Clubplanet Nightlife Community

it is strange...

wideskies

... how people declare that fat people are hideous and disgusting because they abuse their bodies by overeating, and in the same breath go on about how so-and-so the skinny model is the epitome of desirability...

don't people know that in order to be that skinny, models have to abuse their bodies too? by starving themselves, munching pills, snorting whatever, and probably NOT exercising-- if those women were working their muscles in order to be "healthy," we'd be seeing a lot more bulge on their frames.

really, they're as unhealthy as overweight people, just in a different way. when folks claim that fat people are ugly because they're "unhealthy," then they should also claim that those skinny bikini-clad ladies are just as ugly.

or maybe it's not about health, after all. in the end, is it really that people want the weak, unhealthy, helpless waifs so they can like, you know, control them or something?... people must be feeling threatened.

interesting-- the ultra-skinny fad (70's, Twiggy, etc) happened right around the time that the women's movement REALLY came into its own. is keeping a woman skinny some strange way of neutralizing her intellectual/emotional/economic/political power?...

Originally posted by wideskies

is keeping a woman skinny some strange way of neutralizing her intellectual/emotional/economic/political power?...

...i think you're reaching with that statement...albeit unique and interesting...trends come and go in all aspects of society...i dont like the thin model trend that has yet to dissipate from our culture BUT i do like the growing emphasis on health and fitness...the development of dietary and physical awareness...the term organic is not as alien as it was 15 years ago...i joke at being an old man but i have seen a lot in my time...and there is good with the bad...

...years ago, you would not see a fat person let alone a show such as queer as folk on tv...and yet now we have both...the reality is attitudes rarely change...and that's the problem...but we're working on it...through media, through the internet....we can try to help people to grow inward moreso than outward...idk...too many times i think people are hopeless...especially after reading this board...but sometimes....just sometimes i find friends that like cheesecake and strangeness...and they remind me that not everyone is like that....

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

I think really fat isnt attractive, but i think skinny skinny girls is just as discusting.. Girls with curves, a little meat, ass & boobs is much more appealing then a straight curveless body that only consists of bones in my opinion

couldnt have said it better myself:clap2:

skinny girls freak me out.

I've got a friend who fits perfectly into that mold you described, cat. She's completely neurotic about the "magazine" look... big boobs, tiny twig-like body and a round ass. Basically she wants to look disproportionate. It's sad but there's nothing i can do about it.

For her, i can def. say it's lack of direction and lack of self esteem. The only reason she wants to be that way is she wants guys to think she's hot and want to fuck her, which is a cheap way to get attention but in her opinion, it's the attention that matters, regardless of the type.

girls who are naturally skinny are one thing. girls who purposefully bust themselves down to nothing to fit a mold are another story entirely.

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

I think really fat isnt attractive, but i think skinny skinny girls is just as discusting.. Girls with curves, a little meat, ass & boobs is much more appealing then a straight curveless body that only consists of bones in my opinion

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i guess u always spell that word wrong...

I hate super skinny girls...Ugh!!

I think they look emaciated, like skeletons w/ skin

there is nothing attractive about be boney

and I had this opinion of myself when i was younger and naturally 85lbs... i hated it.. i felt frail and waify

overly obese isn't attractive either.. but the major difference is, fat people aren't stuffing their faces to create an ideal body image due to insecurites.. their insecurities are more deep rooted or biological factors may be at hand... nobody wants to be fat and unattractive

but very skinny girls take a very shallow, narcissistic approach to dealing with their insecurites rather than facing up to their internal issues.....they strike me as vain and weak..desperate for acceptance and attention

i disapprove more of the overly skinny than the overweight