Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC is overrated..

Its just not high on my list of events to go to on South Beach, after spending time living down there, you realize that South Beach is a good time, most of the time, and not as crowded other weeks when some other events are going on, In fact in 2002 I went down the weekend after the conference and there was another huge event on the beach, I even ran in to some people I knew from NY/NJ that weekend and we had a blast, without the huge WMC/Spring Break crowd. If you have never gone to the conference its worth it, If you are in the music business and looking to network, attending the confernce is definitely worth it because it gives you a chance to meet industry folks from around the world. I personally just tired of the insane crowds, kind of like trying to go to a club on the Jersey Shore on a huge holiday weekend- some like it, some don't. Its a personal preference.

Originally posted by stiffler

Friday night and I think you were doing laundry or something...........I went upstairs with Jenni to say hello but only got to see JP:( Sorry

Thanks for blowing my spot and letting peope know I am a loser that does laundry on a friday night :laugh:

Originally posted by stigeleiro

i agree with u Carl. I have been to the last 8 or 9 and its getting more and more played out every year. Too bad most people didnt get a chance to go down there when the parties were better. Now it seems like every dick, tom and harry is doing a party and since there are so many you could end up walking into more then one party before you find the one that you want to stay at. At $40 to $50 a head that can get costly. Also back then the music was so much better.

WELL SAID....:tongue: