Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Post WMC top dj list.. Whos hot, and whos not...

Guest saleen351

saleen, once again you have no clue about music.

oh goody, now I get to read your monkey comeback. and fyi, i once witnessed a 5'4" guy kick the shit out of three football players. 4 teachers had to pull the kid off. violence IS high school bro, join the army to release some steam.

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

REALLY??!! should hear me spin!!! only I can take Prog./Tribal house and make it sound like Jungle/Drum n Bass, b/c of all the beats crashing...its truly breath-taking

That's amazing! :laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrjoebudious

saleen, once again you have no clue about music.

and why don't I have a clue on music? Please explain... You seem like a pissed off house head that now realizes house is dead. Miami is just 6 months behind nyc....

Guest saleen351

I actually posted 11 including the busiest party of the conference. Now I'm done with you.

good luck... you are gonna turn out to be the next Disco Stu...

Let it go, its ova

HOT DJ DIXON WAS GOING OFF IN BOTH ROOMS AND HE BLEW AN AMP!!

also hot

MARK FARINA W/ ONLY 30 PEOPLE LISTNIN' @ KISS

NOT

AUDIO BULLIES @ NIKKI

the bullies were real bad, the best part of thier set was

when my friend lit a bunch of fireworks!!!!!

Originally posted by saleen351

its house with a more progressive tip...

how about just saying "Tech-House"... and I agree Techno is where it's at, as long as it's funky...

I was very impressed by Will Web at the Detroit/Miami BBQ, very funky electro and techno, underground tracks with mainstream appeal, and turns out he plays 3 nights a week in West Palm, not surprising since what I heard from him at the BBQ was more than funky enough to move even the most closed-minded South Florida crowds, just throw in a little tribal.... I'll definitely be making the trip up there soon to hear how he tailors his sound to a weekly club environment

Also HOT:

FutureShock: never heard of 'em? you will! with a new album out on Junior of retro tech funk, very 80's but with a very original revision of that sound, only caught their last track at the Subliminal party, called "Late at Night", exactly the kind of dark tech anthem we've been waiting for

Miss Kitten: blew me away at Soho Lounge, and she wasn't even at her best, this gal definitely knows her way around the decks, laying down a solid set of slamming retro/techno, while avoiding all the obvious 80's references and remixes, very tasteful techno indeed, didn't resort to any tracks featuring her own vocals that she's recently become famous for

re: House/Deep House is dead? not by a long shot, though it's definitely not as relevant any more, and the whole West Coast sound is so played out, but count on the die-hards to keep the fires burning.... and there are other kinds of deep house out there although most are unaware... the Inland Knights definitely stand out, very deep but on a much more minimal, techy tip, yet at the same time incredibly groovy and soulful, their productions are pure class, and they don't need any muted trumpet solos to prove it!

Guest saleen351

futureshock has one of my fav tracks of all time..

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, GOD ALMIGHTY WE ARE FREE AT LAST...

FS MIX OF MLK...

YOU WANT 80'S MARCUS SHULTZ HAS ONE OF THE BEST 80 REMIXES... YOU'LL HEAR IT SOON.

infusion at tronic/long night out was fucking incredible if you realized what the fuck those guys were doing on stage.

i still havent had the chance to see a live Hybrid act, i bet that would be awesome also like infusuion.

techno never left, it just ain't that popular here in the US. i kinda like it that way. must make it to 'i love techno' sometime soon.

Originally posted by saleen351

futureshock has one of my fav tracks of all time..

then you're way ahead of me on this one, I only found out about them last week, with their album release and appearance at Crobar

80's is definitely the new thing, or I mean the new old thing, but there are a lot of remixes of 80's tracks that just don't cut it, and Blue Monday is the shit, but unfortunately I think we've heard enough of it already... just because something is 80's doesn't mean it's good, I look to those artists who can pick up where the 80's left off, not those who just regurgitate the sounds of that decade, though I'd rather hear that than a regurgitation of that 70's disco sound, we've had way more than enough of that at this point

another act that's incredibly hot right now: METRO AREA, although their sound is rather deep, I like to play their records at around +6%... a very original mix of deep disco and detroit electro... missed their live P.A. at the Diesel party, though not for lack of trying, if I had only known in advance I'd have tried to get on the list for that "invite only" event...

also CHICKEN LIPS, similar, but not as consistent in my opinion

Originally posted by eKiTeL

then you're way ahead of me on this one, I only found out about them last week, with their album release and appearance at Crobar

80's is definitely the new thing, or I mean the new old thing, but there are a lot of remixes of 80's tracks that just don't cut it, and Blue Monday is the shit, but unfortunately I think we've heard enough of it already... just because something is 80's doesn't mean it's good, I look to those artists who can pick up where the 80's left off, not those who just regurgitate the sounds of that decade, though I'd rather hear that than a regurgitation of that 70's disco sound, we've had way more than enough of that at this point

I have noticed that whenever a DJ drops a remix of an 80's song , the crowd goes nuts so I agree that it is a good thing but hopefully they won't over do it otherwise it's gonna suck ass.

Guest saleen351

another new massive 80's remix, pretty posion, catch me i'm falling, chris and kai remix....

so far no djs have it...

well deep dish does, and some nyc centro fly guys, but thats about it...