Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Oakenfold Shadow or Orbit ????

sobeton

What is the deal with Oakey ?? Shadow Lounge says he is going to be there on November 16th. However, Orbit a new club in Boynton Beach; says he is going to be appearing at their club. E- mailing Shadow now; to see if they can clarify this.

Peace,

Sobeton

WELL ORBIT HAS A FLYER OUT ALREADY THAT HAS HIM LISTED TO PLAY ON THE 16TH..... AND BUY THE WAY ... THE CLUB IS NOT NEW IT WAS THE OLD GRAND BUT IT'S NOW UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT.... AND A NEW RESIDENT DJ MIKE -E FROM DANCETARIUM....

------------------

GARY P.(ARTISTRY @ NEVIS)

FREE YOUR MIND

oakey is quite famous for driving (or flying) all over the UK to play as many gig's as possible in one night. therefore making large quantities of money. so i see this as the perfect opportunity for him to start doing this in the states.

Oakey is the antithesis of what a true DJ should be - he's only in it for egotistical reasons (money and fame)... may he go down in flames! cwm23.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Arrakis > I guess that means you will not be going to here him Spin. Damn bro; that is harsh. We already spoke about this, but I still believe he is a good DJ. I just think he Needs a reality check. He has a style which his own; I don’t believe he will ever

Change. He unwillingness to vary his style; may someday be his downfall…

Peace,

Sobeton

Ahh, he's old news. The guy can't mix, his sets are pretty much the same from 2-3 years ago. On the other hand, it's Shadow Lounge and they seem to love trance music from that time period. It's perfect-o!

Sobeton, tell us what u think...

Arrakis > No offense taken bro. That is a good quote from Erick . I have stated before that trance is going to slowly die out. The DJ ‘s that survive the Trance Wave; will Be the ones able to incorporate other styles of music into theirs. I really want to See Oakey, because he is the person I first heard when I started getting into Trance. House music is still the music rocks my world. It is the foundation Of Dance music. Trance is a nice diversion…. This will be my first time Hearing Oakey spin live. I will give you my feedback; after the show….

Peace,

Sobeton

Sobe> Word up; it's all good.. let us know how his performance is.

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Sobe> No disrespect, bro - but I just don't dig complacency and unwillingness to change/develop. That's Oakey's weakness; I realize the mark he's left on electronic music... I'll end w/ a quote from Erick Morillo: "As far as I'm concerned, trance is opening the doors for house music in the States. Everybody slags off Paul Oakenfold, but not me. How old is he? I don't know, but he's rocking the kids and they all look up to him. I say god bless Paul Oakenfold! Because he'll make it possible for Subliminal to become the Number One house label in America." - AMEN! cwm20.gif

------------------

Archived