Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wanna see some Ironic pictures RE: Iraq and US relation

georgym

Originally posted by gmccookny

rumsfeld.80s.jpg

In case you don't know, that's Donald Rumsfeld, Sec. of Defense, shaking hands with Saddam.

Even if relations one time with the Iraqiis were good, i doubt the US gov't wants many people to see this picture :eek:

Yeah I've seen that before, but not many ppl know about it.

Spread the word.

Even if relations one time with the Iraqiis were good, i doubt the US gov't wants many people to see this picture :eek:

i doubt anyone cares about that picture at this point in time....it changes nothing....the facts remain the facts

rumsfeld.80s.jpg

In case you don't know, that's Donald Rumsfeld, Sec. of Defense, shaking hands with Saddam.

If I am not mistaken that picture is from the early 80's... b/c we were allies over 20 years ago, does that mean we are obligated to stay allies forever?

Originally posted by dnice35

If I am not mistaken that picture is from the early 80's... b/c we were allies over 20 years ago, does that mean we are obligated to stay allies forever?

I'll quote myself again. try to understand:

Even if relations one time with the Iraqiis were good, i doubt the US gov't wants many people to see this picture

I acknowledge the fact that we might have been allies, but the picture in today's context is so ironical

Originally posted by siceone

Be fair show the preisdent of france giving saddam a tour of a nuke plant CMON !!! just because you shake hands with someone doesn't mean anything. way to speculate !!

well then provide a pic. I didn't know about that :confused:

And remember, My intention for this thread was for shock, not comparison. They may be only shaking hands, but the symbolism behind it in today's situation is really something that stands out.

But by all means, provide more astonishing pics

well then provide a pic. I didn't know about that :confused:

And remember, My intention for this thread was for shock, not comparison. They may be only shaking hands, but the symbolism behind that picture is really something that stands out.

But by all means, provide more astonishing pics

there is an Entire Video documenting his trip and look at the documented support of the french or russians supporting the regime compared to the americans.

all Im saying is everyones hands are dirty and things like this make it look the americans are the only people to ever give iraq aid. which compared to other countries was marginal at best be fair man that's all Im saying.

Be fair show the preisdent of france giving saddam a tour of a nuke plant CMON !!! just because you shake hands with someone doesn't mean anything. way to speculate !!

If I am not mistaken France was helping Iraq build nuclear reactors in the late 70's early 80's, but an unfortunate accident the reactors were destroyed...... :confused:

Originally posted by dnice35

If I am not mistaken France was helping Iraq build nuclear reactors in the late 70's early 80's, but an unfortunate accident the reactors were destroyed...... :confused:

The french paid for the Osirak plant and a nuclear processing facility.

The isrealis bombed the reactor

the french help rebulid it and I was bombed again I think

The french paid for the Osirak plant and a nuclear processing facility.

The isrealis bombed the reactor

the french help rebulid it and I was bombed again I think

from what I understand It was Israel, who made that problem dissappear. thank god for our jewish allies.

Saddam Hussein at a nuclear reactor in France in 1975. Jacques Chirac is at right in the glasses. Saddam wanted a nuclear reactor capable of producing plutonium for nuclear weapons. France supplied its Osiris reactor which was named Osirak (Osiris + Iraq]. It was being erected when it was destroyed in a Sunday strike [June 7, 1981] by the Israelis, timed to save the lives of the French scientists helping with the construction.

attachment.php?postid=1390161

Originally posted by underwater

Saddam Hussein at a nuclear reactor in France in 1975. Jacques Chirac is at right in the glasses. Saddam wanted a nuclear reactor capable of producing plutonium for nuclear weapons. France supplied its Osiris reactor which was named Osirak (Osiris + Iraq]. It was being erected when it was destroyed in a Sunday strike [June 7, 1981] by the Israelis, timed to save the lives of the French scientists helping with the construction.

I had a feeling ChIRAQ and Saddam slepted in the same bed.....

Originally posted by underwater

very interesting...

thanks 4 tha pic;)