Clubplanet Nightlife Community

coming to miami - have few questions - please help

mike-d

Coming to Miami in september - 1st time, 4 single guys, what are a couple of good dance/techno clubs? what's a good time to get to the club so you can get in? How's the dress code for most clubs? How is Tantra for a night club? I heard anything goes in that place(as far as women) - Any help is greatly appreciated!

HEY, I'M FROM JERSEY TOO, BUT I LIVE IN SOUTH BEACH FROM AUG-MAY. LEVEL IS GOOD, CROWBAR IS GOOD, THIS PLACE SPACE IS JUST OVER THE BRIDGE FROM SOUTH BEACH AND IS GOOD FOR AFTERHOURS. I'VE BEEN TO TANTRA FOR DINNER, AND WOUND UP STAYING AND DANCING AFTERWORDS, BUT IT'S NOT REALLY A CLUB, THERE IS A DJ SPINNING, IF IT'S LUIS HE'S FABULOUS, ANYWAY, YOU'RE PRETTY MUCH DANCING BETWEEN TABLES OF PEOPLE EATING DINNER, BUT NO ONE REALLY SEEMS TO CARE THOUGH. ANYWAY, IF YOU GET BACK TO ME I CAN PROBABLY GET YOU ON SOME <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">GUESTLISTS</A> . LOOK GOOD, DRESS NICE, THEY'RE VERY SELECTIVE. IF YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE GUYS THAT WEARS A BEATER, HAVE SOMETHING ON OVER IT OR YOU WON'T GET IN.

If you are coming down for Labor day wknd you are in for a treat. I know for a fact that Gatecrasher and Danny Tenaglia is going to be at Space, I can't wait for that!!! If you send an e-mail to

opentherope@aol.com they will put you on the gueslist for Space. Like I told the other guy, you definitely have to go to Nikki Beach on Sunday during the day. The party is from 4-11pm and it is off the hook! You will have to wait and probably pay a cover to get in but it is worth it. I don't know what else special is going on but you should definitely try and check out Blue (a bar but the music and vibe is incredible) and Push has a good trance party on Tuesday night.

As far as dress, for the clubs at night LOOK GOOD, no sneakers, wife beaters, boots (use your better judgement). Blue and Push are a little more relaxed if you are just looking to chill out.

Tantra, the food is excellent and the party afterwards is o.k., not my favorite.

[This message has been edited by parteegurl (edited 08-02-2000).]

Archived