Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC is overrated..

Guest hotshit

I went last year, ill tell you what everything is extremely crowded, very expensive covers and drinks. Im talkin $100 just to step foot in. But hey whatever your into

Originally posted by hotshit

I went last year, ill tell you what everything is extremely crowded, very expensive covers and drinks. Im talkin $100 just to step foot in. But hey whatever your into

Couldn't have said it better, and those are the reasons why I don't like it.. People are just followers, try leading for once and take a trip over to The Greek Isles to Mykonos ,or even any costal town in Spain, besides Ibiza and you'll see theres more to the dance culture than the WMC, too commerical for my taste.

Originally posted by hotshit

No club or DJ is worth $100 cover charge, IMO.

i agree with u Carl. I have been to the last 8 or 9 and its getting more and more played out every year. Too bad most people didnt get a chance to go down there when the parties were better. Now it seems like every dick, tom and harry is doing a party and since there are so many you could end up walking into more then one party before you find the one that you want to stay at. At $40 to $50 a head that can get costly. Also back then the music was so much better. Now even the major dance venues have to do at least 2 nights of hip hop parties there to survive this week. Nothing against hip hop cause I love listening to it but I can only imagine how many parties are hip hop driven down there this year. I know I was called to work a hip hop party at Crobar on Thursday night. So this year I decided that I wouldnt go down there ever again. The last couple of years I worked down there and my trip was free and this year would have been the same and I still dont want to go back. Also, with the conference switching its dates it made for alot of confusion on when to get down there. It was nice knowing Be Yourself was Monday. You could get down there enjoy the weekend then Monday came u were ready to go then go home Tuesday night after you get out of Space.

About Mykanos, as of now I leave August 8th for 10 days. I have heard so much about it I am dying to go.

Originally posted by stigeleiro

i agree with u Carl. I have been to the last 8 or 9 and its getting more and more played out every year. Too bad most people didnt get a chance to go down there when the parties were better. Now it seems like every dick, tom and harry is doing a party and since there are so many you could end up walking into more then one party before you find the one that you want to stay at. At $40 to $50 a head that can get costly. Also back then the music was so much better. Now even the major dance venues have to do at least 2 nights of hip hop parties there to survive this week. Nothing against hip hop cause I love listening to it but I can only imagine how many parties are hip hop driven down there this year. I know I was called to work a hip hop party at Crobar on Thursday night. So this year I decided that I wouldnt go down there ever again. The last couple of years I worked down there and my trip was free and this year would have been the same and I still dont want to go back. Also, with the conference switching its dates it made for alot of confusion on when to get down there. It was nice knowing Be Yourself was Monday. You could get down there enjoy the weekend then Monday came u were ready to go then go home Tuesday night after you get out of Space.

About Mykanos, as of now I leave August 8th for 10 days. I have heard so much about it I am dying to go.

That wasn't me Serge it's one of the imposters, i will be at Deko on thursday for the 1st time in a while. Can you put me on the list??

Originally posted by ninadd

I just don't understand why you would go on a vacation where you are going to be seeing all the same people you see up here - don't you go on vacation to get away away from these people????

I totally agree with you!!!!! I go on vacation to get away from the everyday BS and to relax!!! After tax season(in may) Im goin to Florida for 2weeks just to relax and visit Jarlos

:D .................

Hey Ninadd, I was at your house the other day........You missed me:tongue:

Well I guess you guys are right if you go on one vacation a year. Personally I try to go on a few and lots of my real friends are going this year. So I decided to go. You are correct that it is alot of the same people, but environment has alot to do with a nice change. Anyhow, just like everything else in life its just not for everyone.

Originally posted by stiffler

I totally agree with you!!!!! I go on vacation to get away from the everyday BS and to relax!!! After tax season(in may) Im goin to Florida for 2weeks just to relax and visit Jarlos

:D .................

Hey Ninadd, I was at your house the other day........You missed me:tongue:

Hey when, where was I ,and why was I not notified :(

Originally posted by carguy2003

I have been3 times, way over-rated... Anyone else agree, or all of you still in that phase of being trendy, and being followers?

so agree with it being overrated.... Do I want to be there now HELL YEAH!!!!!

but there is so much talent down there as for the music goes....

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

Well I guess you guys are right if you go on one vacation a year. Personally I try to go on a few and lots of my real friends are going this year. So I decided to go. You are correct that it is alot of the same people, but environment has alot to do with a nice change. Anyhow, just like everything else in life its just not for everyone.

Actually, I work my ass off and do a lot of the shore in the summer, but will probably go away again in Oct or Nov and once again it will be to relax in beautiful St. Martin...............and if I ever go away to really party Im thinking of going to Ibiza:eek:

Guest hotshit
Originally posted by carguy2003

Couldn't have said it better, and those are the reasons why I don't like it.. People are just followers, try leading for once and take a trip over to The Greek Isles to Mykonos ,or even any costal town in Spain, besides Ibiza and you'll see theres more to the dance culture than the WMC, too commerical for my taste.

So true and I am def going to Mykonos this summer

I've went for 10 years 1991-2001, for me, its the worst time to be in SOBE. The key to enjoying yourself and picking the right parties is to really research whats going on, actually attending the conference has its perks and you find out about the good, more private hotel and penthouse parties, and you can actually save some money since those parties are usually complimentary or at least inexpensive, then you can hit the party you really want to be at during the evening, Personally, I'll probably skip the conference and check out the Nightclub Show in Vegas next year or the one of the big European or London festivals. Just my humble opinion, I hope everyone enjoys it though, I still miss SOBE, there is a lot more to that area of FLA, then the beach nightclubs, and shopping.

Originally posted by thepulse

I've went for 10 years 1991-2001, for me, its the worst time to be in SOBE.

but you went anyway? are you starting to realize why you got the crap kicked out of you on this board? you say some weird things man....sorry but you deserved it after this statement.

let me clarify that, it was great up until 2000, after that it was played out, yeah I did go anyway in 2000 and actually 2001 I did enjoy myself. the last year I thought it was really good was 1999 or 98 and the years before when the clubs on the beach were all open after hours, the scene was literally nonstop, from dinner to the parties to the clubs, afterhours and then walk right to the beach from the club, those were the days, the days of liquid, pump, Glam Slam, Shadow Lounge, Amnesia, etc. Before all you and the other rookies started hitting the scene.

Personally I have been working in/going to clubs since I was 18. Now, I am 24 so I decided hey its a once in a lifetime thing. I know I won't do it again, not for the conference anyway. Why not do it when many good friends are going. All the previous years I was either not interested or had prior engagements...like college, being in a wedding etc. I love South Beach(perhaps b/c I love the beach period). Its seems it took most of you a few years to realize its overrated but I personally would not do something that many times. There are way too many other places to see and travel, and not enough time to do it all. :D

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

Personally I have been working in/going to clubs since I was 18. Now, I am 24 so I decided hey its a once in a lifetime thing. I know I won't do it again, not for the conference anyway. Why not do it when many good friends are going. All the previous years I was either not interested or had prior engagements...like college, being in a wedding etc. I love South Beach(perhaps b/c I love the beach period). Its seems it took most of you a few years to realize its overrated but I personally would not do something that many times. There are way too many other places to see and travel, and not enough time to do it all. :D

dont listen to anyone you are going to have a blast