and will never stop. if you have a good party going strong then you shouldn't worry about losing 10 people cause of flyers on cars.

Z

Originally posted by carguy19

You guys wanna come to taste and debate this next saturday....

I'll give you all reduced admission

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

carl, do i need a flyer to get reduced admission :laugh:

Originally posted by avanti

FIRST OF ALL osB UR PEOPLE BE bombING OUR PARKING LOT ALL TE TIME ....NOT SPECIFICALLY OURS BUT THE CARS ON THE SIDE.......SO DONT COME HERE SAYIN THAT SHIT LOOOKIN ALL INNOCENT!!!

lets stop this shit right know. If your lot got bombed, it was the frat that promotes our college night. That is the only night we use "promoters". we, meaning the staff and in house promoters of jimmy's, NEVER flyer anywhere without asking. If it happened, I appologize, and i will talk to them.

I am not hating on you at all, like i said I have got to shark bar since it was the cell block, i hope you guys have sucsesful nights. My point on the promoting, is, once the summer comes around, save your money and promote it from within instead of giving up all the door money to an outside promoter. You can do the same thing, and the house can keep the door. This is only my opinion. I'm not hating on you, if anything, i'm trying to help

Again, good luck with your parties, we are both in a tough area of NJ to do what we do. I will stop in and show my support soon.

-Scott