Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The French Love Us...

nycmuzik

BORDEAUX, France — Vandals in southwest Bordeaux torched a replica of the Statue of Liberty and cracked the pedestal of a plaque honoring victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

The crowned head of the 8-foot-tall statue was blackened by fire and its eyes were marked with red paint, apparently to symbolize tears of blood, an official at the mayor's office said.

The statue and the Sept. 11 plaque are beside each other in a square near the city center.

The mayor of the southwestern city, Alain Juppe, condemned Wednesday's pre-dawn attack, saying the statue's message is especially pertinent in wartime.

"At a time when the world is living a major conflict, it is more important than ever to remain watchful of the values of peace and liberty," said Juppe, a former prime minister.

The Lady Liberty standing in New York Harbor was a gift from France to the United States commemorating freedom and friendship between the nations. It was made by Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi and dedicated in 1886.

Today, tensions between France and the United States have flared over the war in Iraq. French people overwhelmingly oppose the U.S.-led conflict and President Jacques Chirac angered many Americans by trying to slow the U.S. drive to war.

In France, vandals have ransacked McDonald's restaurants in Paris and Strasbourg, targeting the fast food chain as a symbol of American influence.

Cafeterias in the U.S. House of Representatives subsequently changed their menus to read "freedom fries" instead of French fries and "freedom toast" instead of French toast.

Lawmakers also introduced bills preventing France from participating in any postwar reconstruction projects.

The French are NOT anti American, they are not fighters, they are more of pacifists than traitors like more would like to believe. If anyone gets a chance to go to Paris, you will find this out this first hand.

I know alot of peeps would be like.."who wants to go to Paris"..Ok..if you cant afford it or you arent a worldly person..thats Ok... you are entitled to your opinion. But you gotta remember, we are using International law (Geneva Convetion Treaties) as an excuse to demonize the Iraqis for mistreating our bros and sisters in combat. But arent we forgetting something, we invaded Iraq without the Worlds concession.... Double standard? Sounds like it.

Now we are the worlds pariahs. No one stands us...including the majority of citizens of our so-called allies !! Who's gonna help us track down malicious terrorists if we alienate the rest of the world?

I hope you got some good answers, coz I'm all ears...

GOD Bless us all....... I hope this doesnt generate a world war.

It has been debated that the statue of liberty was a joke from the french. The words used, "your tired, your poor,/Your huddled masses ..." were thought to connote something other than hope to many.

Either way, the French have never been a consistant ally of the US. To destroy the statue of liberty replica does not surprise me. To crack the 9-11 plaque does. The French seem to find new ways to lower themselves.

Paris IS a wonderful city but do not be fooled, the French have something against us. They have always held a grudge and always will.

And in terms of this war, I will reask the question I posed on another thread. On the first night of fighting, reports came in that scud missiles were fired out of Iraq towards Kuwait. This was immediate evidence that Iraq had lied about maintaining weapons of destruction. This is simple burden of proof and yet neither France nor Germany has changed its position regarding this war. You just get the feeling that the US and Great Britain will find chemical weapons, they will find a surpressed people, etc etc and the French, the Germans, etc will be left holding their penis in their hands saying, "...ok..well... you were right...sorry we didnt help..."

If it indeed comes to that, I can not wait to rip people apart. If it does not, I will, as I have been doing lately, hold my tongue.

Time will reveal all.

Originally posted by magellanmax

we are using International law (Geneva Convetion Treaties) as an excuse to demonize the Iraqis for mistreating our bros and sisters in combat. But arent we forgetting something, we invaded Iraq without the Worlds concession.... Double standard? Sounds like it.

i heard on a couple of news channels that we actually had a majority of votes to go into Iraq, but since France made it very clear that they were gonna "VETO" we went our own way...again i have said this before, the UN DOES NOT WORK....and now the French are going to Veto American/British control in reconstructing Iraq?? the French should really stop screaming out: That they want all the oil for themselves...its pathetic really...if the French would actually grow at least some raisin balls and at least put one Frenchman in Iraq to help the cause, they could actually put in some ideas on how to help Iraq after the war...they havent done shit, so they should SHUT THE FUCK UP...i am sure America and England will have no problem with allowing the UN to help in the reconstruction of Iraq, just keep those French, German, Russian and Chinese dipshits out of the reconstruction of Iraq...we dont need those assholes messing up that country or sabotaging our efforts...bunch of pansies!!!!:mad:

y'all should boycott every product manufactured by or in a country who is not part of the coalition. you guys will probably end up living in some cardboard box in the middle of nebraska wearing banana leafs and eating grass. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dnice35

yeah its called penis envy.

there's a funny story relating to this...

the US in the 80's decided to "help" africa with its aids crisis and send tons of condoms to them so that they can learn to use birth control and somehow lower the risk of getting the disease. surprisingly, the africans sent the condoms back to the US. the explanation they gave was that the condoms were too small for the average african man to use...:laugh: :laugh: :aright::D

Originally posted by sassa

the US in the 80's decided to "help" africa with its aids crisis and send tons of condoms to them so that they can learn to use birth control and somehow lower the risk of getting the disease. surprisingly, the africans sent the condoms back to the US. the explanation they gave was that the condoms were too small for the average african man to use...:laugh: :laugh: :aright::D

:laugh:

that was actually funny.

Originally posted by sassa

:laugh:...thank God i have a Cuban background...:laugh: