Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BT in So FLA

arrakis

For those of you who don't already know, BT will be @ the Chili Pepper in Lauderdale on July 14th. I missed his performance at the WMC this year, but heard it was amazing. Any other BT fans out there?

Was that at Shadow? Yeah; I definitely plan to make it this time... Have you heard his new album? Brilliant in my opinion. What a musician. Except that I hate that he added new tracks to his domestic release to get you to buy another copy; as I've had the import for nearly 6 months.

Yes, it was at Shadow. After he came off, the place emptied out. I left for Space to witness one of the best sets of my life. Danny Tenaglia was just surreal!

Back to the BT thing. I also have his MISL cd but I haven't bothered w/ the domestic release. How many tracks were added???

I hear he's touring with Deep Dish and Hybrid! You should check out the interview with him in the latest URB mag. He's an amazing artist; and seems like a cool guy as well. I can't wait for the show!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I left because I was hangin w/ some lightweights. That's what happens when you take a pill. Adry really pissed me off w/ her whining and Billy wasn't any better.

Next time Im goin' alone...

Yeah BT is a good dj but that article in urb kinda made me think hes a sellout and all about himself. hes one of the real populizers of trance and now he says that hes glad he got out of trance and most of it is garbage. well who gives a fuck about what everyone elses trance is like if he s as badass as he says people can recognize . truth is hes not

i am gonna find out whats up at chillipepper

Dont think anybody can say BT is a good DJ. Good producer yes but DJ?? He didn't even use decks to do mix albums up until about a year ago.

When ever i have seen a mix by him it's 40% his own stuff or remixes he has done. Dont get me wrong i love his stuff and also like the sound he has.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

Yeah; BT is not a DJ, but an excellent producer. So it'll be interesting to see what he puts together next week as a performance! "Movement" (the import verison moreso) is a great album no matter how you look at it.

Without a doubt one of the best producers arround. It's the best way to be, i still cannot understand why Darren Emmerson from Underworld has left the group to DJ again?!?

He's a great DJ but leaving underworld not sure about that.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

Arrakis:

I heard that BT is not doing his show with Hybrid or Deep dish after all...

What a disappointment.. he'll be at the Chili pepper playing with the other regulars who I have grown tired of seeing.... Icey, Babyanne, Ash Rock, yadda yadda yadda (yawn)

Yeah; I know.. kind of a disappointment! I have no desire to see anyone else listed for the night, except for the man himself. I would have loved to see Hybrid and Deep Dish as I've missed them both recently. Plus the fact that BT himself is so close to both acts! I wish Icey with his cheesy breaks would retire, and allow some more cutting-edge DJs in for a spot. I still look forward to seeing what magic BT will concoct! Maybe I'll see you there?

Definitely!!

Im getting presale that morning at Grooveman... no way I am waiting till the last minute....

Any idea what time he's going on? As late as possible, no doubt!

I can do without the Icey, Babyanne combo but I guess I will have to endure.... for BT? Its worth it!

Tickets are $25 if you buy them before the show; not sure the day of... Lunasol, when I went to see Paul Van Dyk @ the Chili P a few months ago, they had told me he was coming on @ 3:00 and he began instead @ 1:00! So I wouldn't trust anything they say; just be there as early as possible - or else you'll be stuck with the cheesy booty-shaking beats of you-know-who. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Arrakis:

I got there plenty early and had to endure the cheesy breaks of all those DJ's.. so i was very happy when they decided not to put him on last after all.... i dipped right after his set.... he was incredible and then some and am so happy I got to see him perform!! Did you catch him afterwards at that little booth that was selling his merchandise, hanging out and talking to people? very cool.

Archived