Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cameras in Miami clubs?

No clubs allow cameras without prior authorization.

crobar, Level, Maze, and a few others may let pocket digicams slide by, but none will allow full size DSLRs or SLRs without prior authorization.

Space forbids all cameras, pro or consumer, unless you have a prior release. They are very strict about this. I shoot clubs professionally, and at Space I have to carry a little card which basically states who I am and what I'm up to. If you are not authorized, the least that will happen is you will be ejected from the premises, and your camera possibly siezed...or they will take your film or have you wipe your card's memory.

Prior release is usually granted to legitimate media bodies such as commercial websites like .cooljunkie., xpander, and others...magazines like URB, Mixmag, and TV networks like A3, or shows like The Roof.

2 years ago during the conference I had a camera and a video camera and they didnt say nada. Its too hectic during the conference with all the comotion in the front to the point I guess some people get lucky and get away with it.

Good luck!!!

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

I own the website www.redplow.com

I was really hoping that I would be able to take some pictures in the clubs in Miami to put on my site. We get about 900 hits a day which isn’t a ton but its something. . We sell no add space on my site it is just a hobby that I enjoy. I am really hopping that I will be able to work something out with at least a few clubs because this was a big reason I was going. I never would have thought they would not allow it. This really sucks. Can anyone help?

You may get lucky. I've seen too many people get their shit siezed to say "oh yeah, you'll be fine..."

They may look the other way at most clubs, but it depends. Disposables may be OK for just the drunken person snaps, but don't expect website-quality images :)

Originally posted by pod

You may get lucky. I've seen too many people get their shit siezed to say "oh yeah, you'll be fine..."

They may look the other way at most clubs, but it depends. Disposables may be OK for just the drunken person snaps, but don't expect website-quality images :)

i dont get what the clubs would have against someone taking pictures of there venue. It just doesent make sense to me. Its almost like free promotion for them,

i dont get what the clubs would have against someone taking pictures of there venue. It just doesent make sense to me. Its almost like free promotion for them,

I checked out your web site and that's exactly the type of "promotion" we don't want.