Clubplanet Nightlife Community

French Kiss?

arrakis

Just wondering what everyone thinks of this classic by Lil Louis... seems like it would appeal to trance and house fans alike. And what about Josh Wink's remix? Personally I much more prefer the original, but am curious as to what you all think!

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

I've noticed that a lot of people love that song...especially guys... smile.gif

I've only heard this song on Emerson's GU...I actually skip the track, cos i'm not too crazy about it. I've not heard Wink's french kiss.

so there's my 2cents

Now why would WE like that song? cwm32.gif I actually just got it on vinyl recently and love adjusting the pitch as Lil Louis does himself in the track's production. J Wink's remix gives the track no justice; it only contains some elements of the original (not the "guys' favorite part" even) and is a lot more bangin'.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

I'm a guy and I'm not crazy about the track...not that I skip over it on the Emerson GU, though. I like the Wink remix even less....I don't see why "how's your evening so far" is such a "big tune." Then again, I've just never been a huge fan of Josh Wink's stuff.

It's a timeless classic. What more can u say? It's been 11 years and it still getting hammered. Like it or not, it had a huge impact in the club scene.

Winx remix of it is nothing to brag about. It was a BIG tune at the conference, but it's shelf life came to an end.

This track changed my life.. cwm12.gif and a lot of other people too..

Before F.K. not many producers / DJ's were including a mid track break down, let alone making a song just for the clubs that was over 10 min. long.

When I first heard it there was nothing else like it. Not even over-seas.

As for the Wink version I would not consider it a remix of the original but a glorified sample track, it's O.K. cwm33.gif

------------------

Peace & Blessings,

B-SIDE

"The DJ From Another Planet"™

Archived