Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where should I go tonight?

kuka32679

Saturday nights are kind of slow around here in Boston so you won't find really good music or a really good vibe. But there are a few places you can go, Avalon which is better on Friday nights but has a resident there on Saturday's that is decent, again nothing to gage Boston's music scene by. And then there is the good ol'Roxy, which is a little more like NY's Sound Factory with the clientel that goes there, but still an okay place. Or if you want a more international feel you can hit up Pravda, but I don't know what the night is like on Saturday nights I've only been there on Fridays.

Good luck!

Originally posted by kuka32679

Thanks a lot.....

I think I will hit up Roxy......:D :D

My 3 other friends and I are heading up there, you can come along if you want:cool: :cool:

No thanks, but thanks for the invite, I'm going out to dinner tonight! Have fun!

OK, now we're talking. Boston's closing time is 2:00 AM:( so if you want to keep the party alive you're going to have to do some traveling. There are 3 afterhours spots in Saugus, which is about 15 to 30 minutes outside of Boston. All of the Saugus afterparties are on the same road and are minutes appart from each other.

The Palace: A big, multy-room nightlife complex that has hip hop downstairs and house upstairs in Rio. I haven't been to the palace in a while so I don't know how it's been. Casual dress, no hat's, I think it's 18 plus (bring an ID), last time I knew for guys 18-20 are $20, guys 21 plus got a discount, ladies I think are free, and the doors open at 3:00AM.

Tantra: Smaller, more intamate venue. If you are looking for "crazy sound and lights" go to the palace, if you are looking for a really cool, good time vibe, afterhours experience, go to Tantra. In my book bigger isn't always better and Tantra is proof. From personal experience I feel Tantra has friendlier staff, clientelle, and just a better atmosphere than the palace, but not really if you're looking for a "big room". Doors at 3:00AM, casual dress, and the last time I was there the door was $20, but I think that might have changed.

Vision Nightclub: I really don't know much about this place because I've never been. From what I understand it's kind of a happy medium between Tantra and The Palace.

Now if you're in the mood to take another drive, you can come down and see me in Providence for afterhours at Therapy. It's about 45 minutes to an hour from Boston (but it's on the way home for you guys:D ). The Groovelounge is open from 2-???, I'll be spinning from 4:00 or 5:00 till ???, after that closes you can go see mu buddy Will Trahan over at Pulse which is open from 6:00 till the last man's not standing anymore.

I got this from another board, it's for The Palace:

PAJAMA JAM::3AM::March 15::AFTER HOURS

FREE for ladies in Pajama's w/ a flyer b 4 4am

1/2 off for guys in Pj's w/ a flyer b 4 4am

NAUGHTY NIGHTIE contest w/ cash prize

featuring: area one (RIO, perhaps one of the nicest rooms east of Vegas) house/tech/trance w/ OSHEEN, M J of Axis, KAPPA and much more!

area two (OXYGEN) w/ Boston's best hip hop dj CHAOS, GEE SPIN and MASTER J of 94.5 mixing the hottest in hip hop, R & B and reggae.

w/ your support we will take after hours to knew levels, bring in the worlds best djs..(bad boy bill, dieselboy on March 29) and continue to provide the best events we know how too.

thanx again, much love...tommie gunn

The Palace, 1500 Broadway, Saugus, Mass., 01906 / 781 321 1660

• 1 year later...