Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last night...

arrakis

... a DJ saved my life! wink.gif Here's my review of DT @ Space. Wasn't at all disappointed. Actually, I thought he was amazing. Got there around 12:00 - he was spinning deep, dark, progressive house w/ flawless mixing. Later in the night - towards 2:00, he started banging it; as he knows that's what Miami likes. But it was done in excellent taste - no cheese as Mr. Acosta loves to throw down. Danny kept the crowd pumpin; mixing in vocal samples w/ ease, bringing the music down and then building it back up. He even spoke to the crowd. Truly a genius! His 20+ years of DJing experience were evident. Very few in my opinion can come close to THE MAN. I left at 4:00, so maybe someone else can share their opinion of the remainder of the evening, as well as their views on his whole set. Suffice to say, I think the music he spun b/w 12:00 and 2:00 is the near future - very similar to what I would imagine a Danny Howells set to be like: deep, dark, funky, and beautiful! AMEN! smile.gif

glad you had fun!

DT is definetely one of the very best DJs in the world as well as a very nice person...

BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED TILL THE END! i guess you have a good excuse but the end of his set is not to be missed: classics, best tracks...

------------------

it's hot in here, it's dark in here

After talking to a few of my friends down there, they were impressed with Danny's set. He took everyone on that musical journey of different genres.

That's the way to do a monster set.

Anyone stay until the end??? I know he got on around midnight and supposedly going to go at it for 12 hours. My friends were ass out around 8 am.

I can't wait to hear him on Ibiza soil next Sunday spinning with one of the best djs; Laurent Garnier. What a tag team that's going to be.

Hey people, I stayed until the end end.. smile.gif Check out my mini review on the dtenaglia.com board. Most amazing DT set ever! He just killed me from like 4 till 8... Then at 11.....Karen Ramirez!! Afro Celt sound system a but earier...wind it down...then like 11:30...CAMERAS READY...he iginited those sick foggers, lit the sirens and the mack truck horn...OMG...talk about a second wind! Then he playes some of the best classics I ever heard...till like 1...whew what a night!

-Adam

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

Guest genevieve

Ohhhhhh my god!!!!!!! Where do I start????? I got there @ 10pm and left @ 1pm!!!!!! Yes, that's 15 sraight hours. I think I eventually did force myself to go sit down outside where they were playing latin top 40; the only possible seats in the whole place!!!! I've never been soooo sore in my whole life!!!!! When we first got there they only had the 2nd room open. I don't know who was spinning but they weren't bad at all. At 12:15 they open the doors to the Blue Room with Danny starting off with some sweet, deep introduction; slow and very, very DARK!!!!! Can you spell B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T!!!! He brought it up and down so smoothly! I couldn't believe he put that remix of Front 242's "Head Hunter" in; absolutly sick!!!! Too bad Special K couldn't hang, because from 4-8am he threw the shit down!!!!! He was so interactive with the crowd. We ended up passing notes back and forth with him; and hopfully that picture came out that I took of him while I was sitting on my boyfriend's shoulders!!!! It was soooo funny I got right up close in front of the booth right when he was blowin it up!!!! The foggers, siren, and you can't forget that mack truck horn!!!!! Especially at around 10am!!! Do you remember that Adam? When he kept the foggers going and going and going. Everyone was freezing and wondering when he was going to stop!!!! Not to mention those lasers!!!!!! By this time he started all those classics; I had to prop myself on the podium to keep myself dancing!!!!!!!! I was like only one more hour.............1/2 hour..............minute!!!!! Then at 12pm there must have been about 20 or less people left. He just kept going!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll never forget this 13 hour journey in Space!!! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by genevieve (edited 09-05-2000).]

Gen,

Im have a huge smile on my face reading your review. See, I told you he was going to tear the roof off. Glad you had the best time and one of the FEW that stayed until the end. Maybe you should be the one called 'Nolimit soldier' LOL!!

Archived