Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rabbit in the moon...

spinstar

The future of electronic music is Rabbit in the Moon.

Showmanship

+

Musical ability

I've seen tons of bands and wannabe electronic artists perform live, and none of them have put on a better show than these guys from Tampa. Albeit the Impotent Sea Snakes and Manson do some freaky shit, Rabbit in the Moon is an electronic band and cannot really be classifed in the same category as them. RITM continually improve their shows year after year. They had the biggest response ay Ultra. They even pulled some girl out of the audience, put a welding mask on her face and proceeded to shower her with grinding spark lights. Those of you who where there know exactly what I'm talking about.

With regard to musical ability, RITM covered a Skinny Puppy tune, and broke it down with a ambient landscape that descended into a lower register single note drone for a bit and then morphed into slamming Florida-school dnb (fireworks and stage antics enhanced all of this). Genius.

There was also some very good ethermin wave work. Jimmy Page, Roger Waters, Van Halen and a bunch of other musicians have used this technique whereby the wave or motion of a hand around an antenna produces produces musical notes and melodies. Roland Grooveboxes have something called a d-Beam which utlizes this.

Knowing that Acosta was billed to take the stage after RITM, I couldn't help but to think that he would have great difficulty in filling the proverbial shoes of what is now the world's greatest electronic group.

Melding elements of a U2 concert video prodcution with the pyrotechnics of a Rammstein concert, Rabitt in the Moon offers more than electronic music, they offer the premiere electronic music experience.

dunno if any of you saw it...but i was hoping someone would comment on the Congressional address they had about aliens...man..that was sooooooo BAD ASS!! how the tv would distort and the alien head would morph from the speaker!!!

dude they rock..MAD props to T Confucius and Monk!

i was so tired from going nuts from their set that i didnt stay for anything else after....

then again..maybe it was cause i was there since noon...:tongue:

:hat: SpaceCadet

Rabbit was so out of control its alomost beyond words....yes rabbit has also been bad asses but it is true thhat they r the future...this is where its all gonna start heading.....cuz that was true entertainment....about the john ashcroft alien thing...that ws genius...i mean who sits around and watches msnbc just to see a speech, and then a light bulb goes of and says oh im gonna make a show out of this...its was out of hand...didnt george throw a temper tantrum bcuz rabbit took to long...i dont think he played, but oh well...although george is great, i think it would have been a let down to put anyone after rabbit...cuz they brought the house down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 looking forward to seeing them again in the future

Nexuss- No disrespect, who would you say is the future of electronic music? Just curious...

Personally, I would rather see a live electronic band than a DJ that has his head pointed down 3/4s of his set.

Look at Underworld, Orbital, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers and all those other electronic acts -- they draw massive crowds all over the globe even though some have been around for decades and are considered 'old school.' It seems as though people simply aren't all that excited about hearing DJs anymore. Look how many times 'international' DJs have come to Miami only to spin to a half-full room with minimal crowd response. They have become stagnant in the eyes and ears of many admission buying clubgoers. Also, it feels like there are more DJs springing up (especially in Miami) than there are quality new releases coming out on vinyl. Soon there will be a glut in the marketplace (not too sound like a corporate pig) and the only thing that will differentiate is the live show.

Rabbit in the Moon has clearly raised the bar for what is expected from a dance music set -- live or DJ.

Also, kudos to Electric Skychurch who played earlier in the day on the main stage and managed to keep people over there even though it was raining.

I would rather play a live set with just a synth, a drum machine, and a mixer than a DJ set. People give bigger props.

Did you guys see when the frontman came down from a crane in a straight jacket? That was sick!