Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Timo in Space

arrakis

For those who haven't found out yet, Timo Maas will be at Space on Saturday, November 4th...

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

Which night was he at GJ during the conf? I must have missed him b/c I was there for 3 nights in a row... What was his set like? Yeah; I look forward to seeing him as well! cwm1.gif

------------------

hey marick, yeah it's me from the GU board and miami!!as u can see to the left side it says i'm a newbie to this board!

arrakis, Timo was at GJ the Friday nite that the conference had just started, it was for the Bliss party w/ Dave Seaman and Slacker performing live very cool nite.

Even tho you missed it, Timo at Space will be great cos of the amazing sound system.

smile.gif

thanx arrakis!!! hey did you ever post for the GU board?

this board is less complicated and crowded... plus it's local so I can find out about stuff going on and attend whatever venues that'll be wicked!

I'de like to see Danny T spin at Space again before the year ends...

I heard Timo open up for Deep Dish last night. I wasn't having any of it. Then again, Im a picky son of a gun. He was dropping all of his productions. Including a nasty mix of 'doomsnight' What's he doing dropping 'AC/DC' at 140 am? Way too early for that...

Deep Dish came on for a stellar set. Track of the night for me was ' touch me ' kismet

The only set I ever enjoyed from Timo is the one from the conference that everyone here is talking about.

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 10-14-2000).]

Loraine, did you catch Danny T on his last visit to Space? Stellar... Diego, any news on the Man's possible monthly residency at Space? Also, what type of set did DD spin last night? harder like the new Ibiza disc or more funky like Yoshiesque?

------------------

All of the above. Mostly that sexy, dark, progressive Deep Dish sound. By 6 am, they were bangin' out Techno. It was a sweet journey through the different genres. Only a handfull of tracks that I recognized.

Tonight is Dave Seaman & Chris Fortier to open up for Junior.

Where is this club 320?? Supposedly lawler is booked to play there. Any scoop appreciated.

d

Nice club then. I went there a few times but I didn't care for the crowd or music too much. I understand that Michael Cappone took it off of Paciello's/Casares hands. Not a bad start to book guys like Lawler. I wonder if they changed the decor. There was hardly any room to dance. Mostly VIP tables all over the place.

I'll give you a report when I go (hopefully) to see Lawler... also, did you hear about Chris's recent guilty plea?

------------------

arrakis, yeah i went to Space f/ both times Tenaglia played...wicked!! When is the Lawler night?

Diego, so Timo didn't have a good set on Friday? How disappointing...

Deep Dish are a great duo, I wonder if

they'll be playing in Miami any time soon cos the last times I heard them live it was great...but I wasn't too crazy about their latest release.

Loraine, S Lawler's spinning on the 26th - don't miss him; I caught him in Ibiza over the summer and he was wicked... very tribal prog house. Yeah; I don't think DD's Renaissance Ibiza is their best release... I can't wait for the soon-to-come Yoshiesque 2. At the moment I can't stop listening to "One Nation Under House 2" by them! Dubfire told me they will come here again soon, but not before December.

------------------

Loraine, don't get me wrong. People were loving Timo @ Twilo but he sort of bored me. Dooms night,AC/DC, the dance(ubik), flash(timo mix), and loads of his other remixes. I personally don't like the music that hard so early in the night. It's supposed to be a warm up set. Then when DD get on, it's like taking 2 steps back.

However, I did enjoy Deep Dish's set a lot more than Dave Seaman's the following night.

Arrakis, I post w/ the same name on the GU board, but I mainly read it than post, only if there's a local event and there's some sort of meet up.

Diego, thanks for clarifying the Timo set. I do know what you mean about the playing hard tracks early on... I will still check his upcoming set at Space to see how well Timo performs a second time in Miami. Btw, did you go w/ billy?

Yeah, Billy met up with me there. Franklin, Genergy, Blaine S, Doubletakeman, Flan, and a bunch of them were there that night.

Billy is doing another demo soon. I'll tell him to hook you up. This one will be a double cd with Matt Licata. Nice & dark on cd1. The harder stuff like techno on cd 2.

easy

that's cool you GU NY board people meet up for great nites at twilo.

Billy knows he's gotta another promo to send me but his excuse was that you took them all to ibiza... so yeah please remind him for me to send me his next promo as well.

Will you be going to Orlando to see him next month?

Archived