Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South Beach - Big Dissapointment!

lynchmob

South Beach has dissapointed me not because of the quality of it's nightlife but because of the strictly 21 and over bullshit law. What the hell? I can be drafted into the army and vote but can't get into a club on South Beach. I have graduated high school and me and a group of friends have been planning a club to club to club trip to Miami. Now with this law its fucked. Why was this law just recently put into effect? I have never been to south beach but I am going to say that YBOR City in tampa is rapidly approaching south beach in quality of vibes and clubs. All you check it out.

Yeah; the scene is happening - just check the early summer line-up so far: Seaman, Deep Dish, Wink, Slacker, and BT all will be in the area within the next month or so. Plus I hear Ministry of Sound is planning a stop-by. And the 21 and over law does suck; but what's to stop you from getting some "proper identification" to allow entry into the clubs? *when you feel you have no rhythm, just place your hand upon your heart*

HAHAHA where r u from OHIO OR SOME BOONY place like thatto even mention YBOR and south beachin the same sentence is a joke. you have never been to south beach so don't compare the two. as for the law well if you have the right look you might get in it isn't that strict and it is a good law because it keeps the dumb little kids out there were 12 year olds out there they don't blong there as for me i am only 22 i am not an old fart.and my girl is only 17 but she gets in even to the best clubs as for YBOR been there and i forgive you for asying that this time .

Yeah that law is bullshit but its kind of good because it just prevents the people that don't need to be there from coming in. I mean even if you're not 21 if you got the right look, attitude, and connections it'll never be a problem. It's a bitch for tourists though.

• 2 weeks later...

Geeze suck it up...I know it sucks being under 21 but did you ever think of researching South Beach before you decided to go there? And if you do have the right look, etc you'll get in to places fine..

And god, before you found out about the law you seemed as if you were dying to go, and now that others have told you to stop your whining you trash So. Beach's club scene? Why don't you use this board to your advantage & make some contacts that can get you in places instead of alienating them..or is that too "adult" for you??

I personally like the So. Beach scene because all the lil kiddies aren't there...

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

Hey Max 77 you are an ass. You dont know anything if u dont think that YBOr city isnt rapidly improving. whens the last time you were there. Probably 2 or 3 years ago. To you i think its all about what people say are the best clubs and the people. those people in south beach on the majority are on kind of the snobbish uppity type especially all the candy mainstream clubbers. Okay! bitch. And in ybor people are keepin it real. and theres some djs that are seriously underrated. you keep seeing the big names now while i see the future stars at the beginning .

aminotransmitter, don't even bother going to South Beach to promote your shit until the WMC next year. That's what the conference is for and in my opinion the best time in South Beach. As far as clubs go, they have a lot of good ones, but when I was there, the only time I had fun was during the week when the locals weren't there. Too much day glo and cheese for me from the weekend warriors.

As for your woes lynchmob, being under 21, it keeps a lot of troubles from arising keeping underage kids out of clubs...I know it sucks and I was that age before and thought everyone was against me and that I was mature enough to hang, but the bottom line is that you aren't. Experience comes with life experiences and you don't have enough under your belt yet. If I had a dollar for every time I saw a young kid passed out because he/she drank too much or had too much of something and couldn't handle it, I'd be loaded.

There has to be 18+ clubs there like we have in LA. They're just as good, mix the crowds etc. I promote a weekly event and have underage kids asking me to get them in, and it sucks because you want to help them out so they can have a good time, but you're always nervous about how they'll act.

But I have to agree with the others, don't knock the scene because you couldn't get in.

Archived