Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acosta

juniorlawrence

Great! Take him! He's ALL yours... believe me; we really do have some good DJs down here. Check out BED, Blue and Push to find them. Or maybe perhaps the Man w/o Any Limits would like Mr. Backpack instead in his own backyard? wink.gif We'll sell him for $0.99 - the cost of a Blow Pop!

Arrakis,

What's the name of the resident at BED. I know they rotate djs, but who's the main guy there??

Just curious becuase a BED dj just played the Tavern up here in southampton. I heard he was pretty tight. I think he's dutch.

Going to go see Oakie on Saturday... LOL! Im not looking to get blown away with some tunes, just going to have a good time and catch up on some sun.

U guys better prep up for DT! He's going to knock you on your bum!

Sorry; don't know the name of the guy resident (I'll try to find out next time I'm there), but last week (Saturday night) it was a chick who spun - very tight! Nice, deep funky house... Let me know how Oakey is; hopefully he's adapting to the times. DT should be nice!

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, people in Miami take for granted that George Acosta is resident at Shadow Lounge. I never heard him play a bad set in my life but some people just seem to think he is not that good...but that doesn't mean it's true because George is the man and I've seen him set crowds on fire.

why is it that you guys only talk about these mary DJs that only play that trance shit that is going nowhere. I have been DJing even before these bitches were only a sparkle in their father's eyes. Nowadays, I may be tired, but it is only because my booth, which is bigger than most of your living rooms, is not wheelchair accessable, so I have to stand ALL DAY LONG, so give me a break. While I may Torture you with 30 minute saga-remixes of Whitney Houston, deborah cox, alice dj,Robin S, sonique, olive, sylvester I mean byron stingly and madonna...oh wait, I'm not talking to that bitch anymore, at least they are the newset legitimate versions, and not your tired bootlegs that are only 7 minutes long. By the way, I don't see you guys still playing "Caught In the Middle". and you call yourselves "Fierce"!Battle me if you dare, and I'll have my tired pier queens all over your ass as if you were the last piece of crack in the city...

J.V.

MF, you have A LOT to learn about music. First of all, it's obvious you're new to the scene. I've been clubbing for 10 years (witnessing the opening of Simons in Gainesville) and will assure you that house was around before trance, and will outlast trance. Even the before legendary trance DJs, Sasha and Diggers, are now turning to house. BT - one of the biggest trance producers of all time - is now turning his back on trance. Trance as a music form, is so much more limited than house is. Believe me, I dig a good trance track, but there are so few and most have little longevity. Just watch as the Total Acostanation crumbles in the near future and deep, funky, dark house takes over. Look out west and across the ocean if you want to see where electronic music is progressing... it certainly isn't happening here!

Its going to be funny when George starts spinning "deep, funky, dark house". Because IF or WHEN that music begins to dominate, he will spin it. Ha! That will be a sight.

------------------

Drugs er bad ummmkay.

[This message has been edited by attomic (edited 09-02-2000).]

Archived