Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone else totally sick of school?

After 1 yr in a community college and 2 yrs now in stony brook, i cannot look at school any longer. Perhaps its because i just got back from spring break. Its not that my school is bad or anything i just can take learning any longer. I'm trying to graduate with a B.S in bio and take that into med school. Im pissed at the concept that i gotta study half of my life. I mean life goes by rather quickly and why should i spend the best years of my life studying. I know that this sounds really silly and childish, but seriously, dont u think that if we only get a chance to live once, we should do only what pleases us instead of reading annoying books. I guess essentially i dont really care if a become a doctor or not because of the long process it takes to get there. I really cant see a career that has no negatives except maybe being a DJ or something like that. I guess i just have to vent because i dont think it's fair that all this studying only may pay off when i'm freggin 40.:mad:

Guest funkysoul
Originally posted by nychunk

After 1 yr in a community college and 2 yrs now in stony brook, i cannot look at school any longer. Perhaps its because i just got back from spring break. Its not that my school is bad or anything i just can take learning any longer. I'm trying to graduate with a B.S in bio and take that into med school. Im pissed at the concept that i gotta study half of my life. I mean life goes by rather quickly and why should i spend the best years of my life studying. I know that this sounds really silly and childish, but seriously, dont u think that if we only get a chance to live once, we should do only what pleases us instead of reading annoying books. I guess essentially i dont really care if a become a doctor or not because of the long process it takes to get there. I really cant see a career that has no negatives except maybe being a DJ or something like that. I guess i just have to vent because i dont think it's fair that all this studying only may pay off when i'm freggin 40.:mad:

triumph.jpg

POOP ON SCHOOL!!

FUCK SCHOOL!!!

I HATE SCHOOL!!! THOSE FREAKING TEACHERS!!!

I already have a B.S. in biology and I went clubbing every week of that degree except the semesters that I took miserable organic chemistry. Then again I mainly took botany and microbiology so it was easy for me.

i have 1 semester left of my computer science degree, and it is so hard, i don't have time to go to clubs except in the summer or winter breaks. I hate cs.

I agree w/ you: I hate my classes, but I would rather work now and play later. It's easier to find any job vs to have a career, and I want a career.

Originally posted by nyckitty69

I already have a B.S. in biology and I went clubbing every week of that degree except the semesters that I took miserable organic chemistry. Then again I mainly took botany and microbiology so it was easy for me.

i have 1 semester left of my computer science degree, and it is so hard, i don't have time to go to clubs except in the summer or winter breaks. I hate cs.

I agree w/ you: I hate my classes, but I would rather work now and play later. It's easier to find any job vs to have a career, and I want a career.

I am reading a book by Michael Crichton called Prey; You might enjoy it. It is about biology and computer programming. It has some interesting concepts.

I really can't wait to finish the semester, I finally graduate after 5 years. I did the co-op program so that's why I had an extra year. Doing any kind of work after spring break is just not happening...I've been blowing off all my classes since then.

sorry to say, But not the right attitude to have, if u are plannin to go to med school, because med school and residencies and fellowships are for those who are very very very dicadated

good luck

peace

jonathan

Originally posted by lipeoci

i can't concentrate on anything this semester... i've got ZERO motivation, nevermind tolerance for studying, papers and exams!!!

wished it would all just go away!!!!!!

You just summed up everything ive said so far about this Spring semester...It's rediculous after X-mas break I came back to school and didnt do shit for like the first 3 weeks I missed like all my classes and now Spring Break is still lingering in me....it sucks man i want this year to end quick and it can be summer and I can make money and party :rock:

as another old fart will say to you all, enjoy your undergrad years while it lasts. those are your glory years. cherish what you learn and don't underestimate the knowledge you are absorbing.

you think school is fuckin hard? i never had to pull an all nighter in school in my life. shit, the minute i step out of school and enter the workforce, i've had to pull 3 all nighters in a row on numerous occasions. i work both days every weekend a minimum of 8 hours each day. the minimum amount of hours i work in a week is 80, normally close to 100. on top of that, i have to look sharp, be coherent, be able to explain my analysis and not fall asleep.

don't take for granted the easy life you have in college. if you want a career and life wasn't handed to you on a silver platter, you better be disciplined and work your ass off for it.

work hard, play hard.

I have no (zero!!) motivation this semester ... so I dropped/withdrew from my classes.. Only going part time this semester and it's probably the best decision I ever made! Unexpected things came up... screwed me over in so many ways that I couldn't focus in school at all. So why would I go to school when I'm not in the right state of mind... to make up for this semester I gotta go full time during the summer.. =) So I'm not going to continue to slack off..... work and go to school during the summer!

Originally posted by kitty19

as another old fart will say to you all, enjoy your undergrad years while it lasts. those are your glory years. cherish what you learn and don't underestimate the knowledge you are absorbing.

you think school is fuckin hard? i never had to pull an all nighter in school in my life. shit, the minute i step out of school and enter the workforce, i've had to pull 3 all nighters in a row on numerous occasions. i work both days every weekend a minimum of 8 hours each day. the minimum amount of hours i work in a week is 80, normally close to 100. on top of that, i have to look sharp, be coherent, be able to explain my analysis and not fall asleep.

don't take for granted the easy life you have in college. if you want a career and life wasn't handed to you on a silver platter, you better be disciplined and work your ass off for it.

work hard, play hard.

Who said anything about Undergrad? Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm pursuing my masters degree while holding down a full-time PR job... Now I dare ya to go ahead and tell me what hard work really is.

:blown:

I cant stand school anymore. This semester is killing me. Its weird. I hardly studied for anything yet i did good on all my midterms. I have zero motivation. It seems like classes and work gets in the way of sleeping or going out. I cant wait for the summer. Anyone here go to Hofstra? Cause if you do, just how much does it suck that our spring break is so f'n late in april!

Originally posted by kitty19

work hard, play hard.

o thank goodness for this post! i was on the verge of saying the same thing while reading through everyone's complaints, but i probably wouldn't have put it as eloquently.

plus if you don't want to go to college, then don't go. there's plenty of other options, don't limit yourself just because you think it's what you're supposed to do. the entire achievement ideology is bs anyway, plenty of other ways to get ahead in life.

just when I was happy the semester was close to ending, they added another week to compensate for the snow.

Originally posted by thehunter

:blown:

I cant stand school anymore. This semester is killing me. Its weird. I hardly studied for anything yet i did good on all my midterms. I have zero motivation. It seems like classes and work gets in the way of sleeping or going out. I cant wait for the summer. Anyone here go to Hofstra? Cause if you do, just how much does it suck that our spring break is so f'n late in april!