Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"shock and awe" portion of campaign

I can't believe the administration is using this to discribe the campaign. Does anybody else think this sounds really stupid and arrogant?

Another thing, this campaign should not be called "Iraqi Freedom", it should be called "Iraqi disarmament". Do they have to be so damn conspicuous about decieving people. Our primary mission there is self preservation NOT the libertion of the Iraqi people. If our responsibility were truly to free oppressed people we would've invaded Cuba a long time ago.

Originally posted by Drunk

Shock and Awe wasn't something made up by the administration. It comes from a book: http://www.dodccrp.org/shockIndex.html

:) touche

Originally posted by Drunk

Operation Iraqi Freedom ENTAILS disarmament AND liberating the Iraqi people. We wouldn't disarm Saddam and leave him in power. The two go hand in hand. It's just a name.

I think it's a little hypocritical that all of a sudden we can't stop thinking about those poor Iraqi people. It wasn't a big enough issue before 9/11 for us to go to war with Iraq but now it is :confused:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I think it's a little hypocritical that all of a sudden we can't stop thinking about those poor Iraqi people. It wasn't a big enough issue before 9/11 for us to go to war with Iraq but now it is :confused:

its true that it makes the public feel better about themselves......but it is also true that they will be liberated form saddam.....so i don't really see the deception......what would you name it?

Originally posted by underwater

its true that it makes the public feel better about themselves......but it is also true that they will be liberated form saddam.....so i don't really see the deception......what would you name it?

Iraq Disarmament or something to that effect.

We were'nt so gung ho about the Iraqi people until we started accusing Sadam's regime of having WMD's. IMO it's hypocritical of this administration to emphasis it so much only when it's convenient.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I can't believe the administration is using this to discribe the campaign. Does anybody else think this sounds really stupid and arrogant?

Another thing, this campaign should not be called "Iraqi Freedom", it should be called "Iraqi disarmament". Do they have to be so damn conspicuous about decieving people. Our primary mission there is self preservation NOT the libertion of the Iraqi people. If our responsibility were truly to free oppressed people we would've invaded Cuba a long time ago.

its all about ego. there will never be an attack with more shock and awe than what happened on 9-11, but bush has to look like the tougher guy to save face. its like junior high school.

Originally posted by t0nythelover

its all about ego. there will never be an attack with more shock and awe than what happened on 9-11, but bush has to look like the tougher guy to save face. its like junior high school.

I agree.

Originally posted by t0nythelover

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

retard