Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So this is how protestors feel?

Originally posted by gmccookny

That's a terrible thing :(

Gives protestors a bad name :mad:

Protestors give themselves a bad name.. I am all for our rights protected under the constitution, but at some point, you have to think practically.

Nothing that these protestors do or say is going to stop this war; no matter how large their groups are, no matter how loudly they yell..

We are at war, and we need to support our troops, and thats that. Furthermore, these protests, I'm not even sure if these morons realize it bc they are too wrapped up in getting their precious thoughts across, force police and law enforcements to turn their attention away from homeland security, which at this point in time, should be the highest priority.

just my .02

Originally posted by chrishaolin

Protestors give themselves a bad name.. I am all for our rights protected under the constitution, but at some point, you have to think practically.

Nothing that these protestors do or say is going to stop this war; no matter how large their groups are, no matter how loudly they yell..

We are at war, and we need to support our troops, and thats that. Furthermore, these protests, I'm not even sure if these morons realize it bc they are too wrapped up in getting their precious thoughts across, force police and law enforcements to turn their attention away from homeland security, which at this point in time, should be the highest priority.

just my .02

So if homeland security is our highest priority, why are we fighting a war abroad?

And i think the protestors ARE thinking practically. Why go to war when we are going through a downturn in the economy, when there are terrorists still at large, when South Korea is an emerging threat, etc... etc...

And protesting is part of what brought the Vietnam war to an end. All the public dissention could not be had anymore by the president, and by and large the protests are what ended the Vietnam war.

We are at war, and we need to support our troops, and thats that.

So if we're losing more lives every day, more choppers are going down, more families of the soldiers keep losing their loved ones, we just keep fighting a war against a country like Iraq :confused:

Originally posted by gmccookny

So if homeland security is our highest priority, why are we fighting a war abroad?

I meant that homeland security is our highest priority *here* (on our soil), not policing the protests, which often times are far from "peaceful". But on the same note, our pre-emptive strike abroad is ultimately an avenue to insure our national security.

And i think the protestors ARE thinking practically. Why go to war when we are going through a downturn in the economy, when there are terrorists still at large, when South Korea is an emerging threat, etc... etc...

I think you meant North Korea, but anyway, what is more important in the whole scheme of things.. a bad economy??...

or the security and safety of Americans, to which Hussein and his sons are a major threat. While I don't agree with Bush for bypassing the UN's agreement, (I feel he set a very very bad precedent with that move), I do not agree that "a downturn in the economy" is an excuse not to take care of anyone that threatens our nation's safety.

And protesting is part of what brought the Vietnam war to an end. All the public dissention could not be had anymore by the president, and by and large the protests are what ended the Vietnam war.

So if we're losing more lives every day, more choppers are going down, more families of the soldiers keep losing their loved ones, we just keep fighting a war against a country like Iraq :confused:

Believe me, my prayers go out to all of the troops and their families, especially to those who have been killed and/or captured. I cannot even begin to imagine what they must be going through, but it is the bravery of those men and women that keeps our nation safe.

Originally posted by chrishaolin

I meant that homeland security is our highest priority *here* (on our soil), not policing the protests, which often times are far from "peaceful". But on the same note, our pre-emptive strike abroad is ultimately an avenue to insure our national security.

I think you meant North Korea, but anyway, what is more important in the whole scheme of things.. a bad economy??...

or the security and safety of Americans, to which Hussein and his sons are a major threat. While I don't agree with Bush for bypassing the UN's agreement, (I feel he set a very very bad precedent with that move), I do not agree that "a downturn in the economy" is an excuse not to take care of anyone that threatens our nation's safety.

Believe me, my prayers go out to all of the troops and their families, especially to those who have been killed and/or captured. I cannot even begin to imagine what they must be going through, but it is the bravery of those men and women that keeps our nation safe.

kool , i respect your responses :cool: