Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Years in Europe

pascualina

Well I’m from Miami so beach and hot weather are not essential for me. My poor friend lives there and she really needs a tan that’s why I said preferable a hot or less cold place. I want to have fun in a cool place that is affordable but at the same time different, even If it is not for New Years because I’m going to be there from the 21 to the 8 and I don’t want to be stock in the boring Malmo. I know it is winter in Europe but anyway since I’m going to be there I want to enjoy every minute.

cwm7.gifcwm1.gif

I've been told that Palma is lots of fun but I've never been there myself. I've been to Barcelona though and I found it to a big party city. I've also heard great things about Madrid. But winter in Spain isn't warm enough to go the beach. I'd stay away from Malmo for in the wintertime they only get a few hours of sun a day.

I would suggest England if you're into clubbing. They throw some excellent gigs all over the UK.

Spain is always nice to go to. However, it wouldn't be warm at all. Things don't warm up down there until late May and June.

Amsterdam is out of control. I'm sure there are plenty of gigs going on there.

Good luck.

No doubt check out Barcelona; especially if you're into house music. This city has one of the best scenes on the Continent. E-mail me at specialk1173@excite.com if you want specific places to go to.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

Palma is not all that good for clubbing. There are a few half decent clubs.

What about Ibiza, all the clubs throw nights on NYE and they invite all the workers form the summer season to them for free.

Manumision's NYE bash is legendary. It's a bit cold though, but still cool.

Whatch out if your going to London, get your tickets early. All the decent places are sold out months in advance, and stay away form the 20,000 people (Home, Gatecrasher, Cream) events because they generaly get shot down in flames.

Barcelona is always good, and Paris is also pretty good. Oh what about Amsterdam, Prague. You will be hard pushed to find ANY party in Europe as wild as Amsterdam (Roxy has gone but the vibe lives on).

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Paris is OK for New Years'... just watch out for the bombs on the Champs-Elysées! cwm25.gif P.S. The Rex is Laurent Garnier's pad in the City; kind of small (last time I went several years ago), but worth checking out.

------------------

Oh and if you're in Paris, MAKE SURE you check out "Web Bar" (www.webbar.fr; near Place de la République) - the BEST internet cafe in the world: DJs often spinning chill house, awesome inexpensive food, loads of computers, beautiful people...

------------------

Archived