Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crankiness

georgym

I guess this is one of those questions that will either result in one gender bashing the other :blank: , or blaming it on a girls' period, which is prolly not the answer :nono:

I just don't get it. If they don't get their way, they're cranky. If they don't know what to wear, cranky. If the cake comes out just not right, cranky.

I don't recall guys getting that cranky. I mean, we get pissed and angry, but it blows over fast. With girls, it seems to linger ...

...my next guess would be because they are more emotional creatures than us as well...and then there is the period thing...and the societal aspect of what pressures each gender contends with...etc. etc...

BUT

...i will say that i dub myself a Moody Bitch and can be quite the cranky pants on occasion...so personally, i dont feel it's a gender oriented issue...but that's just me...

Originally posted by phatman

...my next guess would be because they are more emotional creatures than us as well...and then there is the period thing...and the societal aspect of what pressures each gender contends with...etc. etc...

BUT

...i will say that i dub myself a Moody Bitch and can be quite the cranky pants on occasion...so personally, i dont feel it's a gender oriented issue...but that's just me...

I understand the 1st part ;)

for the second, i have my moments, but i try not to let it get to me. Or, i keep it to myself.

Maybe it's just some of the people that im meeting, they seem to let their moods run their character. That sounds damn immature, don't it?

Originally posted by gmccookny

Maybe it's just some of the people that im meeting, they seem to let their moods run their character. That sounds damn immature, don't it?

...it is a level of maturity...as i have gotten older, i've learned to set aside moods appropriately...it comes with age and experience...i.e. i wont go out in a rotten mood...if i feel shitty i will either stay in or switch gears and get into the "right" mood...i let shit go a lot quicker than i used to, which says a lot for a scorpio...but i think as we get older we learn to value time more...we know that it's not worth being cranky, upset, etc for a long period of time...life is too short...so long as we dont sweep the real issues under the rug or side step the issue altogether, this is in my opinion, the mature way of dealing with it...

...make any cents?...

...it is a level of maturity...as i have gotten older, i've learned to set aside moods appropriately...it comes with age and experience...i.e. i wont go out in a rotten mood...if i feel shitty i will either stay in or switch gears and get into the "right" mood...i let shit go a lot quicker than i used to, which says a lot for a scorpio...but i think as we get older we learn to value time more...we know that it's not worth being cranky, upset, etc for a long period of time...life is too short...so long as we dont sweep the real issues under the rug or side step the issue altogether, this is in my opinion, the mature way of dealing with it...

...make any cents?...

Yes, this makes tons of "cents" (in fact, so much so that i feel rich now :tongue: .)

But now my next question is, when there is someone you either have a strong friendship with, or are involved with, AND you realize that they aren't dealing with it (side-stepping), or letting their moods get in the way, what can YOU do to help?

I think a mix of giving them space, and cheering them up could be a start, no :confused:

But now my next question is, when there is someone you either have a strong friendship with, or are involved with, AND you realize that they aren't dealing with it (side-stepping), or letting their moods get in the way, what can YOU do to help?

I think a mix of giving them space, and cheering them up could be a start, no :confused:

...not sure...an intervention of some sort may help..get them when they're in a "stable" mood and let them know what's on your mind...i have a cousin who has freaked out lately...going through a mid-life crisis...at first, i fought with him...then, i avoided him..eventually, i would catch him at quiet times and let him know how i felt about his recent moods...it all worked itself out but if this is not normal behavior for your friend/mate...then there's probably something at the root of all this/that...when you do discuss it with them, ask them how they want you to handle it....my ex asked for space until she came out of it...others, need diversions...depends on the person...

...not sure...an intervention of some sort may help..get them when they're in a "stable" mood and let them know what's on your mind...i have a cousin who has freaked out lately...going through a mid-life crisis...at first, i fought with him...then, i avoided him..eventually, i would catch him at quiet times and let him know how i felt about his recent moods...it all worked itself out but if this is not normal behavior for your friend/mate...then there's probably something at the root of all this/that...when you do discuss it with them, ask them how they want you to handle it....my ex asked for space until she came out of it...others, need diversions...depends on the person...

Yes, this person i have in mind is thinking about finding diversions, which makes sense. the person just seems to get worked up over such trivial things.

Like u said, i think i'll wait until the person is in a stable mood, then just let the person know. ;)

...make any cents?...

complete sense!

I was just talking to my best friend about the change in our behavior as we've gotten older. Between 20-24 you see some major attitude adjustments...

I guess this is one of those questions that will either result in one gender bashing the other :blank: , or blaming it on a girls' period, which is prolly not the answer :nono:

I just don't get it. If they don't get their way, they're cranky. If they don't know what to wear, cranky. If the cake comes out just not right, cranky.

I don't recall guys getting that cranky. I mean, we get pissed and angry, but it blows over fast. With girls, it seems to linger ...

omg look dude

im not one to be a cranky pms bitch

but if i see one more thread attacking women, girls, cunts etc

im gonna cut ur dick off and shove it up ur ass

wtf men can be cranky, men can be players, men can be bitches, men, men, men

god damn no more gendertyping please

<this message was brought to u by one cranky bitchy cunt>

have a nice day!

I didn't mean for this to be another gender bashing thread. If you had read my first line of the thread, you would have seen i said that .

And don't get so damn defensive! Sheeeesh... i thank phatty for putting my question in perspective, and giving me a nice, thoughtful response.

Yeah, like hotbarbie said... REEEEEEEEEELAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX :rolleyes:

I didn't mean for this to be another gender bashing thread. If you had read my first line of the thread, you would have seen i said that .

And don't get so damn defensive! Sheeeesh... i thank phatty for putting my question in perspective, and giving me a nice, thoughtful response.

Yeah, like hotbarbie said... REEEEEEEEEELAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX :rolleyes:

man i was being sarcastic

or did u really think i was going to cut ur dick off???

hmmmm.....

plus why would i delibertly complain, bitch, and moan

if it wasnt for pure amusement

seriously i would be proving ur point if it wasnt a joke???

dude give me some credit...

actually u two bitches proved u can be easily annoyed

and its not a gender thang...

blah

im gonna go buy a cutco knife...