Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's the DJ?

foxy001

Foxy, I guess you'll have to wait until a DJ really blows your socks off, and then you won't forget him/her! True there are different types of electronic music, but in the end, it's the DJ that puts it all together... cwm16.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

music is NOT just music...there are many diffrent styles with in the diffrent types of music. and with the diffrent styles comes diffrent sounds and moods. i'm assuming that we are talking only about 'dance music' here...

house music is more soulfull and jazzy then say trance or drum & bass. it has a deeper feeling to it and takes more thought to understand it.

trance can be very uplifting and emotional

at times but can also get very stale very fast. it tends to have the same build'em up break'em down feeling to it. next time you go to a club to listen to trance pay attention to the breakdowns in the songs and the drum rolls as well. you'll find that it's so predictable. every song does the samething and therefore souns the same.

break beat is very hip hop influenced. it can have alot of old school electro sounds in it as well...

and drum & bass, well thats just fast!! the bpms are like 180+ where as house is something like 120 bpms to 140 bpms and trance is something like 140 bpms to

160 bpms. it has alot of deep dark basslines some of it (intellagent drum & bass such as whet ltj bukem does) can be very pretty and soulful wth alot of jazz and classical influences in it.

so to close, it's good to pay attention to which dj is spinning at which club so that you can decide what style of music your in the mood for. you would not go see john digweed if your in the mood for paul van dyk style trance and you would not go see paul van dyk i you wanted to hear deep, dark, twisted house like what john digweed and danny tenaglia play.

hope this helps you out a bit...if you want to talk more about this then e-mail me at

cream11@hotmail.com and we can chat.

cheers mate!!

[This message has been edited by marick (edited 10-09-2000).]

Well, if you know Daytona like I do, there are only a few clubs to consider going to. 600 North, Groove, Razzles, and Baja. Each club has its own theme and type of music. You choose which one to go to depending on the type of music you prefer or the surroundings you prefer. I go to dance mostly so Razzles and Baja are a favorite of mine. DJs hardly ever come up in the decision. This is why it surprised me so much to come to this board and find that knowing what DJ is playing is actually quite important. cwm20.gif

hey foxy, thats ok. if you have a question always ask it! NO question is stupid or not worth asking! we're here to help and share our knowloge of the scene with those who don't know as much as us. and i for one will help you out with your questins in anyway that i can. smile.gif keep fireing them at us kido!

cheers!

Thank you. I know that my questions are quite novice, but you have to understand where I've grown up. It's not the most happening place in the US. cwm1.gif Thanks to this board, I've learned so much about the clubs of a much larger city. Thanks to all! cwm17.gif

Aren't the Daytona clubs more famous for wet t-shirt contests than bringing in X big-name DJ? I don't know, I've never been there except in passing by on 95, that's just the impression I get. I wasn't really clued in about "the DJ" before early last year, and predictably, it was Oakenfold's New York Global Underground CD that got me into it. I had been listening to electronic music for quite some time, but until then, I didn't really pay the DJs spinning it in clubs much attention.

Yeah, Wet T's are a pretty standard way to attract attention to the local clubs during our key event times Bike Week, Race Week, Spring Break, and Black College Reunion. This next weekend is Biketoberfest. Thursday nights at 600 North are the Venus Swimwear contests. But other than that, it's pretty calm around here.

The music conference sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I think I just might do that. Where do they hold it? Thank you for the info cwm1.gif

It's held officially at a large hotel/resort on the Beach, but the general public (those who don't have badges/passes) can still attend many of the nightclub events. Believe me - you can still have a great time w/o a badge/pass; but if you have a connection to get one, it can't hurt (don't spend the several hundred $ to buy one though)! You'll have access to nearly everything...

------------------

Foxy> If you hang w/ the right crowd, I guarantee you it'd be hard to find a better time during the year!

------------------

Well, right now, I'm between crowds I guess you could say. I'm begining to receive my VIP status. cwm1.gif In Daytona that is. I'm also trying to find a few people in Miami that I could meet. I'm my own person and frequently travel just to meet new people.

I will definately look you up arrakis if I decide to come down. Thanks for the offer! cwm1.gif

Having a meeting place for the people from this board would be nice. We would actually be able to see and get to know the people we so frequently converse with here. cwm37.gif

hey guys! last year me & my roommate were the one's that cordanate and organized the GU meet up at groovejet...it was a smashing success!! and from there on out we all hung out together for the rest of the conference..

we made some great friends.people from all ver the world!! noria will tell you...it was a blast!

if you guys want to do a clubplanet/GU meet-up for this conference or anyother party let me know and i'll help cordanate it!!

and foxey/arrakis, if you guys ever want to come down and hang out i'd love to meet-up with you and go av'it!! just let me know ahead of time so i can keep a day/night open ok...if you want, e-mail me and lets make a date!! my e-mail is

cream11@hotmail.com

hope to hear from you guys soon!!

cheers!

Marick> I'm down w/ that, but let's get our posses together BEFORE the Conference this year! Let's stay in touch and try to meet up soon...

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

sonds good to me as well...e-mail me your contact number so we can chat.

by the way are you going down to the beach tonight or are you going to be around west palm? i'm coming up that way with a few friends tonight. they want to go to

clamatis (nt sure if i spelt that right). thought maybe you might want to meet up or something...e-mail me before 9pm tonight and let me know so we can make a meeting place.

my e-mail is listed above in my last post.

cheers mate!! maybe i'll see you tonight!

Archived