Clubplanet Nightlife Community

week in review

livin42nite

Finally feeling a bit recovered from the past week and i'll post my review of the week, although I've got to say there are already 2 many damn threads about wmc reviews, I think all of them should just be placed together in one but thats just me. First off I gotta say my wmc week really started sunday night at jazid, though not really a party was a great atmosphere, good music, good chillout, watched my ex who came with me lose really bad to demi in pool. All in all was a cool lil party and a great start to wmc. Next up was the hooj party, all I gotta say about that is that was my party of the conference mainly cause of jz's set there. Man that guy will be in the top 10 next year, he played in a small room and played songs he normally leaves for sasha to play such as enjoy the gravy and that mix of clocks. Unbelievable set and great guy, talked to him after his set for a while which was cool, good set by ross cale 2 i gotta say. Tuesday got to see the new space and I already reviewed that already, great venue with only two complaints from me control those guys who keep taking their shirts off, i know u go to the gym and think u buff and gotta show your body but do that at the beach not at the club. Anyways loved the place and og's set but danny t was not for me. Wednesday oakie and tiesto killed, amazing set by the guys and how are people gonna complain about power going out, this is for your safety here, made me feel like the guys were doing their work to prevent a tragedy from happening again although I do think if something messed up happens nothing can stop the people from hurting each other in their panic. Thursday sasha and digweed played great but I left around 7 cause I can't do this much partying everynight, I don't do any drugs at all and my body just ain't built for that much partying. All i can say about that night is to me jz stole the show again from these guys but maybe thats cause i missed most of s&d's set. Forgot to mention b4 heading to space went to dance valley and was amazed with misja helsloot although only caught only about 40 minutes of his set and was great to see and talk to tiesto there he was really cool although obviously was drunk. Friday afternoon woke up for playboy party and I enjoyed myself there, good lil pool party and nice place to chill which was a relief from all the clubbing, checked opium also and that was a cool party 2. THen was back to clubbing and pvd, man the guy just killed massive set by him although i missed a lot of it as around 5 went to listen to gabriel and dresden in the other room for an hour then went home. Let me say those guys rocked it even though not much people in that room except for those that were trashed. SAt was ultra and I gotta say I preferred the way it was organized last year, I went this year thinking I would see s&d and picotto on the real main stage and nope didn't happen instead underworld was there and i understand lots of fans, but one stage should have been for live performances like that and rabbit in the moon who i gotta say was amazing and the other for the top dj acts. All in all I gotta say one great week.

FAv tune: Clocks remix that james zabiela played and enjoy the gravy

Fav club: space 34, that place is just mad crazy and provided you with practically every dj you could ever want to see for extended sets so the passport was worth the price, I wish some of these guys would be back headlining soon such as g&d or jz.

Top set: James zabiela at hooj party which was also the night of my conference

Thanks:dade at og for setting up the hooj party and other great parties there, dave for the hookup to playboy party and wish i made it out to lotus party for the hotel costes dj as I like those mixes although different style, and to biz and the space crew for their massive lineup and for giving any dance fan the oppurtunity to experience all their fav dj's in 5 days.

Originally posted by livin42nite

Finally feeling a bit recovered from the past week and i'll post my review of the week, although I've got to say there are already 2 many damn threads about wmc reviews, I think all of them should just be placed together in one but thats just me. First off I gotta say my wmc week really started sunday night at jazid, though not really a party was a great atmosphere, good music, good chillout, watched my ex who came with me lose really bad to demi in pool. All in all was a cool lil party and a great start to wmc. Next up was the hooj party, all I gotta say about that is that was my party of the conference mainly cause of jz's set there. Man that guy will be in the top 10 next year, he played in a small room and played songs he normally leaves for sasha to play such as enjoy the gravy and that mix of clocks. Unbelievable set and great guy, talked to him after his set for a while which was cool, good set by ross cale 2 i gotta say. Tuesday got to see the new space and I already reviewed that already, great venue with only two complaints from me control those guys who keep taking their shirts off, i know u go to the gym and think u buff and gotta show your body but do that at the beach not at the club. Anyways loved the place and og's set but danny t was not for me. Wednesday oakie and tiesto killed, amazing set by the guys and how are people gonna complain about power going out, this is for your safety here, made me feel like the guys were doing their work to prevent a tragedy from happening again although I do think if something messed up happens nothing can stop the people from hurting each other in their panic. Thursday sasha and digweed played great but I left around 7 cause I can't do this much partying everynight, I don't do any drugs at all and my body just ain't built for that much partying. All i can say about that night is to me jz stole the show again from these guys but maybe thats cause i missed most of s&d's set. Forgot to mention b4 heading to space went to dance valley and was amazed with misja helsloot although only caught only about 40 minutes of his set and was great to see and talk to tiesto there he was really cool although obviously was drunk. Friday afternoon woke up for playboy party and I enjoyed myself there, good lil pool party and nice place to chill which was a relief from all the clubbing, checked opium also and that was a cool party 2. THen was back to clubbing and pvd, man the guy just killed massive set by him although i missed a lot of it as around 5 went to listen to gabriel and dresden in the other room for an hour then went home. Let me say those guys rocked it even though not much people in that room except for those that were trashed. SAt was ultra and I gotta say I preferred the way it was organized last year, I went this year thinking I would see s&d and picotto on the real main stage and nope didn't happen instead underworld was there and i understand lots of fans, but one stage should have been for live performances like that and rabbit in the moon who i gotta say was amazing and the other for the top dj acts. All in all I gotta say one great week.

FAv tune: Clocks remix that james zabiela played and enjoy the gravy

Fav club: space 34, that place is just mad crazy and provided you with practically every dj you could ever want to see for extended sets so the passport was worth the price, I wish some of these guys would be back headlining soon such as g&d or jz.

Top set: James zabiela at hooj party which was also the night of my conference

Thanks:dade at og for setting up the hooj party and other great parties there, dave for the hookup to playboy party and wish i made it out to lotus party for the hotel costes dj as I like those mixes although different style, and to biz and the space crew for their massive lineup and for giving any dance fan the oppurtunity to experience all their fav dj's in 5 days.

James rocked it in the little upstairs room at Opium ... and rocked it at Space opening for Sasha and Digweed ...

his sound can adapt to a small or big room alike ... his energy will fill any size room ... as long as he has a crowd that understands what the f**k he is doing ...

Just wished Miami was more musically receptive 365 ... :rolleyes: